Random Thought For the Day

Replies

• TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Lately, I'm finding sarcastic quotes humorous.

"If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style", Quentin Crisp.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    “Money won’t buy happiness, but it will pay the salaries of a large research staff to study the problem.”
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    If at first you don't succeed...you're about average...
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Chekhov’s ear
  • LDemi333
    LDemi333 Posts: 92 Member
    oepbjhuxtpo2.jpeg

*this I must do*
  • LDemi333
    LDemi333 Posts: 92 Member
    BTW anyone else find walking on heels easier when you are stone lighter. I feel like an elephant walking on stilts.
    ................apparently wellies are not an option at a wedding.
  • honeybee__12
    uhgv5rtjr7tl.gif

NOoooooooooooooooooo
  • TarryTaffy
    Happiness is like a kiss. We must share it to enjoy it. - Bernard Meltzer
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    I'm beginning to believe that feeling lonely isn't exactly caused by being alone. It's a state of mind which is brought about by having too much time/experiencing uninvolvement/or having little focus on present. The truth is that many people are alone but are not feeling lonely.

When I start feeling lonely I focus on new projects. Usually distracts me and then I’m in the middle of a project and people want to hang out I decline because now I’m busy rofl.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    I should get up.
  • happimess01
    It seems to me lately that it gets harder and harder to be happy as you get older. Don’t know if its true but thats how i feel
  • TarryTaffy
    It seems to me lately that it gets harder and harder to be happy as you get older. Don’t know if its true but thats how i feel

Is it more being stuck in a rut or feeling less fulfilled? Is it longer term or just a phase that you feel will pass?

We all differ, but, for me, being active & variety of interests keeps me revved up. I somehow confuse inactivity & staying at home alone too much with depression... like lounging on the sofa all day watching movies wouldn't leave me relaxed but feeling sad, unless I were very tired & needing a rest or feeling ill.
    that entirely depends on how you live and treat yourself. I would rather twist your words and say that it's harder to be easily amused (by things that aren't new to you)

Good point. Just today I was noticing such a change. Loved to see bands in my teens-20s-30s, but now, I'm uninterested. I was wondering if I were getting older & bored, then realized it's not anything other than having done it so much, the crowds, expense, late hours, commuting, ringing ears are something I've experienced so much of, it's just unexciting at this point, so I've lost the desire to seek it out.

Years ago, I'd deal with all the above plus being tired at work next day cuz I got to dance around all night like a lunatic. I still do... just at home as a workout & that's now enough. I can't get excited about seeing band x for the umpteenth time with 2K of my closest, drunken friends.

Change is good.
  • honeybee__12
    yukfoo wrote: »
    The trouble with being punctual is that there's usually nobody there to appreciate it.

This is so true!
    I am habitually 10min early to everything.
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    A friend of mine won a toilet brush at a raffle last week. So I asked him how it works. He said it works fine but he still prefers toilet paper.
  • TarryTaffy
    yukfoo wrote: »
    A friend of mine won a toilet brush at a raffle last week. So I asked him how it works. He said it works fine but he still prefers toilet paper.

Ahaha. Well, most of us have at least 1 ridiculously picky friend. :smile:
  • happimess01
    TarryTaffy wrote: »

Is it more being stuck in a rut or feeling less fulfilled? Is it longer term or just a phase that you feel will pass?

We all differ, but, for me, being active & variety of interests keeps me revved up. I somehow confuse inactivity & staying at home alone too much with depression... like lounging on the sofa all day watching movies wouldn't leave me relaxed but feeling sad, unless I were very tired & needing a rest or feeling ill.
    that entirely depends on how you live and treat yourself. I would rather twist your words and say that it's harder to be easily amused (by things that aren't new to you)

I hope it’s just a phase that will pass. Everyone above 50 in my family has had a lot of health issues and I am not looking forward to going through that. Another thing that bugs me is how all of them mellowed down with age and became almost unrecognizable. I like the person I am and don't want age to change that without my permission, if that makes sense.