WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2019

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Lisa: Glad to her that you are, "home again, home again, jiggety-jig." That was one of my mom's favorite sayings and reading it on your post put a smile on my face. Two reasons, it reminded me of mom and let us all know you're okay. :heart:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    ?????
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 6.29min, 14.6amph, 150mhr, 1.57mi= 90c
    apple watch- didn't record
    ARM DIP/CHIN UP ASSIST MACHINE- 36.26min, 121ahr, 153mhr, 1st of 10ea w/45# assist, then 1st 10ea (11 diff exer) squats, bounce single leg toe touches, fast alternate leg crossovers, hamstring leglifts, all 4's elbow to knee, push-ups, planks, elbows to hands, crunches, reverse bicycles, pelvic lifts, on butt-knees to chest, repeat 5 times= 341c
    apple watch- 281c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.04min, 17.5amph, 136mhr, 1.47mi= 62c
    apple watch- 52c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.29min, 11.8amph, 141mhr,3.05mi= 135c
    apple watch- 112c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.08min, 131ahr, 148mhr, 9.52min mi.52mi= 64c
    apple watch- 59c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.21min, 9.23min mi, 151mhr, .46mi= 73c
    Apple watch- 58c
    ike ride dome 2 hm- 18.16min, 8.6amph, 149mhr, 2.60mi= 211c
    apple watch- 144c

total cal 976
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,305 Member
    Too tired to comment much but did manage to catch up on reading. Heart goes out to all struggling with health and other issues. I think it is a positive that you can at least talk about it and not keep everything stuffed inside (I tend to do that at times).

Those share successes, thank you-gives inspiration.

Those who share general life stuff, so interesting to hear (I lead a fairly boring life, so you liven things up for me vicariously).

Good night, good morning, or good afternoon wherever you are.

Ginny
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Did a 30 Minutes to Fitness DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to take the water class.

Viv – I’m still catching up, too.

Julie – wouldn’t it be great if you could search for posts from a certain person? So many times I’ve wanted to do that, it IS daunting to search all the posts just to find the one you are looking for especially if you know who made the post

I went to the extremepump class yesterday. After not having exercised for two weeks, I can feel my muscles, especially my triceps. But I know it’ll get better. The gym where I take the extremepump class is closed next Monday as is the other gym that I go to….boo Well, I’ll just have to do a DVD at home.

Beth – I am so with you. Sometimes I think HIPPA goes too far

We had rummikub tonight. During the summer when this one gal is in NC, we usually have it at their clubhouse. It just seems to be a convenient location. Tonight there were 16 people there. Adra told me and Dianne (who has been on the board for years and was hosting) that Newcomers will not be providing any supplies for activities that are held in people’s homes. Well, this is NOT in someone’s home. Adra’s answer was “well, we don’t provide them for bridge”. Well, maybe we should offer, if they choose not to accept that’s their decision. But to ask people to put dip in their hands because Newcomers won’t provide a plate is beyond ridiculous. Does this mean that when we have the pool party, Newcomers will not provide any supplies because it’s being held in someone’s home? To me, and I could be wrong, Adra has some bug up her. Perhaps she’s mad at me because I bailed out of membership. Well, I can’t work with Greg. Dianne said that she'd bring it up at a board meeting.

Lisa – breathtaking quilt

Hi Michele from another Michele. You even spell your name the same way! Most people spell it with two “l’s” Give us a location so we’re not confused. I’m Michele in NC

Rebecca – I probably would have done the exact same thing as you did by inviting that boy

Michele in NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    Hi Gals,

Tracey – thanks for looking out for those kids

Barbara coastie – love the stepping “stones”

Heather – that is just scary!!!!

Lisa – glad you got so much sleep – especially in a hotel room

Machka – so if I get this the case workers are upset with you for not encouraging your husband to break the law and drive on a suspended license?

Kim from N. California
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    Rainy day today. Knee acting up, didn't want to go to line dancing class but dragged myself out. Managed all except Dizzy, knee wouldn't support those turns.

Returned Ray's cousin's call. We exchanged sympathy and a few Ray stories. Not sure I can return his friend/caregiver's call. Enough.

Started chipping away at the laundry mountain and finally made the chicken alfredo.

