Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,507 Member
    Hi Ladies, today's workout was yoga basics.

Laurie, nice workouts and a great workout plan for your vacation at the end of June!
    I hope this rheumatologist is able to help me next week. I am happy that at least I can do yoga and Barre. I'd forgotten Irises came in different colors! Sorry, the wind killed your irises.

Erika, glad the bathroom remodels are going so well! Great idea to hire a painter. It will be worth it!

I am definitely having the GI doctor test me for Celiac disease.

Laurel, fabulous workouts! Sorry, the shower door guy was a no show. Nice of him to let you know though.
    The hand swelling really stinks. My hands were better most of the day today but tonight my left-hand finders were pretty swollen.
    I can't wait to go back to that little town so we can check out the Drug & Gun store. I'm sure you have stores like that in AL.
    Sounds like you will have plenty of tomatoes for sauce and salsa! You will have a hard time going back to store-bought tomatoes for sure!

Tami, great workouts! OMG, that tourney under those weather conditions sounds awful! That was a long day too! I hope you had a great ride with your friend Ashley.

Thanks so much for those good wishes for my health to improve. I'm glad I have yoga and Barre. I can't wait to see the doctors next week!

Have a great day ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,413 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was RAW Cardio Crush and Body Revolution Workout 2, great combo.

Erika, Glad to hear that your bathroom projects are moving along well. Great idea to put in a fan for the stove, I don't know what I would do without mine. Sounds like the puppy is keeping you busy also. Kelly has about 68 workouts on her channel, and the price is really reasonable at $6.99/month. She is filming her new workouts on the 15th and then her pre-sale will be starting on the 17th. She has some generic rotations for RAW on her web page. I think that we have had rain every day, it sure makes mowing the lawn hard. I'm really glad that we don't have those gnats. I remember them from living up north, you could never wear anything yellow or you would get attacked. :D

Laurel, Nice combination of workouts. I think the variety of the live type workouts is something that I'm enjoying the most. Kelly now has enough RAW workouts that I can do a different one every day of the month, and that is what I'm planning on trying. You know me, if I didn't have a plan for the upcoming vacation, then I probably wouldn't do anything. I think I will need the release on this trip, since this is DH's first national car show being the chief judge for our club. I will be helping him as much as I can. The one nice thing is we are in a suite, so plenty of space. One of the perks. ;) I really have been enjoying this type of format for my workouts, it may grow on me.

Tami, Great job on all the workouts! The cold and wet for the golfing sound not fun. The only time that I have ever been through an all day event with rain was during track season. That is so uncomfortable when your feet are wet and cold. Nice that you had a change of clothing, that had to help some. I hope that we start having some days with just sunshine all day. We have been in this rain everyday, and it is getting old. I hope that you have a great day with your friend on the bike ride. This time with no rain. ;) I'm sure that you will find some of those Step Boss workouts that are perfect for you, and you are right it is worth purchasing all of them at that price.

Thelma, Another great yoga workout! Even though this is a car show event for our vacation, I'm really looking forward to it. I'm hoping that we don't encounter to much weather on our trip out. We are not driving or hauling DH's classic car this year, just taking my Santa Fe. It will be a more comfortable ride for both of us. Of course hauling to Kansas would be way better than hauling the car through the mountains like last year.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,771 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with Cathe Live Toasted Tri-Sets Upper Body. Then, for cardio, I did Cathe Live Step On It.

Tami, great workouts! I am sorry to hear the weather at the golf tournament was so bad though. It is no fun spending that much time cold! But I am glad to hear your weather is improving. While I am still following the format and theme of our rotation, this week has thrown me off a bit. But I plan to get back to the ‘scheduled’ workouts next week. I am looking forward to those Bootcamp workouts next week. :)

