Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • CharlieAnn31
    CharlieAnn31 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    exermom... yes, the word cancer scared me straight. that's why I've come to MFP and left weight watchers. MFP has more attention to healthy eating by telling you when you are under on a specific part of your diet or over. It has already told me I eat too much sugar, because of the fruit I eat, but under calories. Who'd of guessed.

ginnytez...I'm hoping they don't find a reason for me too. What part of Ohio are you from. I'm on he boarder of Lake County, right along the lake.

1948Peachy...Thanks for the welcome and well wishes. Sorry about the earring struggle. I know, I've been there. Even though my holes have been there for awhile when I change them sometimes I can't get them in again

JRsLateinlife...Your son looks adorable in that batman costume. I can't believe they lost your records at the hospital and expect you to drive around trying to find them. Even if you drove there they either have them or don't. Why drive there to find out they don't have them and if they have them they can and should mail it to then hospital that is asking.

Rho97070...yes, i'm taking iron 3 x day and eating more iron in my diet. i'm trying really hard to keep the iron up in my blood so they don't do a bone biopsy. I hate pain.

I was suppose to go to work tonight but doctors will not give me a pass to go back to work yet because they are afraid the hemoglobin may drop again. they wanted to wait a little longer before they draw the h and h and then they will give me the go ahead if I stayed the same or improved. Today is day 3 on MFP and they said I ate too much sugar because I ate 4 cups of grapes, but at the same time I did not get in enough calories. I don't know if I could increase my calories enough without increase of the sugar. I guess i'm still learning. I'm not trying to lose, just want to maintain and bring up my h and h, it would be wonderful if I lose a little while I do it but am not using that as my focus.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)<3:)<3
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today is Anne Bradstreet Day!

"Anne Bradstreet was the first accomplished woman poet in the New World and is seen as being one of the most important early American poets. In her work, she expressed her fondness for the craft of writing and spoke to the religious and emotional conflicts she felt as a female writer and Puritan. Today we celebrate her on the anniversary of her death, which took place in 1672. "The Tenth Muse Lately Sprung Up in America," a poetry volume published in 1650, contained many poems Bradstreet had written between 1635 and 1645. Many critics, who did not see women as being fit for writing poetry at the time, were surprised with the level of intelligence and wit in it."

Annie - My sweet husband once gave me a t-shirt that read, "Roses are #FF0000, violets are $0000FF, all my base are belong to you" for Valentine's Day!

Beth - Ooh, your Swiss chard ought to make lovely frittatas. Yum!

Allie - Thank you for the reminder that forgiveness is a choice. A lot of people in your situation would have taken the easy way and chosen not to forgive their former partners. Your generous spirit is such an inspiration.

Michelle - Perhaps a grandchild would want your rings some day, and you could will them to your daughter for safekeeping until it's time to pass them on? And what the heck is that all about with the will? You decide how to distribute your estate, and if they want to cover the baby the parents can transfer a share. That guy sounds high-handed to say the least but you can't control that so all you can do is focus on what you can do to protect and provide for your family.

Katla - I like underwire bras too. I know a lot of women don't, but I'm comfortable in them (until one of those danged wires ultimately escapes from its channel and sneaks out to poke me under the arm...

Bananas - So sorry to hear you got bad news about your contract. That is a ridiculous decision that will cost them far more than it would have to just implement the raise.

Janet - I don't know how it works in your state, but your husband should know that in the event of an intestate death most states will come in and decide what to do with your estate. And the estate will have to pay a lawyer to represent itself in those proceedings, too. It's far kinder to your survivors to leave some legal directives behind.

Welcome to all the newcomers! I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

We had a pretty good weekend. Ate more than usual but we also walked a lot. And I finally started on something I've been putting off. My parents' minister distributes a PDF called "My Love List," and it is basically a record of a whole bunch of stuff your family would need to know to deal with your estate. It has places to record insurance policy numbers; the location of wills, safe deposit boxes, and other documents; safe combinations; contact info for doctors, lawyers, accountants, etc.; information about any prepaid funeral arrangements; disposition of specific personal items you'd like to have your executor follow; your wishes as to favorite songs, passages, memorial service(s); and so on. The reason I'd been putting it off was because I didn't have all the information I needed, but then I remembered Voltaire's advice about the perfect being the enemy of the good. Even if I don't fill out every single box, having something in there is better than having nothing. I'm going to get it done and give a copy to my sister along with the combinations to the safe and filing cabinet. I handed a copy to Philip to complete too, and we'll give a copy of that to his parents.

