Serial Starters

Replies

• frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    How lovely he knew you Runa. That is so precious. I lost my dear Dad from a rapid dementia at the start of this year and the one big blessing I had was he knew me right til the end. So many don’t get that luxury with such a God awful disease.

. We’re now in middle of losing my partner’s father to terminal cancer so I echo your thoughts that I’ll be glad to see the back of 2019.

Safe home and look after yourself. That’s a lot of grief and loss to deal with, including your Dad as in dementia you lose the person you know before they have died.

Big hugs to you ❤️❤️❤️
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Long week, just glad the work part is almost over.

Lynn, I feel for your sister. 2019 has been such a disaster for me, where would one start trying to reconstruct a life?? At least there are options if this proves a productive option.

Party last night neighbor also needs to find new apt. She is retired and considered "senior citizen" by most standards and there is senior housing available, she doesnt want to move, doesnt understand why and is not an easy person to deal with when she is angry. I told her to speak to the assist mgr.......she sat next to me and kept all the other people away... do NOT want her as a neighbor when we move.

Hey, anyone have weekend plans? How is the Bay Area Lana??

Off to finish my morning routine and find some more sleep. Trainer is busy today so lurking is possible.

Wave to all who follow.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning...well almost afternoon and HAPPY FRIDAY!
    No real plans for the weekend. Clean up the yard a bit. Had a killing frost this weekend. The plus is no more mowing lawn. The minus - winter is knocking at our door.
    Thinking of all of you going through rough patches. Life is darn hard sometimes. Don't forget to be grateful...even if for something small. It helps get through the things we are not grateful for.

Hello to all! Lurking...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    NSV this morning, left the chocolate jumbo muffin alone for someone else and ate a mini muffin instead.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Sara- glad you like your goodies... donut and sweet smells are the best...I spent yesterday making samples of wax... house smelled amazing
  • arniedog74
    Lana- thanks for the peep... hope your visit is going well.

Sara- glad you made it thru another week. Sorry about the trainer. Some people just are not good trainers..I am some people.. and, way to go with NSV!

Lynn- hope you have a good weekend... no frost here, yet... but, been chilly mornings..

Runa- HUGS! That is wonderful that your Dad remembered you. My Grandpa had a similar brain disease... he almost always remembered me... but, the times he didn't really hurt... mostly, because I could see the frustration in his eyes... made me hurt for him... sorry your trip wasn't for a better reason... but, what an amazing friend you are..

French- sorry about your partners father... cancer is an SOB... it touches too many people's lives...I only knew 1 person, growing up that had cancer and, I was really young (8 or 9) now, every time I turn around, someone I know has/ had it...DH lost a cousin, last year, a good friend 2 months ago and, my Grandma was just diagnosed... just not fair..

Kathryn- soo sorry about your step mom.. death brings out the worst in people... sadly...I hope that you all are included in the funeral.. if not, I do agree with the memorial idea... that Cal is such a handsome dude!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SATURDAY

Good morning.

I almost wrote Sunday, no my weekend has 2 days.

Will make a "paper chalkboard" for a work decoration this weekend. Figure to do while watching soccer?

Food plans are a little squirrely so I may surprise myself.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Good morning All~~

Kathryn - my condolences on the passing of your step mother. Big hugs 🤗
    Callahan is indeed a handsome boy!

Runa - So sorry to hear of the passing of your friend--so young! 🤗 hang in there dear~ You do have a lot going on, and it will be good to get back to your routine.

Laura - I can't find the right words about partner and father. Cancer is awful. 🤗

Sara - I LOVE the thing about a balanced life (chocolate)!

My sister's surgery went very well: both ovaries and fallopian tubes removed, no cancer! 🎉 She and I are at some risk for OC, and now that's one less thing she'll ever worry about.
    While she is recovering, on a lark, we've been watching the old Dynasty series - OMG what a hoot! All those shoulder pads and big hair!!!! 🤣

Waving to Dawn and Lynn and Missy and Tracy in Tennessee and Tracey in Edmonton and Nikki and Skinny and Ama and Saltine~~~

*tossing beach bag and spy novel onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Lana- so good to hear about sister! Glad you are there with her...

Sara- hope you did find good food...

A local seafood shop was having an Anniversary Sale.."Complimentary Shrimp Boil" was the lure.. that consisted of 4 large shrimp, 2 tiny potatoes, a slice of sausage and a small piece of corn on the cob...grrr... it was delicious enough for us to buy some and bring home... just a little disappointed about the "Complimetary" part... was a bit of a drive... oh well, we will have dinner for a couple nights... could be worse
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Father is willing to pay for the change in rent which makes getting my next apt a little easier. Will go to hardware store and get moving boxes to pack a little and the little feet you put on furniture so they dont scratch.

Dawn - was the complimentary part that they cooked it?? At least you are set for a couple of meals.

Dog to Vet for f/u - then hardware store.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Sara~~

Hello to everybody~~

*putting up little flag for Cabana Boy to refill the coffee*

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Sara- I guess so. Not sure why I expected different. But, it was good and yes, we do have enough for a couple meals... hope all went well with Miss T and hardware store visit...

Lana- hugs! Hope your sister is doing well..

Today was a stay at home kinda day... did some laundry, worked on a Halloween project, got Scentsy goodies ready for delivery, watched scary movies and, just relaxed... not ready to go back to work, tomorrow... but, I'll make it...

Have a good evening all..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Weigh in is holding steady, now to stop eating extra food so much.....

Kathryn, go for yourself and your side of the family.

Got a new humidifier and slept very well last night. Boxes to pack /repack things and so I can get this move going slowly.

Hoping to get the cooking done tonight I meant to do yesterday - nap was more important.

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Monday.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    on my way in to work, saw a giant nearly double rainbow. then huge storms rolling through this morning. its dark as night outside and the rain is coming down in sheets. its really loud.

have been so bad lately with the emotional eating and the near binging. DH insists on having junk food in house. Its difficult to ignore it. last night it was the peanut M&Ms. if i eat one, then i end up eating 50! i know better but somehow cannot stop myself.

made the promise to exercise after work only to turn my ankle. right now its hurting when i walk. i may have to do elliptical or ride bike instead. will see how ankle feels at the end of the day.
  • LanaCabana537

Kathryn - You were fortunate to see the double rainbow! What a pain about your ankle. 😰

Sara - That is so great that you got a good night's sleep and have that new humidifier. Very important!

My sister took me to the YMCA--she lounged by the pool while I did 45 minutes of water exercise on my own. The weather here is so beautiful today.

Waving to everyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Dog got me up early to go out. Fair enough I passed out on her and she didnt get her last outing......

Trying to substitute water/herb tea for a couple of my cups of tea/coffee - maybe why I passed out last night? See if that will change the scale a little.

Back for more sleep after breakfast. Wave to all who follow.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    A friend surprised me with tickets to see Elton John this weekend. She thought I needed cheering up. I was floored. So this weekend will be major emotion swings from concert to funeral.
  • LanaCabana537
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    A friend surprised me with tickets to see Elton John this weekend. She thought I needed cheering up. I was floored. So this weekend will be major emotion swings from concert to funeral.

Kathryn - You have one amazing friend!!! Wow!

Lana
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Hi... I'm PrincessTinyheart, and I'm a serial starter.

I am hitting it slow but steady... I have a game plan... now I just have to stick with it.

Glad to see I'm not the only one!