Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• pecabonitaspecabonitas Posts: 151Member, Premium Member Posts: 151Member, Premium Member
    debzd72 wrote: »
    Hi, 46, desperately wanting to lose weight and tone up, any advice on finding some motivation? I love food and hate the gym 🤔

That makes the two of us! 😂 I have not worked out in 3 weeks but I’ve been consistently losing because of my healthy eating.... your nutrition is 80% of your weight loss. You can do it!
  • drmwcdrmwc Posts: 221Member, Premium Member Posts: 221Member, Premium Member
    Have a great day everyone.

It's my birthday. My age is now a highly composite number (on https://oeis.org/A002182, if anyone wants to know. I am not in my 30s...)

I forgot to book doing anything today, but I am off to see the Pixies in Barcelona next week.

• slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Posts: 226,433Member Member Posts: 226,433Member Member
    drmwc wrote: »

It's my birthday. My age is now a highly composite number (on https://oeis.org/A002182, if anyone wants to know. I am not in my 30s...)

I forgot to book doing anything today, but I am off to see the Pixies in Barcelona next week.

Happy Birthday 🎁🎊🎉🎈
  • RiderOfWesternRiderOfWestern Posts: 7,801Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter MFP Moderator Posts: 7,801Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter MFP Moderator

Happy Birthday!!
  • Pinnacle1974Pinnacle1974 Posts: 8Member, Premium Member Posts: 8Member, Premium Member
    45 but going on strong :)
  • TomFit18TomFit18 Posts: 2,501Member Member Posts: 2,501Member Member
    Good morning peeps! Happy Tuesday...hope you all have a great day!
  • PruneJuice2point0PruneJuice2point0 Posts: 308Member Member Posts: 308Member Member
    I think i just found my people! ..and i see familiar faces here too.
  • bhop2982bhop2982 Posts: 9Member Member Posts: 9Member Member
    Hi everyone - been using MFP on an off for almost 2 years now... managed to lose 25 lbs (180-->155), but put on 5 in the last year - Now, I'm within 10 lbs of my "goal weight" (147) but I am pretty happy with where I'm at so those last 10 are haaaaaaaard! My real goal is that I'd like do be able to do a chin-up and I am so close, but I imagine it'd be a whole lot easier if I lost those last 10 lbs!

I've read that having friends on here with similar goals can help with motivation and accountability - so please friend me! I plan to be on here every day until at least Christmas :)
  • IslandGal3IslandGal3 Posts: 1,736Member Member Posts: 1,736Member Member

Are you old enough to be in here? 😉

I hope you have a wonderful birthday!
  • emilpohlemilpohl Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    Oh Gosh - does this mean I'm middle aged?

That happened quickly :neutral:
  • PruneJuice2point0PruneJuice2point0 Posts: 308Member Member Posts: 308Member Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »

Hey there Mrs Maryland.. Aren't i older than you???
    @Islandgal13
  • CaliValleyGirlCaliValleyGirl Posts: 618Member Member Posts: 618Member Member
    I'm 43, but I don't feel middle aged
    IslandGal3 wrote: »

Hey there Mrs Maryland.. Aren't i older than you???
    @Islandgal13

No way. I'm an old witch.
  • webersusan558webersusan558 Posts: 14Member, Premium Member Posts: 14Member, Premium Member
    How do I join this group. I will be 50 in March and need some like aged peeps to motivate and keep me accountable as well as get ideas
  • Sweets419JourneySweets419Journey Posts: 19Member Member Posts: 19Member Member
    Looking for friends to help keep motivated
  • Sweets419JourneySweets419Journey Posts: 19Member Member Posts: 19Member Member
    Im 37 and have found this journey to be a crazy roller coaster. I started Jan 2017 at 340lbs.. I have hit 100lbs lost which im very excited about but I have been stuck last 3 to 4 month. I just had rotator cuff and Ankle surgery in the last 2 weeks so bedridden 6 weeks and terrified that I'm going to gain back some weight. So looking for friends to help along the way🌺💜
  • TomFit18TomFit18 Posts: 2,501Member Member Posts: 2,501Member Member
    Hey peeps! Hope you all had a great day !
  • VersicolourVersicolour Posts: 5,967Member Member Posts: 5,967Member Member
    How do I join this group. I will be 50 in March and need some like aged peeps to motivate and keep me accountable as well as get ideas

You just did. Welcome!

I have to fill in an application for my black belt grading and it includes my height and weight 🙈 I'm putting off filling that in. Hoping I can lose a few more kg in the next 2 days 😝