Thelma, glad you are still enjoying the yoga. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Laurie, great workout! I am with you on enjoying the variety. Both workouts I did today are ones I think I have tried.....but only once. I like that I need to concentrate more and focus on what I am doing some days with ‘new’ workouts. Other days I want to coast through mentally.....and those are my DVD days. I love having both options PLUS all the different workout types. It really helps to get me through my ever-increasing ‘I don’t want to workout!’ days. B) I am wondering if this type of ‘themed’ weeks rotation will become my norm only broken up when I want to do a longer, heavy weight rotation. Right now, that idea appeals to me. But, of course, that could change tomorrow. :D

Fingers crossed for a fixed shower door today! See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ We had such a great ride last night. We did the 20 mile ride out around the lake and hillside. Perfect weather and lots of fun. This a.m. was KCM Lift 2B Fit and tonight I might get in a Peloton ride or give myself a little rest and enjoy the evening not racing around getting dinner ready and clean up just in time for bed.

Thelma: Way to go with your Yoga again! Thank you for the well wishes on my bike ride …. It was fabulous! Not very far, but such a beautiful night.

Laurie: Sounds like another great RAW Workout! Glad it was a good combo. Always love when I can put a couple together that just flow perfectly. How nice will that be having a big suite on your trip for your workouts! YAY. Thank you for the encouragement on Step Boss.

Laurel: Toasted Tri-Sets sounds like something I would LOVE. Way to go, along with the added on cardio of course. Me too on the BootCamp workouts, those will be a lot of fun. I hope your shower door was fixed today! Fingers and toes crossed for you.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, today's workouts were gentle yoga and sculpting fusion. I can't wait to see the rheumatologist next week. When I was first diagnosed with Lupus and I was so stiff I was given steroids for a short period of time in order to improve my quality of life ASAP. I hope that will be the case this time too. My life improved with the first dose!

Laurie, nice workouts! I bet the car show will be a lot of fun. I'm sure you're relieved not to be dragging the classic car with you! Hopefully, the weather will be perfect! I got notified yesterday that a neighboring town has a classic car show the 3rd weekend of every month. We should go check it out!

Laurel, great workouts today! I hope your shower door was installed!

Tami, fabulous workouts! I'm so glad you had a great ride with your friend around the lake!

Hi Erika!
    Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with Cathe Live Oh My Glutes, which truly is one of my favorite of all of Cathe’s leg workouts, whether Live or DVD. So tough but just flies by. For cardio, I started with Cathe Live Hearts on Fire, then did the Calorie Crush, Six Pack Abs and Extended Stretch from LITE Rev’d Up Rumble. Good stuff. And even better stuff is we now have a shower door! Never thought I would ever be so excited to see a shower door. B)

Tami, sounds like a great evening with your BFF. Glad your weather was perfect for it after your last attempted ride and the rain. No doubt you would love that Tri-Sets workout. She takes virtually no breaks between sets at all in that workout making it really tough!

Thelma, sounds like another good yoga session. I hope they give you something that helps you feel better next week. I have only been on steroids once (to combat an allergic reaction) but found them to be a pretty powerful little drug. Sounds like that could be what you need to combat whatever it is your body is going through right now. Fingers crossed for some good answers next week.

Laurie, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I had a better day today! I remembered that when I had my first lupus flareup I kept doing gentle cardio to help with the stiffness. I forced myself to move and it helped with the stiffness and swelling. In the process though I gave myself another plantar fasciitis flareup. I can't win! At least my fingers didn't swell up! No matter how fatigued I feel, I have to keep moving.
    My workouts today were Jessica Smith low impact power walking, Barre, and Jessica Smith Zumba.
    I finally got my car registered and got my GA tag!

Laurel, awesome workout combo!!! Yaay on the shower door!
    I hope I get some meds to help me next week too. I had to take steroids for a couple of months back in 2010. They are very powerful for sure!

Hi Tami, Laurie, and Erika!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies! I can't believe Friday is here already!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited June 2019
    Morning Ladies,

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday, but I took the day off of work to take a quilting class. Had a great time, and learned a lot. I have attached a picture. This is not complete, and I think that I want to change the house to a 50's era camper. I cut everything on this free cutting. I'm fairly impressed that I made something that looked good. 66pm2t88ynw5.jpg

I did manage to get my workout in on Thursday, and I did RAW 888. This morning was RAW Interval Training #1.

