NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    @its_cleo Watermelon sounds refreshing. You are welcome! I've only made the one that is not so healthy but delicious lol. That's great that you feel more motivated.

@cbabie I'm so sorry you are depressed. ((( HUGS )))

@renaegry That sounds really fun, I'm jealous!!! My family used to have a seasonal camping site at a lake when I was a kid. It was nice being able to see the same kids in the summer.

@theslightedgeforever You are so funny (re: salads) although I used to be like you. What changed me? I decided I like the fixins on my salads (yes, I know they can add up). Maybe I will. It's kind of hard because DH is carb-phobic, won't touch pasta or bread or beans. But I can eat those items myself, it's just a hassle to cook it for myself. Good for you for not eating the 3 choco chips.

EMPOWERED.
    August goals: track 4 out of 7 days, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, lose 1 lb
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hi all

Dentist was good!!! The tooth had been root canal last year & that had held firm. The chip, apparently, is small (but feels worse to me) and there's no other problem. I was very pleased!!

@trooworld- I load up on salad leaves & then as much zero point salad stuff as I can. I have a spoonful of other types and then usually veggie quiche as I don't eat meat.

@its_cleo I'm trying to stick to iced soya latte rather than ice cream but hot days are a temptation. I've looked 5hese week & eating about 200 cals/day more than my 1st week -lost 4lb couldn't believe it. So I need to pull back too. I'm still just getting to know this app & how it can help- following the WW app still. Certainly until I get used to this way of thinking.

@cbabie big hugs.

@theslightedgeforever I used to think negatively about salads as my Mum had no imagination when she was loosing weight. Years ago we used to visit a Vegi/vegan health food cafe in London, called Cranks. They did amazing salads- you selected a main & 2 side salads. I don't think they exist now but I still have a couple of their cookbooks. I should have a look again. For work I normally make mine look like a Subway salad! 😂😂😂
    That book sounds interesting. I had a strenuous session with different exercises yesterday & can't move much today but I have got my steps in cleaning & tidying- so there is a plus.

@renaegry sounds like a fantastic place.

Had lunch out at friends' tea shop- indulged in their homemade Maltesers Cheesecake- not exactly best nutrient but it filled me up for most of the day so I counted it as lunch!
    Finally cracked both girls rooms & all the bed linen. I'm sorting a bit of my study/craft room before bed- just because everything got dumped in there and it became unusable. It now has clean desk & carpet! I'll sort it properly later.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Just got back from PT hand a sore I have to keep pushing it
    Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    GM everyone

Sorry for the absence - so much has been going on My granddaughter's other Grandmother died at 65 from complications of breast cancer (she went into pastoral care on Monday and died on Wednesday), she first went into remission some 14 years ago and a few years ago it came back with a vengeance.

I had my injection in my foot yesterday and am supposed to have complete bed rest for 2 days then limited movement for 2 days and then start building it up, to allow the cortisone to work.

I have had a quick look at previous posts - so sorry if I miss anything

@trooworld - I love your painting. I am so jealous of the things you can get at Cosco - we are so limited here. I am glad you brunch went over well. "Mis-en-place" happened here all the time when I did dinner parties.

@theslightedgeforever - High 5 for the big stickers and you spreadsheet. Great news on the gardening, I am making a rose garden here, the soil has been dug over, fertilized and I am waiting 2 weeks before I plant. The weather is cold and rainy and so it is the best time to do it.

@teresaW2010 _ How did the pictures turn out? I hope you are capturing pictures of your home as it is being built, it will make a wonderful memory

@joannedavison How did the "me time" go? What did you do that was special for you?

@cbabie - I am hearing you. Have they given you exercises to increase the bend? And it does seem that the "younger" heal quickly. Best of luck:)

@its_cleo - Here in Aus we do put it on burgers, as well as chicken. I do not specifically use it, but DH does all the time

@renaegry _ I just looked at the app - it looks fantastic and I can not wait to get cleared from foot issues - it certainly one I need to try.

Sorry if I missed anyone

Trish

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,213 Member
    @trooworld That would have been fun to play with the same kids every summer. I'm working on that salad thing. Interesting on your hubby being carb phobe. Was he always this way? If my dh wasn't around I would probably just eat sandwiches and bowls of cereal the rest of my life. He's the reason I cook.

