Do you drink diet soda?

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited April 2019
    No. Don't drink soda unless I am making a cocktail and in that case it's always regular. So my overall consumption is low and with that, I don't feel the need to go diet.

I also don't really do artificial sweeteners, they tend to upset my stomach.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Well this is awkward...I'm most of the 12th page...

:heart:

It's amazing how much you managed to say with all those cookies in your mouth! :wink:

He's got diet soda to wash them down with! :wink:
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Only when I'm thirsty and want something fizzy and cold. I imagine it looks something like this:

tenor.gif

LOL. WHY oh WHY can't we have an LOL button on MFP?

Oh, co-cola or no no co-cola... personally I do not drink regular or diet anything. They just taste too sweet to me. But we're all adults here. Do what you want! Now coffee, I am totally addicted to that... Also I like a perfect glass of unsweetened ice tea, but it's hard to get it perfect. For me a perfect glass of ice tea is one that has absolutely no flavor, but is slightly astringent. Mmmmmm.

• WynterDreaming
    WynterDreaming Posts: 83 Member
    Yup. I completely cut out the regular soda because it was so easy for me to drink a bunch in a single day but I like my soda too much to give it up. But diet soda I find has a lot more carbonation, or at least it feels that way as it irritates my stomach. So I am slowly trying to shift away to one or two cans a day only and even then with meals.

Like another poster said, drinking diet soda makes me incredibly meh towards water so it’s a balancing act.
  • pinuplove
    kgeyser wrote: »
    I do, but I need to stop.

Why is that?

Why do you think I need to keep drinking it?

Obviously no one but you can answer that question, but FOR ME it's a zero calorie beverage that relieves the boredom of water and allows me to spend my calories on food, which is far more satisfying.
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    I do drink them... It is my slow process of quitting. I drank a lot of regular soda before starting this journey. Enough that when I lied to my doctor about how much I drank his eyes still bugged out.... :) I went from probably a 2 liter or more of regular soda to 3 cans of diet a day... Next goal is down to 2 a day :)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »

Why is that?

Obviously no one but you can answer that question, but FOR ME it's a zero calorie beverage that relieves the boredom of water and allows me to spend my calories on food, which is far more satisfying.

That's nice. I said I need to stop drinking it, I didn't say anything about you or anyone else regarding diet soda consumption. Odd that saying I need to stop putting something in my own body elicits responses from others expecting me to justify a decision that has no effect on them whatsoever, and defending their own choices, even though I didn't say anything about their choices.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »

Why is that?

That's nice. I said I need to stop drinking it, I didn't say anything about you or anyone else regarding diet soda consumption. Odd that saying I need to stop putting something in my own body elicits responses from others expecting me to justify a decision that has no effect on them whatsoever, and defending their own choices, even though I didn't say anything about their choices.

It could have been helpful. Someone else drinking it might have considered your reasoning and decided they too needed to cut down or quit.
  • pinuplove
    Ducks47 wrote: »
    Why or why not?

In other words, please share and discuss :) Honestly, I'm impressed. We're 13 pages in and still on topic.