March 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    A new reason to have to run was anouced...

LG's SnowWhite is like a Keurig for ice cream
    https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/12/lg-snowwhite-ice-cream-maker-keurig/
    11i94vlj85t8.png
    Is there something wrong with me if that looks gross to me? I'm thinking of the stuff supposedly growing in improperly cleaned Keurigs and now we're putting a cold (ie. no high temperatures to kill the gunk) dairy product in it. But the rest of you, feel free to enjoy!

Biked today with my kid (to the mall, for McNuggets, which strangely aren't as gross to me in Europe), then took a break for lunch, ran with him to school and kept going for 15 km. It was hard at the beginning but got nicer as I kept going. Now to get some work done before an evening work meeting that I've been dreading, but hopefully will resolve some things.

Spoiler: view from the bike trail, and cheese. Mmmmm...
    4pec9bjnby14.jpg
    xrvmy3c99lei.jpg

Hah, my first thought was “maybe the cleaning pod shouldn’t look so similar to the ice cream pods?” But I’m one of those “let’s all eat more gunk!” people, so the concept doesn’t strike me as gross. Not worth the counter space, personally, but then I don’t have much of a sweet tooth. On the other hand, that cheese looks fabulous. I have two shelves in my refrigerator almost entirely devoted to cheese.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,074 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »

i want that. i have no counter space for it. i will make counter space. want. badly. now

Me too! Oh it would be too dangerous for me. Ice cream is probably my favorite dessert! I eat those enlightened bars pretty much every night, but I can fit that in pretty easily. Not sure about a bowl of ice cream a day. So tempting!!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

i want that. i have no counter space for it. i will make counter space. want. badly. now

Me too! Oh it would be too dangerous for me. Ice cream is probably my favorite dessert! I eat those enlightened bars pretty much every night, but I can fit that in pretty easily. Not sure about a bowl of ice cream a day. So tempting!!

idk a serving of vanilla ice cream is like 120 to 150 cals. i usually make it happen every night in spring thru fall. hot chocolate the rest of the nights
    but i am from wisconsin, america's dairyland :)
  • NCK96
    NCK96 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    We're not big ice cream eaters here, thankfully, but I have all of my teenage son's friends here constantly and this machine would totally add to the mess and chaos. No thank you! It's already bad enough with drinks and pizza boxes and snack wrappers. I guess if it was your personal machine and you know it was cleaned well, it could be fun.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    oh northface endurance WI is posted. hmmmm.
    kinda wanna, kinda don't wanna die
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

idk a serving of vanilla ice cream is like 120 to 150 cals. i usually make it happen every night in spring thru fall. hot chocolate the rest of the nights

Yea, real ice cream is not bad in calories (and pretty healthy actually), but I highly doubt this will be all that real. It probably be about the same as any generic soft serve which is more like 200-250 per serving. All just a guess till it comes out for real though.
  • mbaker566
    Options

Yea, real ice cream is not bad in calories (and pretty healthy actually), but I highly doubt this will be all that real. It probably be about the same as any generic soft serve which is more like 200-250 per serving. All just a guess till it comes out for real though.

booo. i do see a frozen custard pod. this makes it a bit more tempting
  • hoshaugh73
    hoshaugh73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options

Ditto, seriously....I'm an ice cream fanatic!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo oh goodness, I would have been a nervous wreck. I’m glad your latest tests are more positive. One good thing to bear in mind is that at least you are aware there’s an issue and can keep an eye on it.