What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• ronmatta
    ronmatta Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    10 mile group run, 1:30, 42 degrees, at least the rain stopped. Refreshing wind
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    15mins hard on the elliptical
    10mins hard on the rowing machine
    20min hilly walk
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    2 hours clearing trees and moving them up a hill, clearing brush, etc.

Taking a break, fueling up, and going back out soon enough.
  • JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    Options
    Cycling
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Not a work out, but coxing for the first time ever. I didn't hit anything (we row in a river with numerous bridges and there were a few large stumps that needed to be avoided), got okish at calling pieces, and docked without incident. And my boat (which was a B boat) "won" our last race piece, but only because our coach called the second one later than he wanted.

TL;DR: no workout but much success.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,199 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Awesome @aokoye! My workout today was much less of a workout and more of a mental health exercise. I spent an hour on the water kayaking by myself. Got some great pictures out of it. :) And I spent the day cleaning, so it's been a productive day.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,387 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    Not a work out, but coxing for the first time ever. I didn't hit anything (we row in a river with numerous bridges and there were a few large stumps that needed to be avoided), got okish at calling pieces, and docked without incident. And my boat (which was a B boat) "won" our last race piece, but only because our coach called the second one later than he wanted.

Kudos. I think coxing is good (informative, educational) for a rower. Every rower ought to do it now and then, IMO.
  • maraingerham
    maraingerham Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Brutal HIIT.
    AMRAP each station for 12 min

Station 1:
    Sprint/Run .20 miles
    Row 200 meters
    20 wall balls
    20 total kneed rotations w med ball

Station 2:
    Assault bike 10 cal
    20 box jumps SL (SINGLE LEG!!)
    20 chest press
    20 Single Arm overhead snatch

Station 3.
    30 rope slams
    30 jumping lunges
    30 kettlebell swings
    30 goblet squats

Finisher:
    30 sec plank jacks
    30 sec cross star sit-ups
    30 sec burpees
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »

Kudos. I think coxing is good (informative, educational) for a rower. Every rower ought to do it now and then, IMO.

Thanks @AnnPT77 and @JustSomeEm ! My club uses a spreadsheet to determine who is up to cox next (based on how often you've come to practice and when you last coxed). I was second in line and we needed two coxes today and thus (normally we need one to two depending on how many boats we're taking out and if our normal cox wants to go out in her single instead of coxing). Given that I row sweep three days a week, I'll likely cox once a month or so. It honestly was a lot less anxiety provoking than I thought, though I'm very glad it was light outside and my stern pair were very experienced and helped me out.

It was definitely trial by fire, but it was totally worth it. Plus now I'm not really nervous about coxing!
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    6+ hours clearing a hill.
  • AlexDaRiva
    AlexDaRiva Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Surfed this afternoon. Was fun!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Nothing, work gets in my way again; another rest day.
  • GimmeAMalt
    GimmeAMalt Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    3 naps.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    1 mile hilly walk
    Romanian deadlifts 4x5
    1 arm DB bench press 3x5
    DB row 3x8
    9 minutes continuous of KB swings, walking lunges, mountain climbers, and med ball slams.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    3.1mile recovery run
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Run 5:15 walk 0:45 for 10 rounds = 60 minutes and 5.24 miles. Had “technical difficulties” today and it impacted pace and distance completed. Will remedy next Sunday.

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    My body is saying rest! I'm taking my time over coffee and will go noodle around the garden for a couple of hours listening to an audiobook. I might take a walk later, or I might hit up the mall depending on how I feel. I'll probably do 20-30 mins of yoga/stretching at some point.
  • Carvendive
    Carvendive Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Last two months: 9 holes of golf, walking every day plus a few 18 hole days. 3-4days a week cycling 12-28 miles. (Retired so I have the time.) Age 66.
  • JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    Options
    Upper Body Strength, yoga and pilates
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Orange Theory today