Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Had a really nice weekend weather wise. It was humid on Saturday, and I was able to get some landscaping done in the morning before we had to go to DH's brothers house for his nieces college graduation party. It was really strange to be the thin person in my age group. :o On Sunday, after church, I tackled more of the landscaping. The humidity was less than yesterday, so I was able to get quite a bit done. This morning I was really tired, and had a hard time getting up. I think I had a little bit of a Tami Monday morning. :D I did GHUTV Serious Strength Upper Body. With all the rock moving that I did this weekend, I was impressed with the amount of weight that I could actually lift.

Laurel, Awesome job with the workouts, that is one seriously long live workout. Love the feeling when you work your arms that good that they feel like jello. That is how my arms felt this morning. Dang on your bathroom wall having a hole in it. I sure hope that they don't wait until the warranty expires. Having to look at that everyday has to be really frustrating when you know it is just a simple fix.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. We had a pretty rainy weekend so no golf for us. But that allowed us to run some errands, explore the city a little bit more and, for me, spend time in the kitchen baking and cooking up some of our garden vegetables. :) For workouts, Saturday I did Jessica Smith Feel Good Fusion and ICY To The Mat. Yesterday was LITE Body Weight and Band workout followed by To The Max Extreme premix. Today was STS Total Body (which about killed me :o:) ) followed by Cathe Live Solid Cardio Plus HiiT.

Laurie, sounds like a nice weekend. About your ‘thinnest in the room’ moment, we had a slightly similar experience this weekend at a neighborhood restaurant. After being there about five minutes, both DH and I realized that not only were we the youngest people around, but the thinnest as well. :o Moments like that can really give some perspective at times when I feel old and heavy. And, even better, DH became super motivated to take better care of himself. Hopefully that will last. Anyhow, there has been progress on the bathroom! Shortly after I posted Friday, people showed up at the house to finish up some stuff from the building process outside on the house (we had a pillar on our porch that wasn’t completed) that we have been asking them to do since we moved in here last November. Then I got a call later that afternoon and the guys showed up to plaster the bathroom wall. When DH got home that night, I asked him what he had done to get people here! The funny thing is, in trying to contact the warranty people again, he called a number he got off the internet for our builder....and that number took him to the Vice President of Sales. :o DH told him he was trying to reach warranty, but the guy said if we needed any help on anything, to call him. So DH took the opportunity to explain the pretty frustrating experiences we have had with the house (more than just the bathroom). Guess the guy took it seriously and made some stuff happen!! Of course, both the outside job and the bathroom need follow-up work, so we’ll see how long that takes. But at least I no longer have a hole in my wall! Just sad that it takes having to (accidentally) talk to an executive to get something done. Anyhow, great workout this morning. I was having a Tami Monday :D;) as well this morning. I was very slow to get up, that’s for sure.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,493 Member
    Hi Ladies, I hope you all had a great weekend. Just checking in to let you know I'm still alive and kicking. Not having a good week lupus/RA wise again. I left a message for the rheumatologist today asking her to increase the prednisone dose. I was told she had a very busy calendar today. Hopefully, I'll hear back from them tomorrow.

Great job with your workouts!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Well this mornings workout was a bust, I woke up with a horrible headache from sinuses. There is a dark cloud hanging around, so I'm pretty sure that a front is going through. No rain, but it is keeping the temp lower than it probably would be. I'm hoping to either get some plants in the ground or do a workout when I get home.