Tomorrow I will drop dogs at groomers, go to T'ai Chi and the Farmers' market before picking them back up, and, if the knee holds up, take Tumble to CGC and dog group. Will try to squeeze a call into the friend who lost her husband.

Machka those RTW give the word "clueless" new depths of meaning. What did they say when you reminded them of his grand mal seizure and subsequent license suspension?
    Lisa WOW that quilt! WOW! "drove through the storm" The one I saw on the weather channel this morning? Omigosh! Glad you made it!
    Lanette it was yummy, used a whole ounce of peccorino romano, threw in some cremini mushrooms and ate every bite! Managed to keep under calories (thanks to activity) but just barely ;)
    Welcome micheleonfire!
    Betsy State Supreme Court? What a nightmare!
    Heather I'm with you. The store should remove that cheese from the shelves until the analysis is complete and the labels are redone.
    Margaret what did you paint yesterday?
    pip you are both da bomb and I can see tiny hornlets :devil: tilting those halos
    NYKaren fingers Xd for your peonies, let us see pics when they bloom?
    Rebecca sorry you stepped into it with son and hubs. I too learned the hard way not to make commitments that include Joe without consulting him first ;}
    Connie "going to bond at the gym this summer" Brava!
    Vicki "...just want the sun to shine" ditto, ditto DITTO!
    Michele I'll be interested in hearing how quickly your body bounces back after two weeks of no exercise.

Well the knee rub hasn't worked well enough, time for an aspirin and bed.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    walk one more step 11/31, 60 g protein 15/31, rx/vits 15/31, meditate 1/31, knee exercises 5/31, SWSY 0/9, play with Tumble 7/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 13/31.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for May "pause" Thank you Barbie!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    edited May 2019
    Machka - I can't believe how inept the RTW people are at keeping up with the progress of your husband and any setbacks. I imagine that you had sent that information to them and they just failed to read it.
    Tracey in Edmonton
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Machka - I would have totally blown my cool by now with the RTW gal. That deal about your DH not driving yet - how many times do they have to be told he's on restriction because of the seizure? They can't seem to get past checking the box. Are you sure this gal is human or a computer that is stuck and has to keep rebooting, lol.
    Lanette
    Cool and rainy SW WA State

My husband told the main RTW girl when we were waiting for one of his Dr appointments. The Dr told the main RTW girl when we were in the Dr appointment. It is on my husband's Seizure Management Plan ... which they went through and wanted to adjust one section so that it was all about them.

It's also "common knowledge" ... he's not the one and only person in the world who needs to be seizure-free for 6 months before he can drive. That or some variation of that is the law in many countries.

GodMomKim wrote: »
    Machka – so if I get this the case workers are upset with you for not encouraging your husband to break the law and drive on a suspended license?
    Kim from N. California

Short answer: Yep! That's how it came across to me!!

Long answer:

This RTW girl and I were going back and forth on one point that they wanted included on the Seizure Management Plan.

"My husband to inform the RTW people if his stress and fatigue levels increase,
    impacting his ability to perform work and daily tasks. The RTW people and my husband to then
    implement a plan to over-come the stress and fatigue to allow my husband to re-engage with
    work and home tasks."

I didn't want that on the Plan ... and indeed, it's not there. :) First, it's not general enough. But I objected to three points:

-- RTW people getting involved in our daily lives. They are RT Work people. I don't want them telling us what we can and cannot do outside of a work environment. My husband makes lists and plans most of his days himself. But if my husband feels really fatigued one afternoon and can't weed the potatoes or trim the hedge or do laundry or whatever he had planned, they don't need to be involved.

-- to the idea that my husband would have to contact the RTW people every time his stress and fatigue levels increase. His stress and fatigue levels increase just about every day ... that's how brain injury is. Do they want us to contact them every day?

-- to the idea that the RTW people would create a plan for him when we already have a plan that works well.

The RTW girl was very vague on the first two points. She gets like that when she doesn't really want to answer me. But then we had a discussion about the last point.

Me: My husband and I have plans to overcome most stress and fatigue issues and have been using them regularly and reasonably successfully since leaving the hospital in July 2018.
    Her: These strategies were noted by the assessor and are excellent, the assessor noted that my husband is definitely on the right track. The only thing to consider moving forward is how to gradually tapper these strategies off, to continue to improve his independence.

Those strategies were things like using a calendar with our daily activities, using a medication organiser, referring to bus schedules when we have to go somewhere, and having a page on the fridge with a list of emergency numbers.

