Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Random Thought For the Day

Replies

• happimess01happimess01 Posts: 3,165Member Member Posts: 3,165Member Member
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    It seems to me lately that it gets harder and harder to be happy as you get older. Don’t know if its true but thats how i feel

Is it more being stuck in a rut or feeling less fulfilled? Is it longer term or just a phase that you feel will pass?

We all differ, but, for me, being active & variety of interests keeps me revved up. I somehow confuse inactivity & staying at home alone too much with depression... like lounging on the sofa all day watching movies wouldn't leave me relaxed but feeling sad, unless I were very tired & needing a rest or feeling ill.
    1sphere wrote: »
    that entirely depends on how you live and treat yourself. I would rather twist your words and say that it's harder to be easily amused (by things that aren't new to you)

I hope it’s just a phase that will pass. Everyone above 50 in my family has had a lot of health issues and I am not looking forward to going through that. Another thing that bugs me is how all of them mellowed down with age and became almost unrecognizable. I like the person I am and don't want age to change that without my permission, if that makes sense.
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Posts: 10,707Member, Premium Member Posts: 10,707Member, Premium Member
    p39e7qxb5jbf.jpeg

I didn’t notice the hardhat when I snapped the pic, hope no one was attached to it.

That is a north wind blowing those flags, yuck!
  • 1sphere1sphere Posts: 3,281Member Member Posts: 3,281Member Member
    yukfoo wrote: »
    The trouble with being punctual is that there's usually nobody there to appreciate it.
    which is why I sometimes say to hell with capital letters.
  • TarryTaffyTarryTaffy Posts: 901Member Member Posts: 901Member Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    The trouble with being punctual is that there's usually nobody there to appreciate it.
    which is why I sometimes say to hell with capital letters.

Ahahaha. You never fail to crack me up @1sphere

Today, I'm low energy, but I just decided to view any obstacles like these 3 lads... so, I kick you low energy, I kick you straight to the curb. Back to work...

giphy.gif

edited December 2019
  • mommabear4315mommabear4315 Posts: 2,566Member Member Posts: 2,566Member Member
    A friend of mine won a toilet brush at a raffle last week. So I asked him how it works. He said it works fine but he still prefers toilet paper.
    i981mr6dfikm.gif

• honeybee__12honeybee__12 Posts: 10,707Member, Premium Member Posts: 10,707Member, Premium Member
    You would never have seen that in the office I worked in.
    I'm home unpacking all day... love that I found a 4-pk of Guinness in the catacombs of the car.

To that end...

kd0w9nk1m4lk.png
    too much aimless wandering can lead you to go crazy, too much of anything isn't good
    edited December 2019
  • happimess01happimess01 Posts: 3,165Member Member Posts: 3,165Member Member
    You would never have seen that in the office I worked in.

everything i have seen in life, i have seen it first in The Office.
    edited December 2019
  • yukfooyukfoo Posts: 645Member Member Posts: 645Member Member
    Hard to believe it's only 15 short days 'til the celebration of the birth of Guido Reybrouck!
    Hard to believe it's only 15 short days 'til the celebration of the birth of Guido Reybrouck!

LOL.
  • tinkerhellraisertinkerhellraiser Posts: 5,167Member Member Posts: 5,167Member Member
    i dont understand anyone or anything and it gets lonely tbh
  • mommabear4315mommabear4315 Posts: 2,566Member Member Posts: 2,566Member Member
    I want to feel a deep love one that can’t be explained.
  • yukfooyukfoo Posts: 645Member Member Posts: 645Member Member
    I just started reading a book about anti-gravity...I can't put it down.

I can give you some mushrooms and you won’t feel gravity or any of your limbs... just throwing it out there.

Glad it's uplifting. I hope the story helps you feel you're floating away to another galaxy.
    “The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.” – Maureen Dowd

Have a day you deserve today, All!
  • Tigg_erTigg_er Posts: 16,979Member Member Posts: 16,979Member Member
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    I'm home unpacking all day... love that I found a 4-pk of Guinness in the catacombs of the car.

To that end...

kd0w9nk1m4lk.png

I can relate to this !
    i dont understand anyone or anything and it gets lonely tbh
    I honestly say that to myself at times.
  • TheMrWobblyTheMrWobbly Posts: 1,844Member Member Posts: 1,844Member Member
    Things that were once satire in popular television have now come to be reality