@joannadavison Yaaay on your big loss. You'll get the hang of this calorie thing. Sometimes it's just nice to have a different perspective on a situation. Plus the dentist. I've cracked two teeth and both were removed. Grinding problems he said. I also broke my mouth guard right in half. One of these days I'll go and get implants. Now I actually like Subway salads. So there's hope for me.

@cbabie I'm glad you are getting therapy.

@trishastime We missed you. Sorry about the death in your family. I lost my mom to breast cancer. Other family members too. That's why I get so nervous waiting for my mammogram results each year. So how does all this rest work with your job schedule? Do you have a good book to read while laying in bed? How is your eating going? Are you still doing the IF? Were you doing keto with it? I can't remember.

Another day of staying OP. I did 35 min Leslie Sansone workout. Met water goal. Big sticker day
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    @joannadavison That's great that the dentist went good. It can be really intimidating to go. That sounds like a good plan!

@cbabie I'm cheering for you.

@TrishasTime I was thinking of you. I'm sorry for the loss. re: the painting...thank you and I'm glad the brunch went well, too.

@theslightedgeforever It was fun. Summer friends. Yes, allegedly, he is making spaghetti and meatballs or meat sauce tonight. We'll see if he eats any of it. ;) No, he's only been this way for the past 6-8 months. But then he'll let loose and eat a bunch of carbs over a weekend but then go strictly back to not even eating fruit.

Hi all. I go to the doctor today, I have a suspicious mole on my back that is probably nothing but DH wants me to get it checked out. Other than that, it's work and then come home to relax because it's finally FRIDAY!!!

EMPOWERED.
    August goals: track 4 out of 7 days, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, lose 1 lb
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @cbabie, ((((hugs)))) praying for peace and healing. <3

@its_cleo, I hope your new macro counting will help you with continued motivation. I haven’t been tracking at all and really need to get back to it. :/

@theslightedgeforever, yeah that At Home store was huge and I saw lots of things I wanted for the new house! I LOVE a good salad! Right now, I’m obsessed with baby spinach, red onion, English cucumbers, radishes, and tons of really good blue cheese dressing. It’s on my menu for tonight along with some cold shredded chicken. <3 Adding your hubby to your spreadsheet and planning for events like ice cream is a great idea. And yes, it’s NOT your vacation. :D

@joannadavison, great news from your dentist! That must have been a relief to you. Yum to cheesecake!! <3

@TrishasTime, so sorry about the loss in your family! Wow, that has to be annoying to be on complete bed rest for 2 days. I hope that the cortisone will do the trick and start making you feel better. <3

@trooworld, I have a suspicious mole on my back too!! What is wrong with us! :# I sure hope that the doctor tells you that it’s nothing to worry about. I suppose I need to get mine checked out too. My husband is covered in moles and goes regularly. He has skin cancer on his arm that has to be removed next week. We are praying that the doctor can get it all out and be done with it.

Good morning, girls!! So, our house got listed last night and the pics are amazing! Whatever filter that photographer used sure made my home look extra bright. :D Our realtor listed it last evening at 8 pm and by 9 pm we already had two showings scheduled for today. I'm praying so hard that it sells fast and we can get done with this portion and get on to the packing!! Hubby is running around straightening and cleaning so I better get up and help him. The dog is freaking out that there is a for sale sign in the yard. It's going to be a LONG weekend!! :#:D
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks. Yes that picture was taken this July long weekend. Figured it was time to change it. Think that other Pic was from 10 years ago. Lol

@TeresaW1020 that is great news about your house. Fingers crossed.

@cbabie Keep your head high. You can get thru this.

@trooworld it is alwaya good to get things checked out. Hope all it well

Had a great run yesturday and today will get in a fitbod workout. It is our towns fair weekend so the weekend will be filled with watching chuckwagon and chariot races and of course a few of those pesky beers. Lol. Will try to eat somewhat good but will have to see what the options are. Hope everyone has a great Friday.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    I love a good salad too. @TeresaW1020 that one sounds great. I have salad or fresh veggies almost every day. Good luck with the house!

@trooworld good luck with the mole. It’s always good to get things checked out. Of course I’m terrible at it- I’m due for a test and have avoided it. So far they have sent me two letters reminding me and then an email lol.

