Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Missy~~

What a project you've got going! Good for you!

It is really nice to see your doggies in the photos. 😍

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Happy Tuesday, that feels like a Monday here at least.
    Missy - I agree with Lana - love your doggos and your project - good luck!
    Lurking...waves to all!
  • skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Good morning all!

Lana--good luck with your errands!
    Lynn--Yes, it really feels like a Monday, one where you've REALLY forgotten everything!
    Sara--It's so great that you're seeing success on the scale. I'm so glad your stress level is plummeting!
    Missy--What a fun project, and how great that you can have the side-benefit of getting exercise in while doing it!

As for me, it's back to school for my kiddo this morning. I got a ton done around the house yesterday in terms of food prep and getting the house in order for school. I'm hoping for a good week. Work will be super busy, but I just have to keep focused! I've got my healthy breakfast (frittata with lots of veggies and wild rice) and lunch (grilled chicken and veggies, plus quinoa) and two big glasses of water ready to go.

Have a great day everyone! Waving to all who follow and lurkers!
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Back at work today 😫 but i resisted having any lattes. Had black tea instead so feel virtuous that calorie count is ok but still not much calories left for dinner...need to get straight out and exercise as soon as get home or I will slouch on sofa and be tempted to eat. On train home at présent so I am trying not to talk myself out of exercising.. it is a battle.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

So Sara and Dawn and Kathryn and Lynn and Missy- I was talking to Leandro, and he feels that although we have been most fortunate in maintaining an entirely excellent staff here at The Cabana Club, it can never hurt to continue to scout out and around for a few more excellent Cabana Boys. Therefore, all of us are commissioned to be on the lookout for some new candidates, of varied ages he reminds me~~ *wink, wink* I would like to see a few silver-haired gentlemen on the staff~~

PS - No one has seen Mario in quite some time. We surmise he is on the Italian Riviera at present~~

Whew~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Thank you all... the work situation is odd, to say the least... there are 4 assistants (including me) and out of the 4, 2 of us actually work... the other 2 just keep seats warm, for the most part... Thursdays, the Dr's are only in until noon. That is supposed to be my day off. But, if I am not here, it leaves 1 working Assistant and a seat warmer...I try to not think about it, not my problem... but, because I am stuck with BOTH seat warmers on Fridays, I know how bad it sucks. And, honestly, some Thursday's can be crazy...we need an extra worker. Also, those seat warmers do NOT like to help others. And, because we have so few employees, we are supposed to cover each other's days off...2 of us do that with no problem, the other 2 are offended if we even ask.

I took off 1 day, just because.. they were so worried I wouldn't come back... in 2 years, I have accumulated over 100 hrs PTO...I used half of that to pay my bill when we lost our pup... still have 50+ hours... whenever I try to take time off, I am told no, because no one else will work for me. This has happened more often than not.

So many things go undone at the end of every day and I seem to be the only one trying. If the Dr's say anything, they just lump us all together, instead of pulling aside the problem children. So, they just don't care, and assume they're not the problem... in the mean time, i'm still working my butt off and being miserable...

Sorry again, I know this is long... just trying to explain my situation.... ugh
  • skinnytacular
    frenchfancy, if you commit to doing some activity right away tonight, I will commit to doing at least 10 minutes on the elliptical machine (in my basement) tonight. Deal?

arniedog (forgive me, I've forgotten your first name), I'm so sorry your work situation is so difficult. And I can see how hard you work at being a great co-worker. And that struggle between taking care of yourself and being the best co-worker you can be is really hard. Just remember you have to take care of yourself first in order to be effective. Otherwise you will burnout. Hang in there.
  • Deleted my old account after losing 85 lbs and gaining back about half of it over the last two years. I just kind of slowly quit. I want to get back on track again and live a more healthy life. Looking for friends to join with.
  • skinnytacular
    Welcome (back) Jeffrey! If you did it once, you can do it again!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    So Sara and Dawn and Kathryn and Lynn and Missy- I was talking to Leandro, and he feels that although we have been most fortunate in maintaining an entirely excellent staff here at The Cabana Club, it can never hurt to continue to scout out and around for a few more excellent Cabana Boys. Therefore, all of us are commissioned to be on the lookout for some new candidates, of varied ages he reminds me~~ *wink, wink* I would like to see a few silver-haired gentlemen on the staff~~

PS - No one has seen Mario in quite some time. We surmise he is on the Italian Riviera at present~~

Whew~~

Lana

I’ll be on the lookout for one or more

2rqrym5x8him.jpeg
    cgshag4umj2o.jpeg

• gemwolf110
    Deleted my old account after losing 85 lbs and gaining back about half of it over the last two years. I just kind of slowly quit. I want to get back on track again and live a more healthy life. Looking for friends to join with.