We have so far to go in terms of getting this house decluttered and everything in order, but at least we're making progress and that feels good.

My goal this week is to get the motorcycle started (after a long sit) and then take a ride! We're finally getting into the season where I can contemplate riding without fearing a heatstroke.

-Yvonne in TX
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Too tired to comment much tonight. I do agree insurance is a problem in the US, I have been very fortunate to have employer provided that costs very little, but I know many people are not in this position.

Charlie-I live in the southwestern part of Ohio, so we are a distance a way!

Karen in Virginia - some positives for the ballerina. She sounds like a very smart child. Your granddaughter did well on her project.

Felicia - sending positive thoughts your way-you definitely have a lot going on.

Going to go into bed and try to stay awake and finish watching the football game. I admit it-lifelong Browns fan.

Ginny
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    I'm probably at "Winter when you wish it was Summer".

snmuht4nsedw.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    I struggle with writing a novel. Not sure if that's a goal or expectation or what. Sometimes I give it up entirely, but then it haunts me.

Annie in Delaware

I used to think I might write a novel ... or even short stories. And I did write a lot and submitted a few to contests, magazines, etc., but it just never went anywhere.

And then I discovered where my writing talent lies ... in technical manuals. Basically step by step instructions of how to use a program or do a process. Help documentation. I've written heaps of them over the past couple decades! I'm currently writing two.

While I occasionally think it might be nice to write a novel, it's quite possibly not my thing! And that's OK.

M in Oz.

• Machka9
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Regarding chicken pox, DH and I both had it as children. We both have a chicken pox scar in one of our eyebrows as well. Having chicken pox puts people at risk for shingles. I’ve had my shingles vaccinations; it is a series of two. DH is being an idiot about it. :ohwell:

Machka: I drink peppermint tea when I have a cold. It soothes and reduces my congestion. Chamomile tea works, too, but I like peppermint better. I hope you have something available that works for you. :flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Regarding vaccinations:

I will have to ask my Dr about the shingles vax here in Australia. I don't know if there is one.

I will also have to ask my Dr about a measles vax. In Canada and Australia, many people born between 1966 and 1994 will not have had measles or received two doses of a measles vaccine. I am one of those. I only received one dose.

Now, in 2016, I am about 90% sure I caught the measles. We had travelled to the mainland and had followed in the footsteps (so to speak) of a woman who had the measles ... from the Melbourne airport up to Shepparton ... during her contagious period. Exactly 14 days later, this happened ...
    93ip10jsrcb6.pngksqf6qx3paum.png

That rash is all raised and rough to the touch. And it was actually worse than that at one point. I'm sort of tolerating clothes in those photos. There were a couple days where I couldn't stand anything on me ... I was so painfully itchy. I couldn't even lie down, or sit down or anything. The doctor put me on a super strong allergy pill and a super strong painkiller so that I could sleep and those knocked me right out for about 3 days which was such a relief!

Since then, my skin has been super sensitive. I'm unable to wear wool anymore or anything that's even vaguely scratchy.

It was never 100% confirmed as measles because the doctor didn't think I was sick enough for measles. I had what I thought was a cold ... mild fever, cough, running nose, etc. ... but I was quite fit then. The reason we had gone to the mainland was for a 400 km randonnee (long distance bicycle ride). So maybe I didn't present as sick as the doctor imagined I should be.

Anyway, it's possible I've "had" the second dose of the measles vax because of that ... but the health department is rolling out vaccines to GPs now, so I'll ask about it. If what I had in 2016 wasn't measles ... I don't think I want measles!!

