JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Been lurking over the holidays! Glad to see you all had a nice time with families!!! Best wishes to all as the new year rolls in!

Were back from our babymoon and it was super relaxing. Unfortunately, I came home with a cold. But I have the time off from work and im trying to nurse myself back to health. All the laying around has me worrying about things i need to do, things that "ill do after the holidays" need to be done! One thing at a time, health is the priority right now. Talk to you all soon!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Thank you all! I may have been a little ambitious this morning with my JFT. I need to start slow or it'll all just fall apart again. I think I'm revising my JFT to:

track everything
    journal
    drink lots of water
    eat at home

Kids are overnight at my in laws and hubby and I have tons to do to get ready for moving so I think I'm going to need wine for fortification... baby steps!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,294 Member
    I just have to say that this is the longest Monday of the year... I actually fell asleep at my desk.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,023 Member
    edited December 2019
    Back to life! Back to reality! 😂 😂 😂

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    #1: - 5; #2: - 5.2; #3: -1.4; #4: -4.8; #4: -2
    MAINTENANCE IN DECEMBER
    NAME:
    Terri
    GW: Stay Under 150
    30/12: CW: 151.4 👀
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT Sun 29 Dec
    🔹Goals 💖
    🔹Activities
    • Visit DED and grands for lunch 💖
    • Power Walk💖
    • Work on goals for 2020💖
    • Chores💖

JFT Mon 30 Dec
    🔹Goals 💖
    🔹Activities
    • Outing with DYD 💖
    • Chores 💖
    • Work on goals for 2020💖
    • Cleese our fridge 💖

JFT Tue 31 Dec
    🔹Goals
    🔹Activities
    • Grocery Shopping
    • Laundry
    • Work on goals for 2020
    • Celebrate New Year
    @mytime6630 said:
    Do you guys want me to start a new thread for 2020? I've been doing this now for almost 4 years .. yes, it has taken me that long to finally get to where I want to be. But .. I know maintaining is very hard, and I would like to continue.

Should we Just keep this one going, or start a new, fresh one for 2020?

I love the friendships I have made over the past few years.. it has kept me from not giving up. I don't post as often either, but it just still nice to have this thread as a way to be accountable.

I like the idea of a nice new slate for 2020. And although I only joined you at the end of the summer, I feel I have made some firm friends.

It has taken me 5 years to get where I wanted to be 😂 You lot, and the “Discard 5 lbs Challenge” have been the catalyst to me finally getting to my UGW.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,023 Member
    edited December 2019
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    korina75 wrote: »
    Not sure anyone will even remember me, l

Of course we remember you .. so nice to see you back! I am so sorry it has been a stressful year for you. For many of us.. this has been a year of deaths, illness, etc. I am like you, I long for the day when I will find a distraction other than food when I get stressed. But it takes time to undo years of habits. Weight-wise for me this year I did lose weight, but I have gained 5 pounds in just one week .. stressful, mindless eating. You would think I would learn.
    But anyhow, so very happy to see you back, and we are all here for you. That is why I love this thread ... it is a place to vent, no judging... we have all been there. We all understand. This is the year for you to take care of you!

This year I decided to accept that enjoying Christmas meant a bounce up. It was minimal (around 5lbs) compared to other years, so I’m not going to beat myself up about it. It will shift fairly quickly after New Year.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    Good morning!

My husband and I bought plane tickets to go on vacation somewhere warm in March! I'm so excited to see something new in a different state! (I haven't traveled much, but have always had a deep longing for it.)

Anyway, I need to buckle down now and lose some of this weight because I am extremely uncomfortable wearing summer clothing...especially a swimming suit. So, I'm thinking mindful eating and daily walks is how I will start, but I know I need to sneak some strength training in there somehow. I haven't a clue how to strength train so this will be a challenge. But i'm up for it! I want to be in pictures and not the one hiding behind the camera on this vacation!
    So, although I'm late hopping on with goals, I need to be consistent.

Just for Today:
    • I will eat mindfully
    • I will drink 80+ oz of water
    • I will eat veggies with hummus or fruit for snacks today
    • I will take a 30 minute walk with dog or get 30 minutes of activity inside, depending upon weather
    • I will begin thinking about 2020 goals--which habits I want to replace with healthier habits
    • I will pack my lunch bag tonight, lay out an outfit and set up coffeemaker to prepare for tomorrow
    • I will write 5 somethings in my gratitude journal for today
    • I will read Simple Abundance and Dodie Osteen's daily reading before bed
    • I will be in bed on time and sleeping earlier than normal. No late night You Tube binges!
    • I will be "in the present" tonight when I get home.

I hope you all had a great day!
    Tracie
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    Korina75- I remember you, welcome back!

Pridesabtch- I agree it was a long Monday. I had to work yesterday too but it was just me there. Today was much longer with others around.

PackerfaninGB- I’m so happy you booked a trip. Where are you going?