@TrishasTime sorry for your loss. Hope the rest of the family is doing okay.

@cbabie what does the PT say about rest and then using the hand? Does he give you advice for when you’re home?

@joannadavison MFP and WW are different. I think MFP is more challenging bc you have to monitor calories and macros yourself. WW in a way is easier bc it does that for you behind the scenes. But the advantage with MFP is – you can pick and choose foods based on actual calorie and nutritional profile rather than points. So it is more precise in a way, but more work. I like MFP more but I’m a control freak lol.

@theslightedgeforever it sounds like you are getting on track, though it is a struggle, good work.
    Well I have done really well all week, and my weight is down 4oz. Not much I know but I feel kind of pleased. Now tonight I’m going out to dinner with my father and he wants to go to a pizza place so I think that will take up a lot of calories, but we’ll see.

Also I forgot to mention I’m thinking of taking a cooking class in the fall- Vegetarian Indian cooking. I like Indian food. I wish it wasn’t vegetarian but that is all they are offering. It starts in Sept and runs to December.

Went to the gym yesterday with my trainer- we did

-dumbbell rows (25lbs a new high for me)
    -bench press on a stability ball, loved this
    -hangs- this is literally hanging from my hands like a kid on a monkey bar, for 15 seconds. I want to get strong enough to pull myself up, but right now I can only hang. Also it is a good stretch.

My trainer weighed me with one of those scales and my fat% is still high lol it says I should lose 30lbs. If I lost 20 I would be happy.

Have a great weekend all.
  • JoDavo66
    I've tried to type this msg 5 times. Each time I've ended up accidently deleting it as I scroll up & down to respond to everyone!

@cbabie keep going with the therapy you'll get there.

@TrishasTime sorry to hear your news & I hope cortisone works for you

@theslightedgeforever - this tooth & another repeatedly crack- both now root canals which is why I was concerned. Subway always good

@Trooworld hope the mole amounts to nothing but always good to get checked ASAP

@TeresaW1020 hope your mole OK too. Good luck with house sale.

@renaergy enjoy the fair at the weekend

@its_cleo your comparison between MFP & WW is helpful. My 1st goal was just to track & see what I was eating & it's effect. Now it's to aim for 1,300- 1,400/day and see if that's going to give me 1-2lb /week. Once that's set right I can play around with macros etc. I know I do need more protein & less carbs than I used to eat. Hidden sugar still a problem for me but I'm still focusing on the calories 1st. I'm beginning to get the hang of it. Your gym session sounds good. Do you have an assisted pull up at your gym. I found that great years ago & I've been using that to stretch my shoulder.

My eldest got back from Sea Cadet camp today. Got a windsurfing qualification but couldn't do 2nd level as there was no wind on their last day!! I thought I was scrapbooking tomorrow but the date has changed to next weekend. I might get a little done at home.
  • TrishasTime
    Gm everyone

@theslightedgeforever - it has been abit hard but I am now back at IF 16/8. I was doing it but prob at 12/12 instead. I actually have a sore tailbone - I love reading but prefer to turn a paper page. But have resorted to my ipad now. Just hanging out to do a a Leslie Sansone - well done on another fig sticker day

@trooworld - How did the mole go and have you been to the podiatrist yet? Wow your husband really does eat low carb if he does not eat fruit> How is your tracking going?

@teresaw1020 - I had to look up what an English cucumber was - we call them continental cucumbers here . How exciting 2 showings with an hour of going up I will keep my fingers crossed for you - and toes :0

@renaegry - Hope y ou have a great time at your town's fair.

@its_cleo - I would set small goals that I am happy with In my brain 20 pounds seems a lot and easier to manage in smaller chunks. How does the saying go? How do you eat an elephant - one bite at a time LOL

@joannadavison - I have done WW and MFP, I like to see the nutrients behind the calories. I am on premium, so I am not sure that if you get that on standard if you are not on premium. Hope that helps as well

Okay - so what do I wear to a funeral? I am looking through my wardrobe and I really only have casual or work clothes, dresses have sparkles on them so not really approp

Take care
  • its_cleo
    @joannadavison I think focussing on the calories first is a good way to start. It can get overwhelming with all the other stuff. I focus primarily on calories too, plus protein. Then I sort of tinker with the rest, but it's taken me a couple years of slow changes to be able to do that without feeling overwhelmed or irritated.