Welcome back!!!
  • gemwolf110
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Thank you all... the work situation is odd, to say the least... there are 4 assistants (including me) and out of the 4, 2 of us actually work... the other 2 just keep seats warm, for the most part... Thursdays, the Dr's are only in until noon. That is supposed to be my day off. But, if I am not here, it leaves 1 working Assistant and a seat warmer...I try to not think about it, not my problem... but, because I am stuck with BOTH seat warmers on Fridays, I know how bad it sucks. And, honestly, some Thursday's can be crazy...we need an extra worker. Also, those seat warmers do NOT like to help others. And, because we have so few employees, we are supposed to cover each other's days off...2 of us do that with no problem, the other 2 are offended if we even ask.

I took off 1 day, just because.. they were so worried I wouldn't come back... in 2 years, I have accumulated over 100 hrs PTO...I used half of that to pay my bill when we lost our pup... still have 50+ hours... whenever I try to take time off, I am told no, because no one else will work for me. This has happened more often than not.

So many things go undone at the end of every day and I seem to be the only one trying. If the Dr's say anything, they just lump us all together, instead of pulling aside the problem children. So, they just don't care, and assume they're not the problem... in the mean time, i'm still working my butt off and being miserable...

Sorry again, I know this is long... just trying to explain my situation.... ugh

Oh man that’s got to be draining on you and the working co-worker. Seat warmers are not fun unless they are in your car seats in the middle of winter. Please take time for you to recharge and to take care of yourself. ((Hugs))
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Missy - thank you for being "on the look out" - doesnt it make the day so much more of an adventure? Love the ground hog type animal (what is it) I was thinking marmot, but I dont know what that is........

fdxawkqxzdsv.png

all of them!!
  • gemwolf110

brennerjlb wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday, that feels like a Monday here at least.
    Missy - I agree with Lana - love your doggos and your project - good luck!
    Lurking...waves to all!

Missy~~

What a project you've got going! Good for you!

It is really nice to see your doggies in the photos. 😍

Lana

They were hilarious when digging up the grass they thought it was a game and would run and grab a chunk of grass and thrash it everywhere. Was quite hilarious I think they thought that they were getting away with being mischievous.

Here is the pit so far this morning.

zd17m9hotabc.jpeg
    s76xw8j0cb4e.jpeg
  • gemwolf110
    Good morning all!

Lana--good luck with your errands!
    Lynn--Yes, it really feels like a Monday, one where you've REALLY forgotten everything!
    Sara--It's so great that you're seeing success on the scale. I'm so glad your stress level is plummeting!
    Missy--What a fun project, and how great that you can have the side-benefit of getting exercise in while doing it!

As for me, it's back to school for my kiddo this morning. I got a ton done around the house yesterday in terms of food prep and getting the house in order for school. I'm hoping for a good week. Work will be super busy, but I just have to keep focused! I've got my healthy breakfast (frittata with lots of veggies and wild rice) and lunch (grilled chicken and veggies, plus quinoa) and two big glasses of water ready to go.

Have a great day everyone! Waving to all who follow and lurkers!

Hope you and the kids have a smooth transition into the school year. This summer went by so fast!
  • gemwolf110
    Missy - thank you for being "on the look out" - doesnt it make the day so much more of an adventure? Love the ground hog type animal (what is it) I was thinking marmot, but I dont know what that is........

fdxawkqxzdsv.png

all of them!!

Yup I did all of them too. Oh yes. There may be a couple of contestants but I got to vet them some more first. And it’s a meerkat in the picture.
  • Hi All. Sorry I've not been in much. Horrendous training day at work today followed by the very upsetting put to sleep of a friend's horse this evening. Plus I think I've got a cold coming.

Arniedog, that work situation just isn't sustainable. Don't be tempted to work yourself into the ground because others don't work at all. As my hubby is always telling me, they'll replace me right away if I die. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't make their problems your problems. Do what you can but look after you, nobody else will and you can't look after anyone if that job grinds you down.

Sorry to preach, please don't be offended, I've done it too ❤

Off for a relatively early night as feeling so poorly. Will catch up properly tomorrow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited September 2019
    Dawn - I just got done telling 2 ladies at work, the only person who will take care of you, is you. FOL said it better.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good piece of news - new job starts Oct 1st and not 27th as told by HR. I will still be reporting to same sup but doing new work. New sup today did say that if this is not a "fit" and sometimes it is not, that I am back at square one. I told her that was not something I am hoping for. Do they do this with new employees too? Wowie.

Celebrating the sooner change and moving on.

Turn on the disco music and burn some calories.......