Serial Starters

Replies

• frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    pj6td9jzdq1d.jpg

I thought this was good.

Really like this. Think I’ll print it off and stick it on my door.
  • frenchfancy2014
    Saturday here! Woo hoo. 🤗

Skinny hope your tricky lunch yesterday was ok. Thanks for sharing how you get motivated to exercise.

Nik- i have a difficult relative that talks about money all the time. I come up with ideas of topics to switch to in advance and if I can’t get her off the subject I make an excuse to leave the room ie toilet, call to make, just need to put laundry on! I must go to the toilet a hundred times 🤣🤣🤣 but it works to get off the subject. I find talking about them is also a good sidetracking device ie how are you? Ask about their friends. My experience is they love talking about health /ill health so I keep them on that :)) I don’t even finesse it - I just abruptly change subject:) hope that might help. I know how depressing it is. Just deny deny deny if she asks about weight. They can’t do much with a ‘no’. PS jealous you have kitten. Sounds so cute. I have my old faithful cat who is 17 and still thinks he’s a kitten 🐱 I dont have the time for a kitten with being out at work long hours and in France half the time. It wouldn’t be fair.

AMA - hope you can sort out your tricky situation. That’s so stressful to deal with. Big hug

Runa - hang in there. You’re having a tough time. Keep at it and hope this renovation gets finally finished so you are not surrounded by such noise and dust.

Sara - that’s a week done. Now you can chill and forget about such horrible weeks.

Waves to all lurking xxx

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog woke me up- best alarm clock.

Not too much planned (I prefer it that way) so when the urge to nap occurs, I can just do so.

Ribena is on sale at the International store near me. Only time I ever heard of it was in episode one of "The Vicar of Dibley" but a coworker who loves British things loves it, so when I saw it on sale I told her. Think Italian Soda with carbonated water and half and half. Or just with carbonated water. Hot day today/tomorrow - so need creative ways to get drinks in me. I can imagine it is high in sugar so light on the syrup.

Stubbed toe on chair leg trying to be "in a hurry", so foot is on ice gel pack for a bit. Rolling eyes, there was no fire, what was the rush??

Wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Good morning! Busy day ahead for be, but it’s a good kind of busy. It feels like fall here so I’m going to start my fall chores start with the house this morning since it’s raining after a go for a nice walk! Hopefully tomorrow’s weather will be better I have to get our chickens out to help clean up the garden!
  • skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Waving hi! I've got a busy morning--need to workout, get to my WW meeting (before I cancel!), hit up a used kids winter clothes sale, go to a workshop, go to a tailgating party, go to a football game. I'll post later. Worried about choices at tailgating party/football game. Will make the best choices I can. Love you all!

Runa--I loved my Misfit Shine. Tell me about your Ray. Does it operate on watch batteries like the shine? Can you swim and shower with it?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited September 2019
    I watch Premier League Soccer on the weekends and was screaming at the TV (so lady like !! ). Anyone who can put Manchester City in their place gets points in my book.

Trying to do some dejunking before I get too stuck to watching Acorn TV on the computer - trips to garbage bin count on my pedometer as well.

• Hi guys,

Quick pop in to apologise for being absent. Busy day with the parents and getting daughter the new long riding boots she's been drooling over for the last 2 years!

Hope everyone is okay as I haven't had a chance to read back! Had dinner out tonight to celebrate my parents' 45th wedding anniversary so hoping I've been careful enough not to break the run of losses I'm currently having!

Have a good evening all and I'll catch up tomorrow. 😘
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member

Saturday Peep!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Just took off socks and you can see where my toe is bruised, so back with the ice pack for a little bit.

Got my aromatherapy in mail and like the 3 new ones I picked, so 5 out of 5. Good deal.

Wishing all a good night.
  • skinnytacular
    Waving hi to all. Sara, sorry about your stubbed toe! Ow! The aromatherapy sounds lovely!

Hi Lana!

Nik--I hope celebratory dinner with your parents was a success, and joyous.

Ama--I hope your day of chores was fun.

I did okay with my busy day. Made decent, though not perfect, food choices. Got 20 mins on the elliptical machine in as well as 9000 steps.

