Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Whose setting up next month? The folks down under are a day ahead...

And @haydenbaird7156 come join us. You’re awesome, we’re awesome. Let’s run together! Well I’m not running... but I’ll “watch” you all knock it out! 😛

I will get up and go walk though. In a minute. Just lemme.... get motivated.

LOL was just wondering when this would be sorted...

Yay!@avidkeo! You start it? 😉

Oookkk hows this? https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10752061/july-2019-monthly-running-challenge/p1?new=1
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »

Those who have more than one pair, how do you rotate them? Alternate? One pair for long distances? What ever you feel like? What's dryest?

I have one pair of trail shoes, one pair of spikes for cross country, and 3 pair of Saucony Kinvaras for general road running. Normally, I rotate by day; 3 pair of shoes and running 5 days a week spreads the mileage out more or less evenly. But I also try to keep them 100 miles apart in volume, so I can easily tell when the oldest pair is shot. Last pair got retired early, so now my 2 newest pair are closer together in total mileage than I like. So I'm ad hoc putting the newest pair on light days, and deliberately using the other 2 pair for more miles. This has happened before, and I'm confident I can stretch out the difference over time.

It's more of an art than a science.
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Well, I am late to the game this month.

The last two months, I've been able to get 110 miles, so I'd like to set my first goal to 110 miles and my stretch goal at 120 miles. Marathon training is in full swing; I gotta get on the ball.

June 1 - 6 miles
    June 2 - 10 miles
    June 4 - 3 miles

19 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 91miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 101 miles

June 5 - 3 miles of speed work

22 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 88 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 98 miles

June 6 - 7 miles after work to help clear my head

29 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 81 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 91 miles

June 8 - 3.1 miles (5K with hubby, he got a new PR)
    June 9 - 14 miles

46.1 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 63.9 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 73.9 miles

June 11 - 4 miles
    June 12 - 6.2 miles

56.3 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 53.7 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 63.7 miles

March 14 - 7.11 miles

63.41 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 46.59 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 56.59 miles

Oh my...I think I'm overly tired. March 14 should be June 14.

June 15 - 6.14 miles
    June 16 - 8.15 miles

77.7 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 32.30 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 42.30 miles

June 18 - 6.32 miles

84.02 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 25.98 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 35.98 miles

June 19 - 6 track miles (I hate the indoor track sometimes, but gotta do what you gotta do).

90.02 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 19.98 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 29.98 miles

June 20 - 3.14 miles
    June 21 - Rest Day
    June 22 - 4.12 miles

97.28 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 12.72 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 22.72 miles

June 23 - 10 miles

107.28 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 2.72 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 12.72 miles

June 25 - 4 miles
    June 26 - 3.19 miles

114.47 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - Check :smile:
    Miles until Goal #2 - 5.53 miles

June 28 - 4 miles

118.47 miles for June

1.53 miles until goal #2 of 120 miles for June.

6/29 - 16 miles! This was hot, sticky, and gross. But, I never gave up and kept moving forward.

134.47 miles for June.

That means I've met both goals. Now I'm trying to decide if I go for it, run 5.53 tomorrow and make it an even 140. What does MFP say?

Depends on how you feel and what the weather is like.
    Would it be worth getting injured to attain an artificial goal?

Way to flip a lighthearted question. Thanks.
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Yippee! Love getting deals and having unexpected great timing.

@runnermom419 I say run .53 tomorrow and make it an even 135. ;) Seriously, it's up to you and your body. If you need a rest day, take it. If not, and you like round, even numbers, go for it.

@MobyCarp That would be frustrating, but glad you have a great attitude about it and sounds like you had a great race, despite the problems. I've never gotten lost during a race. I think I'd panic if I did. I agree with you that the rock seems appropriate.

Thanks. I do really well with back to backs. I am just going to see how tomorrow feels. If I'm not up to run, I'll go lift or something.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Bears eye is healing up. I don't know what happened to it, if that's where the snake got him or a branch.
    om28kjq8rl6h.jpg

I'm at 8.7 miles for the month. I didn't think I make half that. Maybe I'll get 1.3 tomorrow to make goal.