DH ordered some new luggage this morning, so that is another step to our England vacation. The kids are coming over tomorrow to set up some type of agenda for our trip. Things that we want to see.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts, even including the To the Max Extreme. I don't think that one will be on my radar at all. The STS Total Body is such a great workout, just wish that it didn't use all that equipment. I tend to shy away from doing it even though it is so good. I agree with you on the perspective. DH and I where able to eat like "normal" people at the party, and the people we where talking to where restricting themselves. When we where going home, DH was saying that he was happy about how he was able to loose weight. I'm just glad that he was able to enjoy food, but always in moderation. He didn't need to worry at the party that there was something that he couldn't eat. I'm so happy that the house problems where worked on, and what a strange way to get it going. I'm sure that sales executive doesn't want you to go around telling people about the bad experience you where having with your new home. ;)

Thelma, Will be sending good vibes for you for getting relief from your Lupus/RA issues. I hope that the doctor gets back to you.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was LIS Cycle Max Extreme premix. Talk about a sweat fest! :o But it felt really good....for an 80 minute spin workout. :) I followed it with Jessica Smith Abs, Butt and Thigh workout which is a 25 minute mat routine. Very good.

Thelma, I am sorry to hear there has been no improvement. I hope the doctor gets back with you and gets you what you need. Hang in there, my friend. Thinking about you.

Laurie, sorry to hear about the headache. Hopefully it goes away and takes the dark cloud with it. Yay on the new luggage! It is hard to believe your trip is just a couple of months away. I will be anxious to hear about your planned agenda. How fun! Like you, I have a tendency to shy away from STS Total Body while also thinking that it is arguably Cathe’s best total body workout. And every time I do it, I ask myself why I don’t do it more often! I am working on getting my DH to the place where your DH is at. We had a long conversation about it this weekend....that it isn’t about dieting but being in control and, ultimately, feeling better. We will see how it goes but I think he just wants to start feeling better and having more energy. I want the same for him as well. I was thinking the same thing about our builder’s sales exec......doesn’t want us to take our complaints to the internet no doubt!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies,

Nothing much new here...just Cathe workouts, waiting for the bathroom to get finished (it's scheduled for Friday) and dealing with the cute (but naughty) puppy as he is starting to show some signs of it being time to get neutered. I moved the date up a week today after a series of naughty moves on his part! Temps here are in the 90's and heat indexes in the 100's, so I've been spending a lot of time indoors, except early morning and evenings when it's cooler.

We had a fun weekend, not as planned, but it was great. A college friend of ours (who we haven't seen in several years) was in the area and stopped in with his family. We had so much fun catching up that they invited us to spend Sunday at their house and play in their pool. My boys had a blast shockingly, considering their kids are 3 and 8 and mine are 14 and 15. Got some painting done this weekend too, so felt very accomplished!

Tami, how fun to have your sister and family visit. With boys that age, fishing will be a huge hit. My boys have never really been into fishing until recently. They can't seem to get enough of it. I've also found any type of yard game seems to be interesting to kids that age as well! Great job on the workouts, and of course the Peloton rides :)

Laurel, that long live workout actually sounds really fun. I have found as much as I dread the sound of the longer workouts of Cathe's many of them end up being favorites of mine! Sending some good vibes your way for the bathroom completion. I am still not going to believe ours is done until it actually happens on Friday.

Laurie, I hope you are surviving the heat/humidity and storms. I'm sure you're getting some of each. I'm with you, it just doesn't seem like I can get to a cool enough place when working out...even the basement feels warm. Good job getting in some nice workouts!

Thelma, I'm so sorry for all the pain you're going through. I have heard getting the right mix of meds is key, and that it can take some time to get that down. But, I'm hopeful once that combo is figured out, you will be back on the upswing. Good job getting in workouts when you can, and resting when you need to. I'm sending lots of good vibes your way!

Have a fantastic week, if I don't talk to you until next week!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

No workout after work yesterday, I was just not feeling it with the temperatures that we where having. Felt a lot better this morning, but realize that I need to start taking the allergy meds again. :( My workout was LiTe Cardio Party followed by 30MTF Kickboxing Abs/Core. We will be heading up north this weekend, my brother is having a party for my niece's HS graduation. I made her an afghan.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, the Cycle Max sounds like a good one to do. The weather today is suppose to be in the high 90's, with a heat index of 110. We have not had those type of temps in many years. I hope that your DH can get to the point where my DH is. It was to bad that he had to get to such an unhealthy weight, and of course his brother making those comments to motivate him. There is always that trigger that starts the process though. It was that way for me also.