I have managed to get 2 bottles of water in today and hope to get 3 before bed. It will be the first day in months that I also resisted having a pop.

Hubby has had a lot of health issues and is really trying, it’s time I got back to it too.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,468 Member
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Do you guys want me to start a new thread for 2020? I've been doing this now for almost 4 years .. yes, it has taken me that long to finally get to where I want to be. But .. I know maintaining is very hard, and I would like to continue.

Should we Just keep this one going, or start a new, fresh one for 2020?

I love the friendships I have made over the past few years.. it has kept me from not giving up. I don't post as often either, but it just still nice to have this thread as a way to be accountable.

Joan, I would love for you to start a new thread for 2020. I joined MFP in late 2015 and struggled for more than one year to lose weight on my own. Then I joined JFT in Jan. 2017 and with the accountability and reading others' posts, I lost weight. I've tried other threads and challenges but always stick with JFT! I love my dear JFT friends! <3
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,185 Member
    Good morning!

My husband and I bought plane tickets to go on vacation somewhere warm in March! I'm so excited to see something new in a different state! (I haven't traveled much, but have always had a deep longing for it.)

[/list]

I hope you all had a great day!
    Tracie

I was so happy when I read your post Tracie about your vacation!! You so deserve this trip .... and it sounds wonderful! You are off to a great start ... I just know 2020 will be your year!!!!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,468 Member
    I'm here, lurking, just haven't been posting for 10 days or so. I'm still on vacation enjoying the holidays with family and friends, and now being at home with hubby off work until Jan. 2. Haven't logged anything, but trying to be mindful while enjoying the special foods and beverages of the season. Not denying myself, because that leads to worse things (for me). Not feeling guilty, either! New Year's Eve at-home celebration with hubby will be my last hurrah, then back on track.

Dog and I got in good walks all the days we've been at home = happy dog and happy me. On Dec. 21 I finally completed the annual MapMyWalk challenge of 1,019K... took longer than last year to complete, but so much crap weather that cancelled or shortened walks. Today rain has turned to snow, so I may have to resort to the treadmill in the basement again = sad me and sad dog. I don't want any slip and falls, and have a hard time slowing my pace, feel like I'm not getting a workout. Hopefully, workplace lunchtime hikes in January will involve snowshoes. I have a 5K coming up Jan. 10 on a shoveled, paved trail and I'm looking forward to that. Also, already registered for two other race events (Feb. 5K and Mar. 10K), and planning more.

In 2019, I started with my weight within 10-15# of my goal. Then I regained a few pounds and basically bounced around the same few pounds over and over, maintaining for the whole year. In 2020 I am determined to get my weight back down!

I love keeping up with all the JFT posts and progress. <3 Every person has different circumstances and challenges, and each one strives each day. You inspire me! Wishing all my JFT friends a happy, healthy and prosperous new year!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,185 Member

I have managed to get 2 bottles of water in today and hope to get 3 before bed. It will be the first day in months that I also resisted having a pop.

Hubby has had a lot of health issues and is really trying, it’s time I got back to it too.

Great day ! I keep trying to give up diet pop ... have not been successful at it!
    I am so sorry your hubby is having health issues.. but it will be so much easier for you if you are both trying to lose weight. So much easier than trying to do it alone.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. Get back on track after all this holiday eating
    2. Log all food 👍
    3. Gym or workout at home 👍
    4. Journal👎
    5. Meditate 👎

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Journal
    4. Gym or workout at home
  • PackerFanInGB
    Just for Today:
    • I will eat mindfully :)
    • I will drink 80+ oz of water :)
    • I will eat veggies with hummus or fruit for snacks today :)Also had some mixed nuts, but was within calorie goal and wasn't a cookie so I consider that a win!
    • I will take a 30 minute walk with dog or get 30 minutes of activity inside, depending upon weather :sBoo!
      Snow and slippery roads, and was afraid of falling. Was a pretty night with the snow falling when I got home just at dusk, but just couldn't risk it. Didn't hit the treadmill either...grandkids managed to mess the belt up at Christmas AGAIN!
    • I will begin thinking about 2020 goals--which habits I want to replace with healthier habits :)Starting a list
    • I will pack my lunch bag tonight, lay out an outfit and set up coffeemaker to prepare for tomorrow :)
    • I will write 5 somethings in my gratitude journal for today :(Got sucked into a movie in Netflix
    • I will read Simple Abundance and Dodie Osteen's daily reading before bed :(See above
    • I will be in bed on time and sleeping earlier than normal. No late night You Tube binges! :(See above. Darn movie. LOL!
    • I will be "in the present" tonight when I get home. :)Yup. See above. Netflix movie with husband. No screen time.

Good morning! I have an early meeting at work so hopped on to list goals. It's me and my husband's 20th anniversary today. Celebrating at home with crab legs tonight. Happy me! Have to work all day but will be done a little early since going in early. Happy me again!

