The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians. I need to get up and start cooking. I've done lots of prep already.

Two more days and I get my surgery. In two days I'll be at the hospital getting ready. Eek.

The big day is almost here. We will be here cheering you on while you're on the road to recovery.
    I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Eat all the goodies!

Awww thanks you are too kind
    We were just debating whether to keep the boy home from school That day. He's really sensitive and I worry he might be upset at school. He's used to his grandparents having surgeries but it's different with mom

Awww. I hope he doesn't have any issues.

My brother is coming to town to help out and they are like twins so he'll have a fun time. I'm thinking part of keeping him off school is for me too. He's my buddy and will make sure to hold my hand if I'm nervous.....when I'm nervous
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Mission accomplished
    xw59qz78wb0v.jpg

Mission accomplished

Way to go. I had a couple of friends do this
  • ourpeanuts2
    ourpeanuts2 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all! Just turned 40 back in June. Loosing weight, eating healthy, staying on track and motivated are not my strong points. Loosing weight even when I have tried eating healthy and doing good workouts resulted in no changes except bigger calf muscles which I didnt need as they are super strong and big and never seem to fully relax. Anyway, I joined in order to help my urology dr see how much water I am drinking daily and what my sodium intake is. Im hoping that by starting off with this I can maybe get onto a better grasp of healthy eating and exercising. P.s. I have been the same weight since my youngest child was born 17yrs ago. Ugh. Now that 17yr old has celiac disease and we eat gluten free meals together. I however, still eat regular foods and she sticks to her diet. Look forward to getting to know some of you!
  • inspiredjen34
    inspiredjen34 Posts: 63 Member
    jryd14 wrote: »
    Not there yet, got a few more years to shave off
    zxa7b6hk1bhv.jpg

Great Transformation!!!
  • shanonlh
    shanonlh Posts: 20 Member
    I've been off track for quite sometime. It's now time to get back on track and get back to healthy mind, body and soul. I'm ready to make this happen once and for all! For me. For my family. For my life. Would love to meet new friends so we can motivate and inspire one another. Feel free to add me:) Thanks!
  • pecabonitas
    pecabonitas Posts: 153 Member
    debzd72 wrote: »
    Hi, 46, desperately wanting to lose weight and tone up, any advice on finding some motivation? I love food and hate the gym 🤔

That makes the two of us! 😂 I have not worked out in 3 weeks but I’ve been consistently losing because of my healthy eating.... your nutrition is 80% of your weight loss. You can do it!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Have a great day everyone.

It's my birthday. My age is now a highly composite number (on https://oeis.org/A002182, if anyone wants to know. I am not in my 30s...)

I forgot to book doing anything today, but I am off to see the Pixies in Barcelona next week.

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    drmwc wrote: »
    Have a great day everyone.

It's my birthday. My age is now a highly composite number (on https://oeis.org/A002182, if anyone wants to know. I am not in my 30s...)

I forgot to book doing anything today, but I am off to see the Pixies in Barcelona next week.

Happy Birthday 🎁🎊🎉🎈
  • Pinnacle1974
    Pinnacle1974 Posts: 8 Member
    45 but going on strong :)
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Good morning peeps! Happy Tuesday...hope you all have a great day!
  • PruneJuice2point0
    PruneJuice2point0 Posts: 305 Member
    I think i just found my people! ..and i see familiar faces here too.
  • bhop2982
    bhop2982 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi everyone - been using MFP on an off for almost 2 years now... managed to lose 25 lbs (180-->155), but put on 5 in the last year - Now, I'm within 10 lbs of my "goal weight" (147) but I am pretty happy with where I'm at so those last 10 are haaaaaaaard! My real goal is that I'd like do be able to do a chin-up and I am so close, but I imagine it'd be a whole lot easier if I lost those last 10 lbs!

I've read that having friends on here with similar goals can help with motivation and accountability - so please friend me! I plan to be on here every day until at least Christmas :)
  • emilpohl
    emilpohl Posts: 1 Member
    Oh Gosh - does this mean I'm middle aged?

That happened quickly :neutral:
  • PruneJuice2point0
    PruneJuice2point0 Posts: 305 Member
    I think i just found my people! ..and i see familiar faces here too.

Are you old enough to be in here? 😉

Hey there Mrs Maryland.. Aren't i older than you???
    @Islandgal13
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    I'm 43, but I don't feel middle aged
  • webersusan558
    webersusan558 Posts: 14 Member
    How do I join this group. I will be 50 in March and need some like aged peeps to motivate and keep me accountable as well as get ideas
  • Sweets419Journey
    Sweets419Journey Posts: 19 Member
    Looking for friends to help keep motivated
  • Sweets419Journey
    Sweets419Journey Posts: 19 Member
    Im 37 and have found this journey to be a crazy roller coaster. I started Jan 2017 at 340lbs.. I have hit 100lbs lost which im very excited about but I have been stuck last 3 to 4 month. I just had rotator cuff and Ankle surgery in the last 2 weeks so bedridden 6 weeks and terrified that I'm going to gain back some weight. So looking for friends to help along the way🌺💜