Machka in Oz
  • CathyMcMac
    CathyMcMac Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Women!
    Thanks for sharing about Anne Bradstreet. I always enjoy hearing about courageous women.
    Felicia, I have a gay son, too. His coming out was very freeing for him. Young people are pretty accepting. Times they are a changing.
    Three days on track. Thanks for being here, everyone.
    Cathy
  • Machka9
    Options
    Got my 1st ever Gyno visit scheduled for the 25th. They wanted records well don’t got none some info I have was being a baby in a hospital with Mom dead y Dad dementia doubt I’ll find out who saw me. Newer stuff they’re going to have to fax 📠 them.I don’t have time to drive to other towns get stuff with JRs car sickness! Plus not sure all they did exactly since it was after talk with Doctor lots of were going to oops nope can’t maybe next surgery talk during a few for sures. Supposed to reattach my bladder but since they had trouble catheterizing me not sure if it fell again. Hospital did a full scan of my uterus to make sure I had no internal bleeding so maybe they can access that too. Some doctors I tried they didn’t have all my records anymore so oh well. Can’t go by all that anyways this could be just a cyst! Or even scar tissue .

Amber Tx

You can usually contact your GP, the hospital, or other medical people and have them send the records anywhere you want ... like to your gynaecologist.

You might even be able to pop into your gynaecologist and fill out a form so that they can access those records.

Everything is online these days ... no faxing ... no driving ...

It's also a good idea to have your GP send you for a pelvic ultrasound prior to your gynaecologist appointment if your GP thinks there's something the gynaecologist will need to address.

M in Oz

• sagitterri63
    sagitterri63 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been using this app for almost 3 weeks now. I have had a couple of bad days but feel like I am doing pretty good.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Rho97070 wrote: »
    M in Oz
    IT ... my degree, should I successfully get it, is MITS ... Masters of Information Technology Systems.

Machka, you've demonstrated in this forum what a resourceful and self-determined that you are. Yet there's a smidgen of doubt about completing your Masters? Huh, what???

Do not believe that tiny voice! :wink:

Thank you! :heart:

I think I can do it. I've got a lot of education so there's no reason I can't do this.

The doubt comes from life. Life has a way of stepping in and messing up plans. When my husband had his accident, a few people assumed I'd quit going to uni but instead I forged ahead and did 4 courses that year ... the most I'd done in one year since I started this degree! I needed something for me to focus on that wasn't *brain injury*.

But it is possible something might happen where I have to give more care to my husband ... or maybe my employer will decide that me going to one class per semester is too much time ... or I could catch measles again (I got my lowest mark in the course I was taking during that time) ... or there was one instructor who gave me a bad scare almost 2 years ago when he gave us all a final exam that wasn't related to the course. It was appealed and ended well but yikes!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Happy Monday. I had a good weekend as I took and passed the motorcycle class and now have my license. It was a lot harder then I expected, but learned things and am happy.

Congratulations!! :)

missezkbee wrote: »
    Good evening, all.

I’m very pleased with my weight loss... 26.5 pounds since July 7th.

Also congratulations!! :)

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    ydailey wrote: »
    And I finally started on something I've been putting off. My parents' minister distributes a PDF called "My Love List," and it is basically a record of a whole bunch of stuff your family would need to know to deal with your estate. It has places to record insurance policy numbers; the location of wills, safe deposit boxes, and other documents; safe combinations; contact info for doctors, lawyers, accountants, etc.; information about any prepaid funeral arrangements; disposition of specific personal items you'd like to have your executor follow; your wishes as to favorite songs, passages, memorial service(s); and so on. The reason I'd been putting it off was because I didn't have all the information I needed, but then I remembered Voltaire's advice about the perfect being the enemy of the good. Even if I don't fill out every single box, having something in there is better than having nothing. I'm going to get it done and give a copy to my sister along with the combinations to the safe and filing cabinet. I handed a copy to Philip to complete too, and we'll give a copy of that to his parents.

-Yvonne in TX

I have some of this together, but need to put it all together. I'm kind of looking for a template of some sort to work with. You're right that everything doesn't need to be filled in perfectly, but it's good to get started.

M in Oz

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Vicki – congrats on getting your license

Felicia – you sure have had a lot to deal with. (((HUG)))

Karen in VA – wonderful news about the little ballerina. What an artist you have in the family!

Welcome everyone new

Went to ceramics and picked up Sleepy and Happy. Then mahjongg where I maj’d once.

Michele in NC

Happy:

1c5av7la9htc.jpg

Sleepy:

8x1pp2moakwd.jpg

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)