We tried this Zero Point Turkey chili WW recipe by Chef Eric Greenspan and really liked it. 0 points.We didn't destem our jalapeno, we added in another can of beans because we didn't have any refried beans and had to add 2 extra cups of water, otherwise followed the recipe pretty closely. I squeezed a little lime juice in mine.

Here are the ingredients. Basically sautee the chopped vegetables about 20 minutes then put it all together in a pot and cook for about 30.

https://www.copymethat.com/r/lX954IA/turkey-chili-by-chef-eric-greenspan-0pts/
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Boy glad I am not taking typing test this morning, but then it is dark and I am not quite awake.

Niki - great job on dinner and scale!

Today is with any luck quiet after grocery shopping. Will do so house work as well. Focus on getting in a good nap.

BBL.
  • ama3387
    Good morning! Skinny yes I got most of the chores done I wanted. I got almost 20k steps yesterday between my chores and my walk in the morning. I love crisp fall mornings for walking! I hope everyone has a great day today! My days going to be incredibly busy and all of it revolves around food. Lunch at camp and then a football party for supper wish me luck!
  • skinnytacular
    Good morning all!

Did 20 mins on the elliptical and am now doing meal prep for the week. Chicken breast poaching in the slow cooker for quinoa hotdish and I'm making my child's lunches now. We'll also do frittata, grilled chicken, and bison chipotle meatloaf and various and sundry grilled veggies. Busy week with jury duty and plans three out of 5 evenings.

Ama--great job on the 20K steps plus chores!

Sara--I love a good Sunday nap! Maybe I'll get one in my while son is at flag football with my husband.

Nik--Congrats on the 2 lbs. I think the stew would be great with TVP crumbles in lieu of the turkey, actually.

Waving to Lana and all who lurk and follow!

• frenchfancy2014
    Hi Sunday pm here and looking at what I’ve not achieved this weekend but on plus side I had a lovely catch up with my old university friend, stayed over with her and went to their church in am today so feel good for having spent time with friends. Pussycat greeted me home with a cuddle at midday. Managed to put newly acquired/repolished antique hall table in hallway (that took some muscle) and put on eBay (first time ever for selling) the old hall furniture. Now really need to exercise so about to lace up trainers and go for a long walk. I’ve put off gardening but a walk will do me good and I can feel better on what achieved. Still logging food at least so that’s something. Waiting for my ordered Fitbit to arrive.

Hope you are all having fun Sundays.

Waves to all 😊
  • frenchfancy2014
    PS Did my walk😅big achievement for me. 58 mins and 3.27miles. Feeling better for having got off sofa. 👍
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    @skinnytacular “Runa--I loved my Misfit Shine. Tell me about your Ray. Does it operate on watch batteries like the shine? Can you swim and shower with it?”

I really like my Ray. It uses smaller button batteries - three of them. But my first set lasted for about five months before needing to be replaced. It is waterproof to a point. So you can shower and track swim strokes. I forget the depth limit, but it’s never caused me too many problems. There was a glitch with a couple updates. However, it suddenly came back in sync. The customer service folks were nice about it.

You can select to have it buzz to wake you up, remind you to move, or tell you if a call or text comes through. All the vibrations seemed the exact same to me, though, so I turned back off some of the options. You can select different tasks for a triple tap on your wrist. For example, I could select an option to take a picture. So I set up my phone and stood against the wall one day and did my progress pics by tapping on my Ray and it clicked the camera for me.

They are usually about $80. But they really had a good sale last fall and they never charge shipping so I got the Ray for about $11, some bands to change out the color and texture for about $6 and batteries for another $6 or so. Very much worth the investment.

Have a great week!
    Runa
  • frenchfancy2014
    Happy Monday everyone.

On train to work and a full on day ahead. Have my brother staying with me this eve so will need to make sure I don’t overeat.

Runa - thanks for info on Ray. I’m pondering what to buy as my Fitbit order was cancelled as they are out of stock. Going to investigate some more.

Waves to all.
  • ama3387
    Good morning! I hope everyone had a great day yesterday! I ate terrible yesterday and boy does my stomach hurt this morning because of it! Surprisingly the scale showed a loss this morning but I’m not believing by how bad I feel. Have a great day everyone!