Laurel, Great job with all the workouts! You have to love a leg workout that has Love in it. :D Have to say that I really like having the ipad, because my DVD player has been acting up lately. Seems like most of the DVD's that I put in start to pixel. I hear you on changing your mind during a rotation, it is funny how one little thing can make me go, dang I don't want to do this. So far I'm enjoying the variety of the RAW, so I'm sticking with it. Dropped out of the Body Revolution. Do you know of some really short upper/lower weight workouts that Cathe has. I'm talking 15-10 min., and not single body parts. I know that Kelly has some on her Body Design workout, but I don't think that I can do those all summer. I would be taking out either the warm up or cool down on those. I figured that you would remember something, or point me in the right direction.

Tami, Nice workout! Your bike ride sounds a lot better than your last one. ;) The evening you had planned really does sound good, and I hope that you enjoyed either option. I'm actually looking forward to this vacation, despite the fact that it will be an indoor meet. Apparently the weather in Kansas can be pretty brutal, so they have to have these things indoors.

Thelma, I'm glad to hear that you where able to do a couple of workouts with Jessica. She is such a great instructor, and really does keep it low impact. Good job on your yoga also. Nice the you where finally able to get your car registered. Glad that the cardio gave you some relief, but dang with the added problem with the pf. I really do enjoy car shows, and of course the people. My DH can talk and talk at these events, so I end up getting a lot of crafting projects done.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! For my upper body high rep workout today, I did Cathe Live Upper Body and Core Crush. For cardio, I did a really fun combo of Cathe Live IMAX Live into the LITE Cardio Party Calorie Crush. I followed it up with LITE Extended Stretch 2. It has felt good to do a little extra stretching these last two days, that’s for sure.

Thelma, glad to hear the workouts with Jessica helped you feel better. She has some wonderful body movement workouts that are so good at getting your body going without any impact or pain. I am sorry about the PF though. Mine has being talking to me too this past week, but I think that is the transition to summer shoes which aren’t so good on my feet. But it doesn’t seem to be getting worse, which is good.

Laurie, great job with the quilt!! I tried quilting once and thought I would love it. Sadly it just wasn’t for me, but I think that’s because I lack creativity. I’m great with a pattern, but when I have to come up with a plan..... :o . Love your idea about making the house an old-style camper. Cathe doesn’t have too many workouts in the 10-15 minute range, that’s for sure. She does have a lot of options like that in her Live workouts because she does so many blended workouts Live, but I also know that’s not really an option for you. As far as DVD, she has a couple that are shorter, but only one that I found that was less than 15 minutes.....and that is the lower body only premix from her workout High Step Training. The upper body only premix is slightly longer, but still under 20 minutes. Do you have her beginner DVD of Basic Step and Body Fusion? She has both upper and lower body workouts on that DVD which are 20 minutes long. For upper body, I think the upper body work in Body Max 2 is about 20 minutes, but that is without a warm-up. Muscle Max lower body premix is right around 20 minutes I believe, and I think the LIHI Leg Strength only premix is not far off that. But if you don’t have 20 minutes, those won’t work. Sorry I can’t help more! Great workouts, btw!

Tami and Erika, hope you are well.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

We had a really nice weekend, but the weather wasn't that great. We still have temps in the 50's. :/ I didn't workout on Saturday. Sunday was RAW Weights #1 and FitSplit Boxing/Cardio Kickboxing Timesaver Premix. This morning was RAW Cardio Drills & Barbell.