That’s an awesome pic. And I’m glad to hear he’s on the mend.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,957 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Glad you were able to find the dog's owner. Sounds like you had a fun run, even if it wasn't what you had planned when you headed out.

@PastorVincent Yeah on not just finishing, but being in the top 20!!! That must have been brutal to have that many DNFs. Look forward to reading your report.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    The race was BRUTAL. Over half the field DNF, but I finished. The WINNING TIME was over 2 hours slower than my planned time showing how badly I estimated the conditions and course. 2nd place was well over 7 hours. Top 20 finish though, not sure how I am not dead.

More later.

Good to hear you not only survived but finished. Looking forward to your report.
  • NiigataA
    NiigataA Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have some recommendations of stretches/foam rolling mostly for calves and IT band? I'm still having a lot of pain in those two places and it's making running painful which is no fun! I've been doing some that I'm familiar with but any other tips/tricks are most welcome at this point!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    This month has finished with a whimper for me. Literally. I'm sitting here wimpering because I feel like death warmed up, haven't run in four days and have eaten all the things, and I'm solo-parenting as my husband is away. And may I add, not just away, but away in Rarotonga for a week on holiday with the boys. For those who don't know, Rarotonga is a tropical island in the middle of the Pacific which has amazing snorkelling and diving and sunshine and heat even though it's winter there. SO. NOT. FAIR.

Anyway, for much of the month I was a running machine and hit my goal with five days to spare. Toyed with the idea of shooting for 200km before the lurgy hit (first the children then me). July should be a good month, but with two weeks of school holidays in the middle along with it being the depths of winter here which means I can't run after hours as it's too dark, my 100 mile target could be a bit ambitious. Let's see... If I'm better tomorrow I will run to pick my car up from the panel beaters, which is about 20km away. Cross your fingers for me!

Running challenge
    1 June: Yoga
    2 June: Run Auckland Ambury Park 10k - 11.56km due to insufficient marshalling
    3 June: 7km
    4 June: 6.19km
    5 June: 5.34km (Global Running Day)
    6 June: Rest (unplanned, due to ill child plus husband overseas)
    7 June: Yogalates + 8.1km
    8 June: Yoga
    9 June: 15.5km
    10 June: Rest
    11 June: 7.11km
    12 June: 5.02km + Yoga
    13 June: 15.5km
    14 June: 2.64km + Pilates + 6.39km
    15 June: Yoga
    16 June: 12.9km
    17 June: Pilates + 7km
    18 June: Rest
    19 June: 5.29km + Yoga
    20 June: 8.04km
    21 June: Pilates + 6km
    22 June: Yoga
    23 June: Run Auckland 10k race.
    24 June: Pilates followed by 5.01km. Later yoga.
    25 June: 7km
    26 June: 4.2km to warm up for yoga.
    27 June: Rest (sick child)
    28 June: Rest (sick child, ailing myself but hoping to shake it off)
    29 June: Rest (woke up feeling like death, one child bouncy, other ailing)
    30 June: Rest, (ailing child showing signs of recovery, I, however, am possibly dead)

169.29 of 160km for June

Ohhh hugs! Hope it wasn't the one I had. It was AWFUL
  • username301
    username301 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hope that everyone else in the UK enjoyed summer which started yesterday and ends today!

I had forgotten to post this the other day. Hopefully I will manager to drag myself out tonight to at least get 10 in for the month. Disappointing since july is going to be a disrupted month anyway and the swirly stuff remains for a few weeks at least.

2 June....5k
    5 June....5k
    7 June....5k
    9 June....5k
    12 June..5k
    14 June..5k
    16 June..DNS
    19 June..5k
    21 June..DNS
    23 June..6k
    26 June.. DNS
    28 June..5k

Goals June
    1...no of runs 13................9
    2...total distance 69km.....46km
    3...5km no interval............Done
    4...speed 5km < 40m........Done 38.30
    5...longer run 6km.............Done 6k
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,957 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary Hope you are feeling better today! I have to tell you that the commentary on your daily log made me literally laugh out loud. At least you still have your sense of humor, if nothing else.