Erika, Nice job with the rotation. Glad to hear that your bathroom issues are going to get resolved also. Since we got Rocket from the humane society, he had already been neutered. Then again, those puppies are always naughty. :D How nice that you got an invite to your friends house, anytime that there is a pool there is fun. My brother just bought a house with a pool. The first thing my sisters said was pool party! :D We have not had the storms like you have had, just the heat. Most of the lawns around here have gone from a beautiful green, to dry brown. What a difference.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I took the workouts down a bit in intensity today because I sure was feeling the last three days of workouts. :o I started with Cathe Live Total Body Giant Sets 3. This was my first time through this workout, and it was perfect for today. I have found since Cathe uses lighter weights in her Live workouts, she has a tendency to make up for that in pace and sometimes reps. But today’s workout was a slower pace and definitely not over-repped. It was still a good total body workout, but without the intense cardio factor that is in some of her Live workouts. I followed it with ICE Low Impact Sweat and Blizzard Blast which I haven’t done in a couple of years. Again, it was perfect for today, especially since our humidity levels right now are off the charts. I was thoroughly drenched in both workouts and my glasses kept fogging up! But unlike those of you up north, our temps are actually on the cool side today (low 80s), which is nice.

Erika, glad you enjoyed your weekend. I bet the pool felt great this weekend. I am glad your boys enjoyed it. Fingers crossed for getting your bathroom done this week. I don’t think there is any chance ours will be done this week, but hopefully I am wrong!! Stay cool in that heat!

Laurie, I toyed with doing the Cardio Party workout this morning as well. That one is such a fun one. Sorry to hear your allergies are kicking in again, though. I understand as I was half way through my cardio when I suddenly felt that good old sinus headache kick in. :| I thought about stopping but it never got too bad and doesn’t feel too bad right now. But my nose is tickling for sure. We’ll see how the rest of the day goes. I keep telling my DH about his weight/health that he needs to decide why he is doing it. Goals are great motivation, but he needs long-term inspiration to keep at it. But he is talking more and more about how frustrated he is by the things he can’t do, and that may, finally, be a catalyst for him. I know, like you and your DH, I had to have that trigger point too, and it has not waivered (much) in these 10+ years. I hope this is my DHs trigger moment. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy your trip up north this weekend. Those are some miserable temperatures, so be safe!

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ Busy as usual and getting ready in the evenings this week for my sister’s arrival with her 2 boys! I pick them up on Saturday afternoon. Cannot wait for their visit. So I have had to clean out our extra bedroom that we never use for anything but “catch all” …. Hopefully everyone has one of these rooms, right? It wasn’t too bad but had to clear off things so they don’t feel like they are sleeping amongst clutter. LOL Workouts have been good:

Friday: Peloton “Feel Good Ride” after work, Saturday: LITE Pyramid Legs, Sunday: PHA Extreme + Peloton, Monday: BootCamp, Tuesday: Peloton Tabata ride and tonight will be a Total Body workout again.

I am going to try and read through your posts this evening to see how you are all doing. Sounds like the workouts are going great for you all. :)

I will check in with you all tomorrow. :) Tami
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Thunderstorms and rain last night and this morning, so we are getting some relief from the temps. The only bad part is that the guy who was scheduled to cut down a dead tree by our driveway will have to come this afternoon instead of this morning. Hope that it happens, because I don't want that falling on someones vehicle. My workout this morning was 30MTF Meltdown Workout 2, which is the heavy bag boxing. I used my gloves, those sure do make the workout fun.

