Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveauAliNouveau Posts: 34,341Member Member Posts: 34,341Member Member
    Happy Friday!!! My boy has a day off school today so it's a mom boy day. What shall we do.....
    Oh ya go buy a turkey since it's Thanksgiving on Monday hahaha. Exactly what an 11 year old wants to do. Have a great weekend friends
  • TomFit18TomFit18 Posts: 2,490Member Member Posts: 2,490Member Member
    Good morning peeps! Have a fantastic Friday!
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Friday!!! My boy has a day off school today so it's a mom boy day. What shall we do.....
    Oh ya go buy a turkey since it's Thanksgiving on Monday hahaha. Exactly what an 11 year old wants to do. Have a great weekend friends

Could be a great day for you two! Have a great weekend and enjoy Thanksgiving!
    TomFit18 wrote: »
    Good morning peeps! Have a fantastic Friday!

Could be a great day for you two! Have a great weekend and enjoy Thanksgiving!

thanks
    he wants to just play minecraft apparently. We're going for a no meds day so he eats so I'll find something fun for us to do otherwise I'll go insane
  • kdhailekdhaile Posts: 14Member Member Posts: 14Member Member
    45 yr old man looking to start off losing 30 (well 33.9 from scale today :() Have used MFP in the past with good results (10-15 lbs) and looking to start back up. Going to the gym 1-2 days a week and recently completed my weight light plan. Feel free to add me as I need the motivation to keep going and can help you to keep going.
  • IslandGal3IslandGal3 Posts: 1,651Member Member Posts: 1,651Member Member
    Have an awesome weekend, y'all. Gotta' walk the pup everyday. Taking her on her first hike tomorrow.

What's on your fun list for the weekend?

We're having our second annual Witches on the River event. (Witches paddleboarding/kayaking) All the locals gather on their piers, and on the bridge to watch. It's good exercise, and a lot of fun!
    Enjoy your hike!
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Have an awesome weekend, y'all. Gotta' walk the pup everyday. Taking her on her first hike tomorrow.

We're having our second annual Witches on the River event. (Witches paddleboarding/kayaking) All the locals gather on their piers, and on the bridge to watch. It's good exercise, and a lot of fun!
    Enjoy your hike!

That sounds fun

So far I've repaired a toilet paper holder, I picked all my green tomatoes and I'm making a chutney. I will be cooking much of today and tomorrow because I'm hosting Thanksgiving on Monday. Anyone want to come? There will be ham and turkey two ways
    Good morning peeps .... hope you all have a great day !
  • annliz23annliz23 Posts: 430Member Member Posts: 430Member Member

Enjoy your hike!

That sounds fun

So far I've repaired a toilet paper holder, I picked all my green tomatoes and I'm making a chutney. I will be cooking much of today and tomorrow because I'm hosting Thanksgiving on Monday. Anyone want to come? There will be ham and turkey two ways

Oh the chutney sounds great do you have a recipe?
    annliz23 wrote: »

Enjoy your hike!

That sounds fun

Oh the chutney sounds great do you have a recipe?

I just searched on Google and used what I saw as a guide. I *kitten* vinegar, brown sugar, mustard powder, fresh ginger, red onion and boiled it forever
  • VersicolourVersicolour Posts: 5,937Member Member Posts: 5,937Member Member
    Busy Saturday. Black belt grading prep then printing for work. Studying all afternoon followed by a massage (giving, not receiving). Now it is time to start supper
  • MacMomma8MacMomma8 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Hey! I just joined MFP, and hoping to join this group to connect and share ideas.
  • Cventura0513Cventura0513 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Hello everybody, my name is Claudia. This is my first time posting in forum.

Anybody from Las Vegas, NV?
  • mcemino2mcemino2 Posts: 330Member, Premium Member Posts: 330Member, Premium Member
    Happy Monday. Fell off the wagon pretty hard the last couple weeks, weight back up to 192 this morning. Ready to get back into the groove. Joining a new gym this week, so a little nervous about that, but it is more like a real gym and not a social club like the Planet Fitness I just left.
    Good morning peeps! Hope you all had a great weekend! Back to reality...hope you all have great Monday!
  • IslandGal3IslandGal3 Posts: 1,651Member Member Posts: 1,651Member Member
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    Happy Monday. Fell off the wagon pretty hard the last couple weeks, weight back up to 192 this morning. Ready to get back into the groove. Joining a new gym this week, so a little nervous about that, but it is more like a real gym and not a social club like the Planet Fitness I just left.

It happens to us all. Deep breath....and begin again. Enjoy the new gym!
  • pecabonitaspecabonitas Posts: 150Member, Premium Member Posts: 150Member, Premium Member

I am all too familiar with falling off the wagon.... nothing beats a failure but a try..... it really is impossible to fail if you do not quit.... I have been gaining and losing for over 15 years..... I know that is really bad, but what can I do but to try again? I can go to all the doctors who scare me and tell me I’m slowly killing myself.... I can talk to those who care about me and tell me hard things for me to swallow as well but real change doesn’t come until you make that decision in your mind, and you did! You caught it and you’re doing something about it so kudos to you! We can and we will do this!

Hey Mike you'll be great. Just cause it's a "real" gym doesn't mean people won't be friendly and helpful. I find in this situations you find that more. You will find your spot
  • debzd72debzd72 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Hi, 46, desperately wanting to lose weight and tone up, any advice on finding some motivation? I love food and hate the gym 🤔