@Snowflake1968 We are going to Arizona to visit Tim's sister. While we are out there, we will go see my dad, stepmom and my sister & family will be there from Alaska also! Then we are going to rent a car and just sight see. I'm excited to see Sedona area. Always wanted to see Sedona! So, Lord willing, that is our plan. Can't wait! We are going for a whole week. It's been a very long time since we have gone anywhere for a week together.

I'll hop on later. Gotta get to work. Have a great day everyone!

Just for Today:
    • I will eat mindfully
    • I will drink 80+ oz of water
    • I will eat veggies with hummus or fruit for snacks today
    • I will take a 30 minute walk with dog or get 30 minutes of activity inside, depending upon weather
    • I will begin thinking about 2020 goals--which habits I want to replace with healthier habits
    • I will pack my lunch bag tonight, lay out an outfit and set up coffeemaker to prepare for tomorrow
    • I will write 5 somethings in my gratitude journal for today
    • I will read Simple Abundance and Dodie Osteen's daily reading before bed
    • I will be in bed on time and sleeping earlier than normal. No late night You Tube binges!
    • I will be "in the present" tonight when I get home.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,294 Member

JFT Monday

- Take pregnancy test (OMG I'm 46yo!) - :smiley: NEGATIVE, now I need another explanation for the way my body feels.
    - Beginner Peloton Class :smiley: Only 20 min, but better than 0 minutes. Thought I was gonna puke after.
    - Shower and work by 8:00, :smile: 8:10, close enough.
    - Try new protein bars for breakfast :smiley: Not my favorite, not sure 1/2 a bar counts as breakfast.
    - Drink at least equal amount of water to soda :smiley:
    - Log everything, GBU :smiley:
    - Moderate Lunch :smiley:
    - No snacking at work on junk :smiley:
    - Research Rowing Camp for S. Weird to send her away to Michigan for a month in the summer. :smiley:
    - Psychiatrist appt later. I feel good mentally, but maybe the meds need adjusted so I'll feel better physically. :smiley:
    - Moderate Dinner :smiley: Spaghetti is hard to moderate, but I did. GO me!
    - One evening snack, if it fits. :smiley:
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Make an Action plan for the New Year and write it down! :smiley:

Goals for 2020
    - Get back on my real bike in the spring.
    - Take time each Thursday to teach my daughters (and a friend or 2) to cook. College isn't that far off.
    - Peleton 240 out of 365 days - Roughly 5 days a week with a little room for bad days
    - Use MFP to stay accountable for my intake
    - Mini Goal: Lose 10 pounds by April Fools Day!

Wow, wow, wow... It's been like forever since I've had all smiley faces on my goals. I'm super proud of me. I'm glad I decided not to wait until the new year to start getting on track. I even took time to read my Bible yesterday. My weight was still going up and I and still struggling with energy levels, but we made another med change which will hopefully help. I really think if I can kick the energy deficit I can conquer the weight loss thing. After all I really enjoy being active.

Didn't want to get up and exercise this morning, but I did and I'm glad I did. Pretty mellow NYE plans for the evening. Bowling with the teens from church 6 - 8 (late session was full and really expensive), then heading home to celebrate with the kids and their friends. Probably just play board games and watch the ball. Hope y'all have a save and happy NYE!

JFT Tuesday

- Early morning Peloton :smiley:
    - Work 7:30 - 4:30 if I can stand to stay that long
    - Protein bar for breakfast
    - Log everything
    - Stay under maintenance calories (~1600)
    - 8000 steps (Its cold and windy out so this may be a stretch goal today)
    - Lite lunch to allow for pizza at dinner
    - bowling with teens from church
    - Read a little in Deuteronomy
    - Kiss my hubby at midnight (if I can stay awake)
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Happy new year everyone. I wish you peace and happiness combined with the strength to face the challenges of 2020.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Have a safe and Happy New Year!!! 🎊🎈

So excited to brush off the dust of 2019 and start fresh! ♥️😃
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    Happy New Year! Can’t wait to see you all on the 2020 thread!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    I love a fresh start! Not going to do anything but move forward at this point.

JFT:
    Drink lots of water
    Make healthy choices
    Stop eating when full!

Headed to an indoor water park with the family overnight, we'll see how it goes!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Happy New Year, everyone!

Today I have done some balance practice. I'm going to do some core work, portion out some of the soup my husband made, meal prep for next week, go for a run, and then we're visiting friends this evening. And I'm going to try to log on and check in tomorrow morning.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Happy New Year, everyone!

Today I have done some balance practice. I'm going to do some core work, portion out some of the soup my husband made, meal prep for next week, go for a run, and then we're visiting friends this evening. And I'm going to try to log on and check in tomorrow morning.

You sound like you have a full day ahead of you(like always. Lol) Good luck and have fun tonight!