Laurel, Love your combination of workouts on Friday, and getting in some stretching. I'm finding my love for sewing again. I think the faire really took the love for that craft away from me for a while. Can't believe that it has taken so long for me to want to sew again. My Mom also informed me that she doesn't want to make quilts for the grandchildren anymore. Probably her eyesight. It will have to be either myself or my oldest sister that takes up the making of them. Of course I'm taking classes so that I am way better at it than I was before. I looked at some of the quilts that they had hanging on the walls of the classroom, and it inspired me. Thanks for all the information on the workouts. I do have that Basic Step & Body Fusion workout, and I took a look at the back of it. I'm guessing that if I upped the weights to something worth while, it would probably be a good short workout to add onto some of my others. I'm still wanting to do these RAW workouts, but wanted to add in some other weight options. Oh Muscle Max is such a great workout, I will have to look at that one also. If I get up a little earlier in the morning, I could probably add on a longer workout. We will have to see how it goes.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was warm but nice. Saturday we golfed on a course in a neighboring town, which was fun. Yesterday was chores around the house, which wasn’t as much fun. ;) For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith HiiT Strength Pilates Yoga mash-up. It was 69 minutes long but flew by. I really enjoyed the blend and nothing about it was too tough. Yesterday was another fun blend of ICE Bootcamp with the Blizzard Blast into Cathe Live ICY Lower and Upper Body Blasts. The latter was formatted like the ICE Bootcamp workout but didn’t use a step and didn’t do a core segment per round. Today’s workout was Cathe Live Lower Body Bootcamp followed by XTrain Ride.

Laurie, glad you had a nice weekend despite the chilly weather. Bet you are ready for summer to get there. :o The humidity kicked in yesterday giving us a taste for what summer will be like, but that it is the middle of June and it is just getting here in force tells me the Alabama summer has nothing on the Florida summers! I am enjoying the heat so far. Great workouts! Hope some of those recommendations helped. I have not done those workouts on the Body Fusion DVD so if you do them, please share how they are. That is one (of two) DVDs of Cathe’s I didn’t have but picked up at the Road Trip. I am glad you are enjoying sewing again. My passion for my hobbies really cycles now....much more than it did when I was younger. I am always happy when I get back an interest in a hobby that I thought might be lost to me forever.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited June 2019
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I’ve been MIA … just busy at work. About the time I think I will get on here to send you all a message and a new task was handed to me. So that is good news for me. Today is just me back in our Dept. with the other Title Officers, my co-worker is out sick today, so it is nice and steady. Workouts since I checked in last: Thurs: Pyramid Pump Upper, Friday was just a REST day for me and then Sat I did a Peloton ride and yesterday was ICE BootCamp + Peloton ride. This a.m. I did not get up (my usual on Monday a.m. ~ it’s clearly just become my Monday a.m. thing …. ☹) and no workout tonight due to a meeting for work and then Graduation party for a friend of DH’s granddaughter. So a busy evening from one thing to the other.

Thelma: Way to keep moving and do what you can do! I am so glad the Yoga/Barre training is keeping your going. I hope your PF doesn’t come back full force. Your poor body just wants a relief right now I am sure.

Laurel: Fabulous combos as always that you are putting together …. Sounds like you are thoroughly enjoying those LIVE classes!! Nice job also with “our” ICE BootCamp we did together. You added on a lot more than me however. I do always have the desire to jump on the Peloton after my weekend workouts forsure since I have more time. Anytime I can I love riding that bike so much.

Laurie: Such a beautiful quilt! Way to go. Excellent job getting in your workout yesterday and again this a.m. Those RAW workouts continue to be great for you, so awesome! That’s too bad about your mom not wanting to make the quilts for the grand kids. My MIL has always been an amazing quilter her whole life and just didn’t have time when she worked full time and when she retired she thought that is what she would be doing a lot of ……. Well her eyesight is so bad and going blind (very slowly) in one eye so she doesn’t hardly ever do it anymore. It is great you will be learning so you can make those for them. Dang it on your colder temps. We had a beautiful weekend but it is supposed to cool back down to the 70’s later this week. Bernie and DH will be happy, neither of them have enjoyed the 80’s. I have decided that sunshine and no smoke is my “wish” for the summer weather. LOL

Have a great afternoon/evening ladies! Talk to you tomorrow. :)
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies,

Well, good news is the bathroom remodels are done. Bad news, we have shower doors that out of code (only provide a 14" opening to get into/out of the shower and code is 22") and we found out we have to come up with a different plan as they can't get shower doors in the opening that meets code. We also have a leak from somewhere that has left a spot on the family room ceiling below our master bath. Hopefully both are a relatively easy fix, but worst case could be a bit of demo and re-do of the shower area. We should know more this week.

