The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    annliz23 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Have an awesome weekend, y'all. Gotta' walk the pup everyday. Taking her on her first hike tomorrow.

What's on your fun list for the weekend?

We're having our second annual Witches on the River event. (Witches paddleboarding/kayaking) All the locals gather on their piers, and on the bridge to watch. It's good exercise, and a lot of fun!
    Enjoy your hike!

That sounds fun

So far I've repaired a toilet paper holder, I picked all my green tomatoes and I'm making a chutney. I will be cooking much of today and tomorrow because I'm hosting Thanksgiving on Monday. Anyone want to come? There will be ham and turkey two ways

Oh the chutney sounds great do you have a recipe?

I just searched on Google and used what I saw as a guide. I *kitten* vinegar, brown sugar, mustard powder, fresh ginger, red onion and boiled it forever
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Busy Saturday. Black belt grading prep then printing for work. Studying all afternoon followed by a massage (giving, not receiving). Now it is time to start supper
  • MacMomma8
    MacMomma8 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey! I just joined MFP, and hoping to join this group to connect and share ideas.
  • Cventura0513
    Cventura0513 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everybody, my name is Claudia. This is my first time posting in forum.

Anybody from Las Vegas, NV?
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Happy Monday. Fell off the wagon pretty hard the last couple weeks, weight back up to 192 this morning. Ready to get back into the groove. Joining a new gym this week, so a little nervous about that, but it is more like a real gym and not a social club like the Planet Fitness I just left.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Good morning peeps! Hope you all had a great weekend! Back to reality...hope you all have great Monday!
  • pecabonitas
    pecabonitas Posts: 153 Member
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    Happy Monday. Fell off the wagon pretty hard the last couple weeks, weight back up to 192 this morning. Ready to get back into the groove. Joining a new gym this week, so a little nervous about that, but it is more like a real gym and not a social club like the Planet Fitness I just left.

I am all too familiar with falling off the wagon.... nothing beats a failure but a try..... it really is impossible to fail if you do not quit.... I have been gaining and losing for over 15 years..... I know that is really bad, but what can I do but to try again? I can go to all the doctors who scare me and tell me I’m slowly killing myself.... I can talk to those who care about me and tell me hard things for me to swallow as well but real change doesn’t come until you make that decision in your mind, and you did! You caught it and you’re doing something about it so kudos to you! We can and we will do this!
  • AliNouveau
    mcemino2 wrote: »

Hey Mike you'll be great. Just cause it's a "real" gym doesn't mean people won't be friendly and helpful. I find in this situations you find that more. You will find your spot
  • debzd72
    debzd72 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, 46, desperately wanting to lose weight and tone up, any advice on finding some motivation? I love food and hate the gym 🤔
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    debzd72 wrote: »
    Hi, 46, desperately wanting to lose weight and tone up, any advice on finding some motivation? I love food and hate the gym 🤔
    You don't have to go to the gym to lose weight. Just burn more calories than you eat. Lots of folks here have lost weight without intense exercise. Start logging your food every day. After a couple of weeks, you can look at your diary and start making changes to your food intake.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    52 here, always willing to chat about fitness and health. Been at this for awhile and welcome new friends.
  • ccookie1111
    ccookie1111 Posts: 9 Member
    Hey all. Happy rainy Monday from Alabama. Today is the day that I am starting (yet again) back on plan. I am thinking I will take baby steps and start with lazy keto. Would love to have new friends for sharing motivation and info. Have a good one.
  • Analhself
    Analhself Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I am new on this forums (not to MFP). I would like to add accountability friends. In the past, like 5 years ago, you could do a search with people that had a similar journey to yours (Pounds to lose, age, etc...) is that still around?
    What would be a good place to start?
    Guidance will be greatly appreciated! :smile:
  • AliNouveau
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians. I need to get up and start cooking. I've done lots of prep already.

Two more days and I get my surgery. In two days I'll be at the hospital getting ready. Eek.

The big day is almost here. We will be here cheering you on while you're on the road to recovery.
    I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Eat all the goodies!

Awww thanks you are too kind
    We were just debating whether to keep the boy home from school That day. He's really sensitive and I worry he might be upset at school. He's used to his grandparents having surgeries but it's different with mom
  • SouthShore40ish
    SouthShore40ish Posts: 11 Member
    45 year old from Mass. looking for a few more loggers. I am just jumping back on after a several months of half assing it. 😂
    Thanks
    Jim
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Mission accomplished
    xw59qz78wb0v.jpg

Mission accomplished

Well done 👏👏