Apparently I'm to stop using those things ... "gradually tapper these strategies off". :neutral:

Then she went into the idea that if my husband is going to resume a full-time job soon, then in the near future he's going to have to be able to identify and deal with his own stress and fatigue independently without my input.

I commented that because it's not likely he will resume a full-time job any time soon ... we can't rush his recovery ... everything is moving gradually. He's pretty good at identifying and dealing with his own stress and fatigue (probably at about 75% now), and may continue to gradually get better at it. But with brain injury you can't demand that a person suddenly gain awareness.

And then, there it was ...

"He is certainly independent in most areas, however, there are a few areas such as driving that he is not doing at the level he was prior to his injury. We will continue to do our best to help him achieve his goals and gradually return to work."

So ......... because I'm not letting him drive on a suspended licence (oh evil me!), they are going to take over and help him achieve that goal? ????????????

I'm still floored that is the one thing they could come up with. It does make me wonder what else they've got in mind.

He's also not cycling 300 km in one go like we were before the accident. Do they want to take that over as well?

Just makes me shake my head!!!

auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka those RTW give the word "clueless" new depths of meaning. What did they say when you reminded them of his grand mal seizure and subsequent license suspension?

They haven't responded back. Like I mentioned, they get very vague or non-responsive when I've made a good point about something.

I guess I made a good point! :lol: Oh yeah, that's right ... he's not allowed to drive ... !!

Machka in Oz

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    trucker743 wrote: »

I’m getting more inspired by my results to include more exercise, even though part of me hates the idea. I know that what I do NOW changes my future more dramatically than most outside influences can.

Sharon Near Seattle

and Barbara wrote Rainy day today. Knee acting up, didn't want to go to line dancing class but dragged myself out.

Both quotes are going to motivate me to go to gym or get moving outside today! I gave up yesterday, a most beautiful day with no pending events, there were no excuses; I putzed out yesterday and I am not happy with myself. SO no more excuses, just do it.

NYKAREN

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    morning ladies~
    I am up and having my tea.. my voice is horse from all the pollen floating around yuck...
    today I have off from work,, and its supposed to be nice. I will be down with my DFIL breakfast lunch and dinner and in between I really need to pick up here. its a bloomin mess
    not much exciting going on with me right now.. work is busy .. Mary and I have a handle on things and are doing ok..
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    ✔️ 1. weighed in: 58
    partly 2. tracked yesterday
    ✔️3.30 min exercise yesterday
    x 4. five minutes meditation yesterday
    ✔️ [/b5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project yesterday
    ✔️6.produce at least 7-finished pages per day average long term today
    x[/b7. Take care of at least one shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count)
    ✔️8. At least 15 min cleaning yesterday
    ? 9. At least 15 min filing/paperwork yesterday
    ? 10.average 1100 calories net yesterday

• Overall Feeling : stressed about 2 big things
    • Tracking yesterday : only partly
    • Exercise today : not yet
    • 1100 calories net average yesterday : didn't track all
    • Long term writing 2h today : yes in early morning
    • produce at least 7-finished pages per day average long term project yesterday(from May 22-25) to May19 ) yesterday : no, sent 3 pages to corrector today, have another 8 from yesterday unfinished
    • Short term writing/admin :prepared a registered letter to send yesterday
    • Bright Spots : found good solution with lawyer (long story) -big relief

Grateful :
    1. pretty good night's sleep
    2.interesting conference yesterday evening
    3.SV
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Barbara LOL about the intern's sermon. did you ever figure out if it was a bear or a cat print? kudos to you for writing personal messages to all of us, and with umph!

very slow in way to start today.

in fact between 6 am and 8pm I was in bed on computer editing and have been dealing with mails online since (from bed!)

It's weird because In fact I've been working all morning but since from bed, feel like I haven't at all. (though I'm not rested either).

I feel medium, and...behind, behind...
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Ah, Heather, I'm sorry that the end is near for your friend. She was loved mightily, it's obvious by what you've said of her, and the people who've gathered to usher her through her transition, both near and far.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Heather - Hugs to you!

Okie
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Heather- what a beautiful friendship you shared ..and that she was able to pick where she wanted to be.. I hope she makes a peaceful and beautiful transition. Xoxoxox