I took most of the week last week off of workouts...I was so stressed from the remodel, catching up from time off, and just pure exhausted. I picked workouts back up on Saturday, and today was ICE Sweat...that one gets me everytime!

Laurie, I love the quilt. I was gifted a sewing machine from my grandma when she passed and she was a huge quilter. I hope to get to a class someday when the boys are older and I've got time for hobbies! You are so very lucky you don't have gnats there...they are crazy here! Great job on the workouts and the extra info on RAW. I'm trying to decide if I want Cathe Live, RAW or maybe both.

Tami, I'm glad work is keeping you busy, and thus the work days go fast! I love the sound of your Peloton rides! Sounds like you are getting a lot of use out of it!!

Laurel, yay on the shower door! I bet that feels good to have that piece finished up and now just the smaller "fixes" and you should be all set. Loving the LIVE workout...I think I've done the Oh My workouts and loved them!

Thelma, bummer that one thing is doing better and then the other kicks in. I bet none of them are fun, but hopefully the visit to the doctor this week can get the stiffness and swelling under control. At least relief from one item would be so nice, I bet! Great job getting some movement in, I know that always makes me feel better even if it's just a little.

Have a great evening. I'm hoping to get on later this week after my hubby is home from his business trip as I'll have a couple busy days while he's gone.

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, a quick hello just to let you know I'm alive. Today's workouts were gentle yoga and Barre.
    I saw the GI doctor today and I have to go tomorrow for a celiac panel. I also have to go for an endoscopy on 7/1. I can't wait to go see the rheumatologist on Wednesday. I got pretty stiff today and it just brought me to tears. today I needed help from DH.

Laurie, love the quilt! You're so talented!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was RAW Hi-Low Cardio. This workout was instructed by Kelly's niece Tatum, and she did a great job with the workout. Going out tonight with DH's family to celebrate my MIL's birthday. She turned 94 yesterday.

Laurel, Glad to hear that you had a nice weekend of golfing and warm temps. Love the workout combos. We are still having to wear jackets in the mornings around here, but at the end of the day it is fairly nice. Just wish that I had more time in the evenings to enjoy it without getting eaten by mosquitoes. I sure can tell the difference when the humidity is around, we had fog this morning. Sure did sweat a lot. I will let you know how that workout goes with heavier weights, I will probably try them out after our vacation. Will have some time off for the 4th, so I can do some longer workouts. Of course a lot of that time will be spent in the garden. With this weather, we have not had the chance to lay down mulch. We also plan to extend our patio a little, because we purchased a swing.

Tami, Great job on the workouts! LOL about the Monday mornings, they can be brutal. I think it is because we try to get so much into our weekends. The RAW workouts are really a lot of fun, and since my DVD player is acting up, it has been the best option for me right now. Thanks on kudos for the quilt. That is one thing that scares me a little about my grandmother having macular degeneration, just hoping that I don't lose my eyesight. My sewing machine is a Kenmore that I purchased when I was 18 years old. When we brought it in to get repaired, the repair guy said to never get rid of it. Apparently the new models are all built of plastic, where mine is metal. Who would have thought that ordering a sewing machine from the Sears catalog would be such a good choice. :D I love that you want a summer with no smoke and sunshine. With all the rain that you got, I sure hope that is something that will not happen.

