The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    https://resources.facingaddiction.org/find-it/92630/celebrate-recovery-meeting-finder. Haven't tried a meeting yet, but plan to. Have company and will probably go this week when Sis goes home. Celebrate Recovery meetings are for people apparently with hurts to recover from, addictions etc. I was told that there is a meeting for men and women and then the women and men have their own groups afterwards. For those inclined the meetings are Christ centered.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    @RubyRed427 hugs and love!!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    @FeelinFooFoo Yes it IS a very cool wine rack, but I like your description of it as a "torture rack" When I committed to sobriety, I gave all my fridge magnets that glorified drinking, wine stoppers, signs, pics and other wine accessories to my wine-drinking friends. It was like a cleansing for me and a statement to myself that I am no longer a "wino"!! I did keep a wine cart that I bought expressly to have some shelves in the small space that I moved from and am keeping it because it is a nice piece of furniture, but I am planning on removing the rod iron wine holders and the other piece that holds wine glasses and then it will just be a useful piece. I truly think that your giving the wine holder to your Bf's father is a huge statement.

@Whitpauly "monkey mind" what a great description of those racing thoughts.

@RubyRed427 Thank you for sharing that video on addiction to negative thinking. I can SO relate to that & am very thankful that I am in the awareness phase, but it's interesting the people who it brought to mind who are not and who seem to revel in their unhappiness. Hopefully, they will have an awakening of some sort cause it is a miserable place to be. I thought he had some really interesting insights into negativity. I agree, I think he has a very calming manner. So cute him laughing at his own jokes. LOL