Laurel, Great combo of workouts, and the fact that the live workout was such a perfect one. Those humid days are difficult, and really do understand. I was outside yesterday trying to get some more landscaping done, and it was muggy before the rain poured out of the sky. My youngest dd had just watered the plantings. We where both wondering if the dark cloud was actually going to produce rain. Guess we where wrong. :D My nose was very very happy with the rain too. My DH will never exercise, so a lot of it has been eating. He also gets himself out to his garage to work on his car. That has kept him from snacking like he would usually do, just being in front of the tv. I think that is why I have been crafting more lately also, it keeps my hands and mind busy and not thinking about my stomach. :D

Tami, Good to hear from you, and great job on all those workouts. Have a great time with your family, I'm sure they will have a marvelous time. We used to have one of those bedrooms, but we cleaned it out so our youngest could have a room to watch tv without having to deal with what her parents watch. I was hoping to use that room for my sewing, so that I wouldn't have to go downstairs. Guess that will have to wait until she moves out. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was another fun one. I started with Rockout Knockout and after the first segment put on my weighted gloves because I was having so much fun and wanted more intensity. :) Love those days instead of the those days where I am begging for the workout to be over during the warm-up. :p Anyhow, at the end of that, I went right into Cathe’s Live workout from last week which was Kickboxing Plus Core (and kept the weighted gloves throughout). I finished it with LITE Extended Stretch 2. Good stuff! It wasn’t as humid today despite quite the storm over night and rain this morning and that probably helped my energy levels. I will still probably get a rash on my hands later today from the moisture inside my boxing gloves, but it will have been worth it today. :)

Tami, thanks for checking in! I bet you are excited for your sister’s visit. We used to have a catch-all room, but in this house, we have catch-all attic. :o It is worse than a room because we never need to use the attic for anything and I go in there as rarely as I can......so everything goes in and never leaves. I call it ‘Hotel California’. B) Sounds like you have been doing some great workouts!

Laurie, great workout. Sounds like we were again on the same boxing wavelength! Glad to hear your temps are down a bit. We are in a heat warning right now but, at the moment, we are still cloudy with rain. When the sun comes out later, though, I think it will be a bit uncomfortable. I hope the guy was able to come remove your tree. There is some concern around here for falling trees because the soil is so wet and this last round of storms has brought some pretty high winds. Not good. I love that you and your DH are using hobbies to combat snacking! What a great idea!

Thelma, hope you are okay. Thinking about you!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, thanks for sending all those good thoughts my way. It's been a rough week.
    The rheumatologist did increase my prednisone by 5 mg's and that has helped tremendously with the stiffness.

I ended up in the ER at 4 am on Thursday morning. OMG, I was in so much pain, all I could do was cry.
    It started at about 5pm in my hands and wrists. It felt like pain deep in the bones. Took an Aleve and that helped but later on the pain developed across my upper back. It was so bad I couldn't stand being in bed. I paced in our bedroom all night, a couple of minutes in bed, A couple of minutes pacing. I kept thinking I needed to go to the ER. Finally at 3:30 I asked Ray to take me We left at 3:40 am. I went in my pj's. At 4 I was waiting in the examining room and at 4:15 I was given a 10mg timed-release oxycodone and a shot of decadron 10mg also. A powerful steroid also timed released. I was told the steroid should last for 5 days. The doctor said I'd sleep. We were back home before 5 am. I was wide awake for 2 more hours and finally slept a little. The pain across the upper back is practically gone tonight but my hands are still achy. Getting admitted tool longer than anything else. They print a stack of forms for the patient to sign after you've informed them what is going on. Thankfully I was the only patient there!

I thought it was was an RA attack. The rheumatologist doesn't think so and thinks it's something other than an autoimmune disease. I'll see her here in BR on Monday morning.
    The ER doctor thinks my chemo dose is too low for RA. When I was first diagnosed with lupus I was given a low dose to help with my eyes. I am taking double the dose now.

Exercise wise I've not done much. All I've done is do little laps around the house. Today was a sleeping day thanks to the meds. I'm praying I will feel better tomorrow.