Erika, I'm sorry to hear about the problems with the remodel. I'm sure that is really frustrating. Great job on your workouts, hope you enjoy the rotation. If you plan on going to classes, look at your local tech school. They have night courses for quilting, at least they do around here. The other option is to look at quilting stores that have classes. The tech course is the best, because you have a full semester for learning. The one day quilting classes do not give you enough time to really apply the techniques without help. I don't think that you can go wrong with either RAW or Cathe Live as an option. They are both really good. ;)

Thelma, Awesome job on your yoga/barre workout. I'm really glad to hear that you are finally at the point of getting some relief. I'm sure that you are ready to be back to normal. Thanks for the kudos also.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was another fun bootcamp combo. I started with Strong and Sweaty Bootcamp, which is still my favorite of Cathe’s DVD Bootcamp workouts, and then went into Cathe Live Body Blast Bootcamp. This latter workout was loosely based on the S&S workout, but all of the strength moves were compound moves which brought the cardio factor up a notch. Very good stuff!

Tami, glad to hear you are staying busy at work. Great workouts!! My schedule has been so disrupted this past month that yesterday’s spin workout was the first one I had done in weeks. :o And it felt SO good! So I completely understand why you add on your Peloton workouts when you get a chance. Hope your wish for your summer weather comes true. After the past few years, a break from the fires is much needed.....no doubt.

Erika, I am glad the bathroom work is almost completed, but dang on the shower and leak issues. Hopefully, as you said, they are relatively easy fixes. Good job getting back to ICE workouts. I don’t think you could go wrong with either RAW or Cathe Live.....or both!! :D

Thelma, thanks for checking in. Glad you were able to see the doctor on Monday and hopefully you get some answers on your tummy issues. I really hope you get some answers tomorrow as well. Fingers crossed they can easily address the swelling and pain.

Laurie, sounds like another good workout. Hope you have a wonderful time celebrating your MIL’s 94th! Like you, the humidity has brought fog, mosquitoes....and lots of perspiration. :# When I got off my spin cycle yesterday, there was nothing dry on me....or around me. My workout towel and my clothes went straight into the washer! :D It is SO true that they don’t make things like your sewing machine anymore. I would definitely hold on to that one. Seeing as I have had repair people have to work on nearly all my new appliances I have purchased in the last five years (a microwave, two refrigerators, a dishwasher, a washing machine.....), I can fully attest to the fact that new does not equal better. :s Anyhow, love the sound of your new patio plans! Bet that swing will be nice on summer evenings.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Very long day yesterday but I was happy the meeting at Planning and Zoning didn’t go as long as the one a couple weeks ago. I headed home around 6:30 and DH had to go out with the clients afterwards. Today’s workout: S&S BootCamp! Such a fun one. I agree with Laurel on it being one of my favorite BootCamp’s of Cathe’s. Might get in a Peloton ride tonight after work. YAY.

Thelma: So glad the doctors appts are beginning and fingers crossed you can feel better very soon! Way to continue doing what you can do and taking care of yourself.

Laurie: Excellent job with your RAW Hi-Low Cardio. Enjoy your time with the in-laws tonight. WOW, 94 ~ that is something to celebrate forsure. Thank you so much for the kudos on my workouts! Love the encouragement always. Nice summer goal/wish isn’t it!?! LOL No smoke and sunshine. Maybe I shouldn’t push it. Just no smoke will be great!

Laurel: Another fabulous combo! Once again same BootCamp workout! As I said above, I agree it is one of the my favorite workouts she has for BC. That add-on sounds perfect. Way to go. Excellent job with your spin workout. I am glad you can relate to that feeling!

Have a great evening ladies!
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, today's workout was a JS low impact workout. I went to get tested for celiac today. I hope to find out the results tomorrow or Thursday. In the meantime, I have to follow a FODMAP diet. Pretty much no fruits that I love, no avocadoes, beans, dairy and have to go gluten-free. I bought gluten-free bread that is very good and you wouldn't know it's gluten-free. I also found oat milk that tastes like cow's milk!
    The GI doctor prescribed a new anti-acid med to be taken once a day but my insurance wouldn't approve it until the doctor justified the need for the med. I didn't get a call from the pharmacy so I doubt this has happened yet.

We've had serious rain and thunder since yesterday afternoon. We do need the rain so I'm not complaining.

