What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    Ever heard of a dopamine fast - I read about this last week - prolly total bs - but never know
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    thongguy23 wrote: »
    banshee925 wrote: »
    @thongguy23 dude why would someone not accept you the way you are? 🤯

@banshee925 because I am a man that does not fall into the typical masculine macho type. I’m ridiculed from the way I dress, my interest or better defined as lack of interest in the typical male things. I’ve been told on a number of occasions that I’m too feminine. But yet and still I strive to stay true to myself. Thank you 🙏🏾

Well that's dumb. Personal opinion? I think it's cool that you're comfortable and embrace a.) wearing thongs and b.) whatever you wanna wear even if it is seen as "feminine". Also, your interests are your own. There are things I'm into that aren't "feminine" and things I am into that are traditionally seen that way, but which I think is utterly silly considering they are unisex activities.

I'd rather have feminine, true to oneself and some empathy and compassion than falling in that trap of assuming that because a person is "macho" they can't be any of the aforementioned things.

Gender stereotypes are the worst.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Ever heard of a dopamine fast - I read about this last week - prolly total bs - but never know

I don't think that would work for myself (or anyone who has long-term depression/anxiety disorders). We already suffer from a surprising lack of dopamine as is. Would probably be a one way ticket to a worse depressive episode.. or worse things. Hard pass. :lol:
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    When did AF become the universal measurement for everything?

I think that's the European Metric System.

Q: How far is it to Vienna ?

A: Far AF.

makes sense, right?

Zwahili measurements

Cause that’s also far AF
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options

idk if too personal but u mentioned quitting drinking and idk how much u were drinking but going sober is really *kitten* hard bc u have to live with lower dopamine levels until your brain kinda rewires itself back before u were abusing which can take a hella long time

u could just be social drinker cutting back, if so ignore me pls

anyways that dopamine fast *kitten* is based on addiction recovery but really wrongheaded way of applying it bc it takes years to get those dopamine receptors to normal levels after abuse, not some bs “detox period” of a week or whatever jmo

Was just something I read in passing - It could be total bs I know - but found it kind of interesting is all -

• thongguy23
    thongguy23 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

@banshee925 because I am a man that does not fall into the typical masculine macho type. I’m ridiculed from the way I dress, my interest or better defined as lack of interest in the typical male things. I’ve been told on a number of occasions that I’m too feminine. But yet and still I strive to stay true to myself. Thank you 🙏🏾

Ya gotta be yourself, cause everyone else is taken 🙂
    Sorry you are ridiculed for being you. 😕

@slimgirljo15 thank you so much for your kind words

• thongguy23
    thongguy23 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Well that's dumb. Personal opinion? I think it's cool that you're comfortable and embrace a.) wearing thongs and b.) whatever you wanna wear even if it is seen as "feminine". Also, your interests are your own. There are things I'm into that aren't "feminine" and things I am into that are traditionally seen that way, but which I think is utterly silly considering they are unisex activities.

I'd rather have feminine, true to oneself and some empathy and compassion than falling in that trap of assuming that because a person is "macho" they can't be any of the aforementioned things.

Gender stereotypes are the worst.

@CanesGalactica thank you so much. That makes me feel good about me

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

I have not actually, and well I understand the premise... I believe the real trick would simply be to find other ways to trigger a dopamine response, healthier ways.

In relation to alcohol, I've read before the reason why we turn to alcohol is simply because it quiets the mind...

This doesn't necessarily sound like a craving for dopamine, but it's quite possible that a quieted mind can trigger dopamine...
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Sugar

Salt

Glutamate.

Aspartic acid

phenolphthalein

Rubidium hydroxide

Oh, you went there.

Cesium Nitride

Nitris oxide -

Did I do it right??

Sure. I'm more familiar with Nitrous Oxide, but it's probably something I'm not aware of. I'm not omnipotent, by any means.

Wait, you mean do it? As in Whip-its? I'm not sure if you had or not.

Intriguing

Glyphosate

Oldie, but goodie. Trinitrotoluene

OMG are these Harry Potter spells? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Infinius Totalus 🧙🏽‍♂️

😬

Heres a doozy
    You'll never guess where this one exist.

Azodicarbonamide

Processed breads and plastic stuff.

Ohhhh. You guessed.

I have decent guessing hands.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    mtndewme wrote: »
    My gf's phone got stolen it's and somehow my fault because I didn't do the dishes. Why did I think that dating women was a good idea?

1) I forgot to do the dishes once and it ruined an entire village and 2) because they're great (much like cats, but different in some important ways)
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    vpae1due958g.png

Every time I see this thread pop up in Fun 'n Games I read it first as "Have YOU ever crapped on the person above you?" and it leads me down this whole mental-thread about not ONLY being polite, but also gravity
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    empresssue wrote: »
    My work cohort volunteered us for a special project. I wasn't even there when he did it. Sassin, frackin, rackin, dackin.........

They volunteered; you were voluntold. :lol:

Exactly why I'm annoyed.....
  • empresssue
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    When did AF become the universal measurement for everything?

I think that's the European Metric System.

Q: How far is it to Vienna ?

A: Far AF.

makes sense, right?

Zwahili measurements

Cause that’s also far AF

I think it's the US old guy measurement system, akin to just up the road a piece. That means far AF.
  • empresssue
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    vpae1due958g.png

Every time I see this thread pop up in Fun 'n Games I read it first as "Have YOU ever crapped on the person above you?" and it leads me down this whole mental-thread about not ONLY being polite, but also gravity

Cuz we all know *kitten* runs downhill.