Goodnight ladies and keep up with those great workouts!
    Have a great weekend too!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was LITE Pyramid Pump (Total Body) and Abs 1 followed by Cathe Live Cardio Quick Fix. Another humid day here but, again, the clouds are keeping the temps down. Never imagined we’d be cooler here than in the north this time of year. :o

Thelma, I am so glad you checked in but sorry about the trip to the ER and the continuing pain. I am SO glad you are seeing the doctor again next week (and not having to wait another month for an appointment!). I hope they can come up with an answer to help you feel better. Please let me know if you need help with anything. Sending you all the healing thoughts I have.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited July 2019
    Happy Friday and Pre-Vacation time for me!!!! I am really looking forward to the time off forsure. Work has been busy and my supervisor who is kind of an odd lady anyway has been really off this week. I don’t know how to explain it other then extreme moods and this week has been a bad one. It has gradually been worse since I have been here and seems to be increasing. :( Several of us have noticed it and wonder what’s up. Even a lady who has worked here for years and years and knows her well. I hope something changes eventually. I didn't want to ever go back to that feeling of not feeling good and walking on egg shells at work. :# So a break from all of it will be nice. Peloton ride last night after work, which felt great.

PHA today and I will get in a workout tomorrow before leaving for the airport. I’m going to try and get in a few Peloton rides if I need to be quiet in the early a.m. while my guests are at the house. Then Chelan on Tuesday afternoon thru Sat.

Thelma ~ I am so sorry about your trip to the ER. I hope you are feeling better soon. What a summer you have had …. Poor lady. Sending good health vibes your way.

Have a great weekend and week ladies! I will check in when I return. :):) Tami

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

What a beautiful morning we are having, it was in the 60's. Had a very nice weekend, despite the rain. The trees did get trimmed on Friday, and they really do look great. We didn't get the severe weather that some portions of the state got, so very thankful for that. My workout this morning was Kelly's RAW Heavy Bag Workout, and I used my weighted gloves since I don't own a bag. ;)

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts. Of course those boxing/kickboxing workouts are just great ones to turn to. It is my favorite form of exercise. I really enjoyed the one I did this morning, my upper back is feeling the punches. I was surprised at how sweaty I got, but I was making sure that my abs where engaged, and I was really pretending that I had a bag. Didn't even feel like I had weighted gloves on, I was having so much fun. The trees falling over around here where from that very reason. We have had so much rain, that the root systems just pulled up out of the ground. We had one tree that we had to take down, because the Emerald Ash Borer got it. It was so close to the driveway that I didn't want it to fall on someone's car. I hope that your heat index didn't get to bad, ours was not what the weather people expected or wanted apparently. They sure do thrive on the drama. :D

Thelma, I'm so sorry to hear about the pain that you where going through that you had to go to the ER. I'm glad to hear that you have gotten some relief. I hope that you get some answers as to what is going on, so that you can get the proper treatment. Again I will be sending you additional good vibes for further relief.

Tami, Great job on your workouts! Enjoy your vacation, is sure sounds like a tense situation at work. That doesn't sound fun. I'm sure you will enjoy having your family around, and going to visit with your uncles.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you had a nice weekend. We did. Saturday we took a drive to the western part of the state for the first time....just to see what’s out there. Yesterday was a fantastic round of golf. B) It was pretty humid all weekend but with the temps in the mid-80s, it felt really good. DH was laughing at me yesterday because at one point in the round, I just stopped mid-fairway, threw my hands in the air, and just soaked in all the beautiful air and scenery. I think my love of golf has nothing to do with the sport and everything to do with the beauty of golf courses. B)

For workouts, Saturday was Jessica Smith Yoga/Pilates Fusion. Yesterday was S&S PHA followed by Cathe Live 100 Episode. Today was a fun Live combo of Breathless Upper Body and Cardio Leg Block Party. Both workouts alternate ‘blocks’ of cardio moves (3-5) with ‘blocks’ of strength training moves (3-5). Good stuff.