Laurie, great workouts!!! How nice that Kelly allowed her niece to teach a class! I hope you guys had a great time celebrating your MIL's bday! Bless her heart!

I can't believe that you're still having to wear jackets in the mornings! Thank God we haven't had to deal with mosquitoes yet! There is always a breeze around here so maybe that is why.
    I can't wait to feel normal again!

Erika, I'm sorry about the leak and the shower doors! I hope they are easy fixes! I have to keep moving because if I don't I get stiff.

Laurel, fabulous workout combos! Thanks so much for keeping your fingers crossed so that the doctors can address my health issues!

Tami, great job with your workouts! Glad work continues to keep you busy! Thanks so much for keeping your fingers crossed so that my health improves!

Good night ladies!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was RAW Strength Back & Front. We had a really nice time with the family last night, sure is a bit different dynamic with my not having my FIL around. I think it was the first time that my MIL could talk about him without starting to cry. <3 My BIL & SIL took her to the cemetery yesterday too.

Laurel, Great job on the bootcamp workouts! Nice that you really enjoy that one, I have mixed emotions with that workout. I should probably attempt it without the step once, and that would probably make me love it like both you and Tami do. I can believe that the workouts you did made you sweat buckets. For sure I'm keeping my sewing machine, it has been a great machine for me. I hope that we can use the new swing, it was raining again this morning. Hope that it clears up some before I get out of work.

Tami, Great workout, and I hope that you where able to get on your Peloton after work. Glad to hear that the meeting didn't go long, those can be so draining. We will probably be celebrating every year. This is the first time I heard her say she will live to 100. :D Usually she is predicting that she will not make it to see her other two granddaughters get married. I like the thought of no smoke summer, that is a good one.

Thelma, Very nice workout. So glad to hear that you are getting the support that you need to start feeling better. I hope that you hear soon about the new prescription. Yep the jackets are still on, and the umbrellas are getting moldy from all the rain. :D Not really about the mold, but it did sound funny. We do need to carry the umbrellas around with us all the time. I would thing that the breeze that you have is keeping those pest away, and that is wonderful. Will you be able to add in foods as you progress through this new diet? I'm guessing that you are trying to find "trigger" foods?

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with Cathe Live Bootcamp Upper Body, which is one of my favorites. And since I enjoyed my spin ride so much on Monday, I decided to go for another ride today with Cathe Live Hit The Road. Felt fantastic!

Tami, sounds like you are enjoying these bootcamp workouts too! This has been a fun week for me so far with the workouts. I usually don’t mesh with bootcamp workouts, but for whatever reason, they are working for me right now.

Thelma, hope you get some results from the celiac test soon. I haven’t tried too much gluten-free bread, but I am addicted to GF crackers. I bought some on a BOGO offer in Publix when we were living in Florida and have eaten them ever since. I just like the consistency and flavor better. I bet your breeze helps with the mosquitoes. We usually have a breeze on our hill too which keeps them down a bit. But I have to be smarter and out on bug spray before we golf. :o That is where I get bitten. Enjoy the rain! We finally got some last night and, hopefully, will get more the next two days. We aren’t as dry as we were a few weeks ago, but the moisture is still very welcome right now.

Laurie, great workout! I am glad you had a good time with your MIL and she is talking so positively about making it to 100! I imagine it was difficult for her without your FIL, but I am glad she is looking forward as well. I have been doing quite a few step workouts the past few weeks for a simple reason.....I want to train myself with being okay not doing everything like Cathe does in her step workouts. :D In other words, I need to be okay not doing all those double-legged jumps on and off the step! I have found myself avoiding some really good workouts (like ICE Bootcamp, To The Max, etc) because of my discomfort with certain moves on the step (or, more accurately, my fear of injury doing certain moves on the step). I knew when Cathe announced the Step Boss series at the Road Trip that I wanted it....but I also needed to figure out how to be perfectly content modifying the heck out of it, :p And I have really been enjoying these previously-avoided workouts again. So maybe a revisit and eliminating the step on some workouts would work the same for you.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel