WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    Tracey: Your beautiful video really brightened my morning. I wish them both health, wealth, and most of all, happiness.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Yay!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10759847/woo-be-gone#latest

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10737777/woo-does-not-mean-woo-hoo#latest

As we all know, the Woo reaction is a negative thing, essentially a polite way to say BS. However, some have been confused by it and have (we assume / we hope ... given the context) used it as a positive reaction, like "woo-hoo".

Thankfully, MFP's IT staff will be making a much-requested change and Woo will become Disagree ... much clearer
    ! :):)

M in Oz

Not before time. I myself found it misleading when I first joined, until some kind person pointed it out to me. (I must have appeared very disagreeable before that Lol! Not my intention at all).

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    Disagree is much clearer. But it is still too easy to hit as a typo when scrolling on my phone. Not everything typed is meaningful!
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Monday off to a good start so far. Weigh in was good (dropped some more). Got 30 minutes in on bike and had a good night's sleep. Am over whatever had me feeling so tired I think. Going to be hot and humid here today-am dressed for it and thankfully will be inside most of day.

Wedding video beautiful Tracey.

Lisa -good luck with replacement of license and other papers.

Ginny in Ohio
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! :)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3B)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Tracey - that wedding video was stunning! Your daughter was gorgeous and your son in law very handsome- love his smile. And his laughing. He looks to be a happy and caring person. There's a lot more captured in video than still photos, that's for sure. Loved the hugging and dancing, just everything. Great choice in that dress for you, by the way. You and Rodger make a cute couple <3 . Great memories!! <3 Wish them happiness!

Machka - thank you for the "woo" update. Disagree will make it clearer, but still wish there was a symbol for "excited for you" that's not a hug. :D:p Will that "In the Hospital" video be available to the general public? Put on Youtube perhaps so we can see it?

Cathy - that Chaffle recipe looks yummy, and Lisa - your pizza idea is terrific. I love cheese. Luckily I eat enough fiber and fat - avocadoes especially, I think, that things keep moving, lol.

Rebecca
    - when we watched "Alone" last week I was reaching for a blanket, even though it was quite warm here. For those of you who don't watch it, 8 or so folks are dumped out somewhere with a few items and the one who survives the longest wins a lot of money. This season they are at Great Slave Lake in Canada - basically the arctic. Temps in the teens. Finding food is hard. Most lost an extreme amount of weight due to well, starvation if they don't have luck hunting and fishing. If their health gets too fragile, they are pulled out. I'm betting on the gal to win - she has spunk and a good attitude and is clever at catching squirrels and rabbits for food. We'll see.

Those of you in the heat right now- see if you can find it. Mind over matter. Hope you get a cool off quickly.

Time for the second cup of coffee. Have a great week!! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State - where a bit of rain is in the forecast for Wednesday :)

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,887 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Machka - thank you for the "woo" update. Disagree will make it clearer, but still wish there was a symbol for "excited for you" that's not a hug. :D:p Will that "In the Hospital" video be available to the general public? Put on Youtube perhaps so we can see it?

Lanette
    SW WA State - where a bit of rain is in the forecast for Wednesday :)

The video might become available to the public after Wednesday. I'll keep an eye out for it. :)

Machka in Oz - where we're supposed to get all sorts of wild, cold weather tomorrow. :)

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Tracey ~ What a magnificent wedding. It looks like everyone had such a fun and happy evening.

Carol in GA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Clowe- saves y sent to my Cousin on Keto y my kids God mother sounds like something maybe my 2yr old might try.I only have a tortilla warmer so going to attempt it on it or a skillet.

Here’s what I used to get rid of my ants issue. When we moved in had to get rid of a lot including snakes 🐍 coming in under the door! This worked on the ants could slide in areas JR can’t reach or get to or most of all see!
    Amber Tx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Margaret: The idea of planting mint to deter ants is appealing. The hummingbird feeders attach to our windows via suction cups. I could plant mint underneath those two windows. Vinegar is another appealing idea. I’ll give it consideration. Thank you for great ideas. :star:

Lisa: Congrats on the upcoming grandson. :bigsmile:

Rebecca: I’ve always been taught that your body fights disease and repairs damage during sleep. You obviously need the sleep. I hope you’re feeling better soon. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: I love Reeces, too. They are a RARE treat in my world. If I open a two pack I eat both. They fall in the category of “leaveright”—leave her right in the store. Once in a while I succumb. :embarassed:

Machka: I agree with Lisa. You’re doing something very nice by using your experiences with your DH’s stroke and subsequent health improvements to help others. :heart:

DH was put on a gluten free diet and we missed pizza. We went to a local take and bake pizza place and bought what was supposed to be gluten free. It wasn’t gluten free enough. We have had better luck with Subway sandwiches. Their gluten free buns pass the test well. DH has gluten free and I have flat bread that contains gluten. We are both pleased with these rare treats.

Yoga at 8 am tomorrow morning, and DH’s meeting with the surgeon at 10:30 am. There is plenty of time for us to get to the surgeon’s office provided there are no traffic accidents that close roads. I think that is highly unlikely. I know he is anxious about the meeting and I hope to go to yoga. If it is too stressful for him, I’ll skip yoga.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options

Debby VA- hair salon for Daughter point out every time son smiles “Doesn’t he look happier .” It will slowly sink in. Take them to a McDonald’s play area or the park a lot. Telling you a $1 side salad 🥗 for you y $1 burgers for them with waters well worth it to see them relax.Custody lawyer is important ASAP he doesn’t sound like the type to pay his child support with no job they may not ask him for any. Better to have custody so safer tho than money.Counseling if possible for both best is a family counselor that will play with toys talk to son then mom after.They guide so well but find a good fit if counselor not a good one ask for another! Watching fun movies as a family to other memory builders maybe find cheap guitar lessons or little league for the baby... helped me seeing the potential of leaving could build my Daughter future not tear it down! My family chipped in me too we stuck her in martial arts 🥋 y guitar 🎸. Lol she felt big with her new haircut y clothes her choice not the abusers! I did too had been dressing in burlap sacks with long split end hair so long I never knew I looked good. I hate to see pictures of my past so does Daughter. We went through over the years slowly tossed the bad memories ones only kept good ones. Why we held on to pictures of sad faces to visible bruises on us while at a persons wedding I never knew don’t know but their gone now. Tossed so many he’s erased might be 1 or 2 or none left. Will keep doing that until we only have the happy ones. I learned not to look back it doesn’t define me can only hold me back if I do. If it pops in my mind I remind myself wow look how far you’ve 2 have come. Only look at now y a little into the future. My family coming with me at first to counseling’s to lawyers even hair salons gave me the strength I needed being alone left to my already tired racing mind to wander y wonder where it shouldn’t go. Dad even gave me melatonin y herbal sleep teas for Daughter once rested wow you think clearer!

Hubby trying to switch to decaf coffee ☕️. He came home with creamy 70cal Bryers fudge bars. 5cal crystal light flavored teas. Making a lot of food changes now as the last of the fattening foods are getting used up only a few bad items coming in getting easier to eat healthy.

JRs tablet of Lord setting it ups a headache 🤕 I don’t recognize half the titles anymore. Well my Lord what’s 👧 girls? What’s boys? What’s unisex? I know who the Care Bears are but who’s these Disney Descendants? Telling you feeling old. I made a 2nd account so I can fully set it up ,but the 1st one he can play now it’s set for 2yr old I already purged it. The new account will be 2-13+ so I can raise age limit but not have to reset it up each time! Needing it to be set to 2-4yrs soon on 2 1/2birthday mark

Annie- Your meal sounds delicious 😋. Yummy
    Amber Tx