WHY do people CHEAT?

Options

Replies

• isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    For me personally it happened during a dull point in the relationship when I was at a bit of a low. There was someone I'd known my entire life and as her and I got to talking it came out that we had always had a bit of thing for each other since we were kids. Temptation got the best of us and it happened, numerous times. We eventually decided it couldn't go on and stopped meeting up, which lead to us not talking as often any longer. It's a little awkward now seeing her at family gatherings but she's my cousin and makes great potato salad so what are you going to do?

This potato salad.

Is tossed.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    For me personally it happened during a dull point in the relationship when I was at a bit of a low. There was someone I'd known my entire life and as her and I got to talking it came out that we had always had a bit of thing for each other since we were kids. Temptation got the best of us and it happened, numerous times. We eventually decided it couldn't go on and stopped meeting up, which lead to us not talking as often any longer. It's a little awkward now seeing her at family gatherings but she's my cousin and makes great potato salad so what are you going to do?

This potato salad.

Is tossed.

Oh dear.

• Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Cause “Cheaty McCheatface” looks hilarious on a “Hello, my name is,,,” tag
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Cause “Cheaty McCheatface” looks hilarious on a “Hello, my name is,,,” tag

Answer found. Thread over. :laugh:
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 246 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I messed up the quotes and now can't delete. 😳
  • Finishiitnow
    Finishiitnow Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Maybe human beings are not made to be with just one person. Are we?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Those human beings who feel that they aren't "made" to be with one person shouldn't pretend to be something they're not. Just be perpetually single and sow those wild oats forever, don't mess with someone else's emotions.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Those human beings who feel that they aren't "made" to be with one person shouldn't pretend to be something they're not. Just be perpetually single and sow those wild oats forever, don't mess with someone else's emotions.

100% agree.

All those cheaters and polyamorous people should just stay single.
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    GaryRuns wrote: »

I think human beings are complex enough that you can't use a blanket statement about our sexual behavior. Some people are undoubtedly well suited to monogamy, some people undoubtedly are not. You probably need to view it the way a lot of people are starting to view sexual preference, on a sliding scale. Some people are straight, some people are gay, and some people are in between. In a similar way, some people are monogamous, some are polygamous, and some are in between.

Personally, in my life, I've really tried to get to a point where I don't judge anybody that's not doing something illegal. I personally think cheating is wrong, but I can't put out a blanket statement like "Everyone who cheats is a bad person." I've made far too many mistakes in my own life to judge anyone else.

I agree. For some monogamy is what works and what they want. For others, not. Ultimately it comes down to know oneself and communicating as best you can with others.
  • Finishiitnow
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I just wonder what are the thoughts that pass before, during and after having an affair?
    The feelings of excitement, pleasure, fear and regret combined must be a unique situation.
    Your thoughts?
  • Finishiitnow
    Options
    GaryRuns wrote: »

I think human beings are complex enough that you can't use a blanket statement about our sexual behavior. Some people are undoubtedly well suited to monogamy, some people undoubtedly are not. You probably need to view it the way a lot of people are starting to view sexual preference, on a sliding scale. Some people are straight, some people are gay, and some people are in between. In a similar way, some people are monogamous, some are polygamous, and some are in between.

Personally, in my life, I've really tried to get to a point where I don't judge anybody that's not doing something illegal. I personally think cheating is wrong, but I can't put out a blanket statement like "Everyone who cheats is a bad person." I've made far too many mistakes in my own life to judge anyone else.

I sincerely admire that capacity of free judgment. That is awesome
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I just wonder what are the thoughts that pass before, during and after having an affair?
    The feelings of excitement, pleasure, fear and regret combined must be a unique situation.
    Your thoughts?

I've always heard that the opportunity presents itself first, then the justifications (my partner isn't making an effort, my partner doesn't meet my needs, etc) follow.
  • dunenoret
    dunenoret Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Are we as mammals designed to be monogamous?
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    dunenoret wrote: »

“designed”?
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options

“designed”?

ya like maybe the aliens that colonized the planet wanted the monkeys to eventually develop a society that gave tax breaks and/or better divorce settlements if u didn’t cheat like macaroni penguins and gibbons
    If i were the marrying kind I’d set my heart on you.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

“designed”?

Helllloooo!!

You haven't heard of Dolce & Gabbana? (they designed my pecs)

...... Glutes by Versace.

Abs by.... Colonel Sanders