Tami, I am sorry to hear about your boss. That is actually kind of alarming. Hopefully people who oversee her are seeing it too and address the problem. I hope you have a fantastic time this week with your sister and nephews!! Great workouts, as always. :)

Laurie, sounds like a nice morning! We are supposed to have lows in the low 60s this week as well with some drier air. Has me thinking about opening the windows for a few hours!! :) I was thinking about you when I heard about the massive storms up there. I am glad it didn’t impact you. Sounds like they were very bad. I agree about weather people thriving on drama. I think I sound like a cranky old person when I say ‘I expect cold, snow and ice in the winter, rain the spring and hot, uncomfortable weather in the summer....’. But, honestly, I am only surprised by weather that isn’t that. :o But, sometimes, they make what I consider to be pretty normal weather sound so horrifying. Like I said....it makes me sound old and cranky to say that. B) Great workout this morning! Cathe does a heavy bag segment in most of her Live KB workouts, and now that I am more accustomed to them, I feel I still get a really good workout even without a bag. Like you said, it works best to imagine how you would be punching if you did have a bag.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. We had a pretty good weekend. I am finally feeling better but I may still be under the effects of the time-released steroid. My workouts were walking. I am still dealing with fatigue. I saw the rheumatologist today. She has no idea why I had that pain last week. She says I have to give the meds time to kick in.
    I will write later on this week.

Good night laiies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was another beautiful one with a temperature of 59! Really do love those kind of temps in the morning vs. humidity. My workout was 30MTF Muscle Up Workout 2, which is biceps, triceps and legs.

Laurel, Love the workouts, the blocks sound interesting! LOL about your experience with the weather on the golf course. I do that very same thing when I walk out of the building here at work. Our office is so cold that the warmth just soaks right into the body. You are right, those are the same thing that I would expect out of weather. We have had very warm temps around here in the past, but people tend to have very short memories. And the tv stations seemed to be disappointed that the weather didn't get to the point of killing people. At least that is what it seemed like. I to am a cranky old lady when it comes to that kind of thing. My upper back is still feeling the effects of that boxing workout, I sure do love that feeling.

Thelma, I'm very glad to hear that you are feeling better. To bad that it had to take so long to get the meds, so that you could have gotten them to start working for you sooner. ;) Nice that you got in a walk. I'm sure that your body still needs the rest after all that it has been through.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was LITE PHA2 followed by Cathe Live Boxing, HiiT Blasts and Core. We had temps in the mid-60s over night and it sure felt nice to workout with slightly cooler temperatures in my workout area. I was still dripping, but at least my glasses weren’t fogging up. B):)

Thelma, thanks for checking in. I am glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better. Hopefully the meds kick in this week and you can start feeling a little more normal. As Laurie said, after what you have been through, I am sure you and your body are exhausted so walking is probably the best thing for you now. And sleep.

Laurie, another great workout! We are supposed to drop into the 50s the next two nights! :o I went out on the deck this morning just to see if it felt cooler and, boy, did it feel good! I am not ready for winter yet, but the fresh cooler air in July is a welcome and much unexpected treat right now. I would do the same as you if I worked in a constantly cold environment, especially cold by AC. I think I would probably have a headache every day from that. :|

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was another beautiful one, just love these cooler temps in the morning. My workout was Kelly's RAW Boxing and Drills. We have a company Brewer outing today, just love it when they pay me to attend a game. ;)

Laurel, Nice workouts, just love the PHA2. I think I'm changing my workout for tomorrow to that one, because I love it so much. DH and I went on a longer walk this morning, just because of the cooler weather. Rocket sure seems to enjoy it also. I'm really glad that I don't experience a headache in the ac. I don't know what the guys around here would do if I cranked the heat up. I'm okay with just putting on a sweater when I get to cold.

Have a great day!
    Laurie