My gym doesn;t have an assisted pullup, but when my trainer is there he sort of makes one with a thick rubber band. We loop it over the handles and then I can stand on it, and depending on the thickness of the rubber band it holds some of my weight. It looks like this:

weyfcndwngc5.png

It's kind of fun. I trust my trainer a lot lol that I won't fall on my head.

@TrishasTime I have work work clothes to a funeral, but I wear a lot of grey, black, etc. But it depends on the style of the funeral. Yeah honestly 20 or 30 lbs seems insurmountable. I guess I am taking it a bite at a time as you say.

I had a big success yesterday. I went out to dinner with my father and then we went to baseball game. So I've been trying not to indulge on everything at once ie dinner out + dessert + drinks. So last night we had dinner and I had one beer only. Then on the way home I wanted ice cream sooo badly. That would have been 500+ calories. But I managed to resist, and when I came home I just had a glass of water and went to bed.

So I;ve done really well all week, and this was the first week I really was able to balance some treats without going over. Weigh in is tomorrow. Even if my weight isn;t down I feel good about it.

Exercise today is stairs/hill, and then some arm work at the gym by myself if my energy doesn;t run out. Then I'm going to flake out and watch tv lol. Baseball is getting exciting so I watch a lot of baseball especially as the season ends. Today I'm interested in Cleveland, Mets, Jays. It's a good excuse to veg :D
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all, I am back from vacation & trying to get with it again. I have read all your posts (3hrs downtime at airport, when I should have been walking, lol) and will start again now. We had a great time & Alaska was beautiful. The cruise was fun, the land part not quite as much. I didn't feel the food was as good as other cruises we have done, which maybe worked in my favor..I didn't really gain anything....but it also might have been all the walking we did helped, too.

@TeresaW1020 ..hope the house sells quickly. Where in Georgia are you? Our daughter lived in Alpharetta for about 8 years. It does get hot there!!

@TrishasTime ..sorry for your loss.

@its_cleo ..my sister had vegetarian Indian food for a couple of nights on the cruise & said it was great. They eat only plant based & no oils, so the head waiter made it his job to provide fabulous food for them. It looked very good most of the time (altho not sure I could follow that strict of a way of eating), maybe that is why ours seemed kinda so-so, lol.

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Morning all

Yesterday’s fair was good. Only sat in beer gardens till 1am. Lol. Then walked home so burned a few cals there. 2 more days. Lol

@joannadavison I have deleted my posts so many times as well. Really frustrating. Lol.

@its_cleo I am more so following mfp now bit have WW till April since I signed up for a year. So I currently log in both. I love seeing how the 2 programs relate with cals to points. Myself I try to follow cals first then look at fat and sugar.
  • JessT1299
    JessT1299 Posts: 25 Member
    Please feel free to add me, I’m always looking for more support! Best of luck to you all on your journey! 🙂🙃
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,213 Member
    I started to check in earlier today and then got sidetracked as usual.

@trooworld Maybe that's your dh's way of balancing out his carbs. We all have our ways. I try to tell my dh my way is better. ;) He counters with Yeah, your results are proof of that. lol Now karma has come to bite him. Have you been exercising?

@teresaw1020 I used to love blue cheese dressing. I don't know what happened. Hm...I might have to revisit that. I've been using Russian dressing for so long that's just what I keep handy. I think I got burnt out on salads and smoothies. Everytime I revisit the Shred Program this happens. What is insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? I just think I'll do better the next time. So far I'm liking this program. Now just to see if I can lose weight on it consistently. Dh said today keep it up. Then laughed and said that's the part you have problems with. lol So true. I get checked every 6 months for skin cancer since I've already had it on my nose. I go Sept 3 to have another one removed and biopsied. Again, my nose. It sticks out the furthest I guess. That's what @cbabie would say.

@renaegry ooh chuckwagons and chariot races. That sounds fun. So enjoy yourself, moderately. That's the thing I think is to find the balance in life. Life is just not about calories in and out. Good for your run.

