WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2019

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I'm still alive, 4 months later ...

So VERY glad to see your beautiful face. You have been on my mind ALOT lately. Biggest big hug <3

Janetr OKC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did an hour on the rowing machine today. The plan for tomorrow is to do an advanced strength training DVD.

My neighbor is supposed to stop by here later today. They’re thinking of putting in a pool and would like to see ours.

Ginger – (((HUGS))). I know how tough this is, but you’ll come thru

We just found out that United Airlines in its infinite wisdom changed Jess’ flight. It now leaves St. Kitts and hour earlier and gets into Charlotte an hour earlier (tomorrow). I don’t think Jess got any sort of email about this change since I’m sure she would have said something

Lectored at the church last night. When I got there I found that it was a bi-lingual mass. I really don’t like bi-lingual masses, mainly because I don’t know what they’re saying part of the time. So I just left early.

Meg – I’m so sorry about your knee. Congrats on getting that charm!

Irish Terry – happy birthday! Do you have any special plans for the day other than going out Sunday?

Debbie – welcome. I, too, struggle with binging, but I find that when I do, I try to binge on healthy food. Well…a binge is a binge. But it doesn’t seem to be so bad when you binge on things like carrots. Actually, after a while that's something you'd prefer to have.

Lenora – I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how things are going. Please let us know.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,526 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.20min, 13.1amph, 130mhr, 1.60mi= 69c
    TREADMILL jog- 4.10min, 8.20min mi, 7-8sp, 127ahr, 157mhr, .5mi= 65c
    LATERAL MACHINE- 20min, lvl9, 10W, 65arpm, 146mhr, 130ahr, 2.06mi= 188c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.07min, 131mhr, 17.3amph 1.47mi= 58c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.21min, 11.8amph, 149mhr,3.01mi= 172c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.04min, 10.31min mi, 148mhr, .52mi= 71c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.05min, 8.54min mi, 151mhr, .45mi= 74c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.36min, 8.5amph,148mhr, 2.62mi= 191c

total cal 892
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Rolled down 7 steps to concrete carport - it won - 2 subdural hematomas, 4 nights 5 days in the hospital - came home go 'in home' PT and OT. On a walker that was hard to maneuver around the house; but, did it.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Catching up with everyone's posts--seems like you all have more interesting lives than I do! Has been a very long, busy week. Conference out of town for two days, work the other three. Food pantry, church service, and choir practice Thursday, church service tonight. Feels good to finally be sitting with feet up and reading posts.

I have logged every day and gotten over 10,000 steps every day for the past three and half weeks. That makes such a difference for me. Besides my body feeling better, I can eat more! I don't eat all of my exercise calories, but a decent chunk of them.

Son is coming tomorrow for Easter--will go back home Sunday (he lives about an hour away). He is going to give me more exercises to do with my hand weights.

• grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    📙Accountability post for Friday, April 19th
    ✔1. Carbs 50g max with no more than 25g per meal. (89g)
    ✔️2. Fiber 25g. (33g)
    ✔️3. Track in MFP. Complete the entry daily.
    ✖️4. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes (27 Active minutes).
    ✖️5. No eating after 9pm.
    ✖️6. In bed by midnight.

• Overall Feeling: Overwhelmed. So much I need to do.
    • Exercise: Didn't do any intentional exercise, but I was active and moving today and managed 27 active Fitbit minutes. I'm happy about that. From Jan 1st up to April 4th when I started this accountability post - I only had 6 days where I hit 30 active minutes - and 73 days with ZERO minutes. Since starting accountability - I've recorded 30+ minutes for 11 of the 16 days.
    • Eating deadline. Nope.
    • Bedtime-Sleep Hygiene. Earlier but not before midnight.
    • Bright Spot today: Watching baby goats - Mavis and Charlotte playing in the yard. So stinking cute.
    • Today I’m grateful for:
    1. My sister. She’s cleaning the lake house while she’s there.
    2. This day. Beautiful, cool and breezy.
    3. Air purifier machines. They make a difference.
    4. Thick cotton bath rugs. They can be washed and dried. No rubber backing to get destroyed.
    5. TV Ears. They allow me to relax and watch a program while Dan watches his ball game. (One living area open to the other.)

-- Ginger in Texas
  • hjgf27272
    hjgf27272 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    (I'm kind of new, just finding this post)
    Hi! I'm Brittany, 29
    First day 4/1
    SW:225
    CW:218
    GW:180
    April Goals:
    be more positive
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    Yesterday we managed a 5 km walk.

Today we got out for a 20 km bicycle ride ... despite the fact that my nose was running and I was coughing on exertion.

Distance: 20.17km
    Elevation: 89m
    Moving Time: 1:15:26
    Elapsed Time:1:20:28
    Speed: Avg: 16.0km/h | Max: 27.4km/h

Now I'm drinking orange juice and trying to relax.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    Steps to a Healthier Brain

https://synapse.org.au/information-services/steps-to-a-healthier-brain-fact-sheet.aspx

This is a list of headings (the article goes into details):
    • Exercise and challenge your brain
    • Nourish your brain with a healthy diet
    • Enjoy physical activity
    • Make "safety first" a priority
    • Manage anxiety, stress & depression
    • Relax and sleep well
    • Check your blood pressure, diabetes and cholesterol.
    • Avoid alcohol & other drugs if possible

Machka in Oz