@its_cleo Now I was just thinking if all of you like salads, then why are you all trying to lose weight? See how my mind equates it? Salad=skinny. Then realized you all like beer too. :D How was pizza with your father? I like to cut my piece into two pieces so I trick my mind. I'm learning to like thin crust because it has less calories than thick but I still get the taste of pizza. Oh just read about your successful date with dad. Good for you. I like Indian food if its not too spicy. You can always cut up some chicken breasts and add them to whatever you are making. How about shrimp biriyani. I love chicken biriyani.

@joannadavison I originally joined MFP because I was prediabetic and I had to watch my carbs. That didn't really go so well the first time around. I'll probably always be under in protein. But that's okay with me. I have to pick my battles. I'm still working on more fiber so I don't get colon cancer. It runs in the family. I could spend all my points on junk. Although I quit WW right when they switched to Smartpoints I think. about 2 months later. I'm no longer prediabetic but still hanging around the border so I'm still working on that. We all have to figure out the plan that will work for us for the long haul.

@trishastime I like to break things down to smaller units too. It's taking forever to eat this elephant. At least I'm back at the table again. What did you decide on the funeral. I think people should dress up. They don't seem to do that in America much anymore for funerals. I remember people used to dress up to go to church, fly, weddings, etc. But then I'm old school. I'm like have respect for the dead. My kids would say, Mom they can't see what you are wearing. :rolls my eyes:

@Retiredandlovingit So now you are home and ready to get back to it. Do better than me. It took me a month. That's a built in goal for me for next year's vacation. My dd and I were talking about taking an Alaska cruise this past week. How many nights is it? She'll start her new job in a couple of weeks and then has to start acruing vacation time. So it will be awhile. She went to Iowa state fair today with an old college buddy who just moved back to Des Moines. I think my son will go on the 14th. He wants to see that comedian. She said lots of the presidential candidates were there today but well you know, It's IOWA.

OK, still doing well. Big stickers everyday. I've been doing well in my gym since I moved it around. I realize now it was the claustrophobia thing. I had my treadmill pinned in. If I could have only figured that out 6 years ago. Better late than never as they say.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @its_cleo, that is super cool that you are thinking of taking a cooking class! Learning how to use Indian spices and more veggies is awesome. Once you learn the basics you can always throw in some meat to your new recipes. Yayyy for resisting the ice cream!! :)

@joannadavison, so you don’t accidentally delete a long post to everyone do what I do. That is if you are using your computer and not your phone. I open a Word document and minimize it so only a portion of it is on the bottom of my screen. Behind the Word.doc is our thread. I am then able to scroll to who I want to reply to and then use the doc to type while seeing the comments. Works perfectly! ;)

@I don’t have funeral clothes either. I will wear dark pants and a dark/conservative top. What did you decide on? :)

@RetiredAndLovingIt, welcome back and that is great that you didn’t come back with a big gain. I’m sure the scenery of Alaska was breathtaking! :)

@theslightedgeforever, I go through a bottle of blue cheese a week. Using it as a dip for spicy pork rinds is the best!! <3 I’m glad you are liking your new plan so far. Is it something you think you could do for life? That is what I’m trying to figure out for me. Not sure Keto will be a lifelong thing for me the way intermittent fasting will be.

It will be another long and busy day.! We have church and then we have to keep ourselves busy since the house is being shown at 12:30 and then the open house is from 2:30 to 4:30 pm. I'm praying so hard (borderline begging) that this house sells this week!! Today we are going to lunch and then to see the new Lion King movie. Friends say it's wonderful and I want to go as a tribute for my daughter who loved the original so much. I have a recording of her singing and dancing to the songs when she was three. <3 Plus, it's hot as blazes and sitting in a nice cool theater will be wonderful. Yesterday, we went to Atlanta and did some research shopping for a new breakfast room dining set. I think I found one at Rooms To Go that I really like and won't break the bank. We had lunch out and I had the blackened salmon with a Caesar salad. So far my weight is holding.

Have a great day ladies!! <3
  • its_cleo
    @RetiredandLovingIt welcome back! Sounds really nice. I would love to do a trip like that sometime. Too bad the food wasn’t as good. I do find veg Indian food is very good, I think bc there is a lot of spices and flavor, whereas meat dishes just rely on the meat to provide a lot of flavour.

@renaegry beer gardens sound nice, that kind of thing is always my downfall. You are in Saskatchewan is that right?

@theslightedgeforever yeah I like salads, mainly bc it’s easy. I usually just throw together a bunch of raw veggies.
    Once in a while I will try to make something different. But it’s not very filling by itself.

Dinner was good- thin crust pizza- Yeah I miss thick crust. It’s hard to get now. I know it’s a lot of calories but what the heck. The thing with pizza is I don’t find it very filling, it seems like it but then I’m hungry shortly after. If I make it myself it’s better. – yeah I love chicken biryani. –that’s great on the gym! I wish I had a treadmill for winter.

@TeresaW1020 I hope you enjoy the movie, that is lovely you are thinking of your daughter. I’m sure she is smiling somewhere to see this movie come out.

@gemwolf110 that really sucks about the dogs.
    I’m okay, doing a hike this afternoon. I haven’t done one in a while. It is 9.5 km which is about as much as I’m up to (I think that’s 4 or 5 miles…).

My weight was down today but maybe will go down even further bc I had French fries last night and so maybe there was some salt. Doing okay with food- start of a new week today. I am on track but ravenous today. Yesterday and today woke up at 4am hungry. I assume this is bc I have dropped my calories down to 1600 (before it was 1800 and I was actually eating like 1900 half the time lol). But it’s okay, I just had half my breakfast and then went back to bed.

Beautiful day here today but it already feels cooler…really sucks bc summer was so short this year.
  • JoDavo66
    @its_cleo that looks an ingenious way to do assisted pull-ups! I've not had the best week either. Currently going out a lot to take my.cousin & her kids out with mine- Staycation for us but her kids haven't visited UK in their memory! Kids want ice cream, McD's etc & she wants British cake!! Hilarious as I was French, Belgian & German patisserie when we used to visit her!!!

Hi @RetiredAndLovingIt & @JessT1299

@theslightedgeforever I didn't think of looking at fibre tracking too. I'm mostly concerned about Cholesterol (mine's the lowest it's ever been, as I've been aware of high level since I was 22 & working in drug industry- that's when we realised it was genetic as my Mam's was very high (now on statins) and so is Aunts & she's stick insect thin). We suspected genetic colon cancer as Dad & Grandad died from it at same age!!!! I'd had some odd toilet habits and doc put ne fwd to be tested. Had various tests & the geneticist got Dad's biopsy geneticallt testes- He'd been dead 11 years- I thought this was amazing!

@TeresaW1020 thanks for tip. We skipped church today- not got much during school holidays- we helped out at Holiday Club at the start but have so much else going on during school holidays this year. Hope the house sells this week.

@gemwolf110 - oh no!

Weather here been awful today. Hoping it's a bit better tomorrow as we want to go to Beamish Museum which is an open air museum recreating the north of England in 1890s & 1913 plus they are just starting a 1950s section. We buy a year ticket every so many years when they've added new bits.
  • TrishasTime
    Good morning everyone

@its_cleo - it is great when we can socialize and still stay within the boundaries that we set ourselves. I am just hanging out for the weather to get warmer down under. However today it is sunny, sold wind, but it is sunny :)

@RetiredAndLovingIt - Welcome back :) Shame about the food, I find it when we used to cruise, a very hit and miss. What did you do on land?

@renaegry - we do not have fairs over here, we have markets and shows. Shows are only in the major towns where there are rides , stalls where they display and show bags you can buy. A couple of bars may be placed somewhere. There is nothing like chuck wagon etc that @theslightedgeforever mentioned.

@theslightedgeforever - We have a variant of Russian dressing (mind you I had to google it), we call it Thousand Island dressing. I went out and bout a new jumper to go with some trousers that I wear out. - it is expect to rain, so also need to keep warm. I will probably dress the jumper up abit.

@trooworld - I am absolutely not a fan of blue cheese (stinky cheese is what we call it). DH adores it but only gets it when we go out for dinner

@teresaw1020 - Glad you are getting alot of response to your home and that you are finding furniture that wil lnot break the bank :) What are you doing with your puppy whilst your home is open?

@gemwolf110 _ Sorry to hear the news about the dog restriction, my puppies are my family and I could never be without them. You could always keep your eye for another one whilst you are busy doing up the house.

@joannadavison - Wow - how great is it to get results from that long ago. Hope the weather turns for you

Today is day 5, so i can going to try Leslie Sansone 1 mile - see what happens. Wish me luck

Take care