eta
    1 dog running belt
    3 bungee leashes
    3 harnesses
    1 speed demon
    1 old girl
    variety of foster dogs

You could outfit your whole Run the Year 2020 Team! 🤗
    I've got 1 pair of leggings; 2 pairs of shorts; 2 pairs of shoes; 1 fleece hoodie; some various socks; a long sleeve tech shirt; an underarmour zip neck; a wool cap; a baseball cap; a pair of mittens; and 6 short sleeve tech shirts (2 bought; 4 earned).
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited January 2020
    Tramboman wrote: »
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    i'll play.
    i have 3 pair of fleece leggings
    5 pair of full length regular running leggings
    5ish pair of capris
    3 pair of shorts
    6 tanks
    4 short sleeve
    8 maybe 10 long sleeve-mostly from running events
    4 fleeces
    2 vests
    5 underpants running specific
    15 pair of socks. 6 knee high, 9 crew or no show
    5 buffs
    3 warm headbands
    2 balaclavas
    3 pair of gloves
    3 pair of shoes
    2 running belts- 1 spibelt, 1 trail
    1 hydration vest
    1 reflective hat
    3 reflective bands
    1 reflective vest
    1 set of ice spikes
    1 head lamp
    1 cap with built in lights

eta
    1 dog running belt
    3 bungee leashes
    3 harnesses
    1 speed demon
    1 old girl
    variety of foster dogs

You could outfit your whole Run the Year 2020 Team! 🤗
    I've got 1 pair of leggings; 2 pairs of shorts; 2 pairs of shoes; 1 fleece hoodie; some various socks; a long sleeve tech shirt; an underarmour zip neck; a wool cap; a baseball cap; a pair of mittens; and 6 short sleeve tech shirts (2 bought; 4 earned).

part of it is my second job is an aerial yoga teacher so i need athletic clothes for that. part of it, i have probably 40 pairs of socks because i love socks :wink:
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    edited January 2020
    The only way I look forward to a run is if
    1) I'm avoiding housework, or
    2) if Zombies, Run! has put out a new story I can listen to while I'm running in between the music, or if I save my favorite podcast to only listen to while I'm running, that kind of thing

But once I'm out there, like you, it's great. forgot to tag you @quilteryoyo!

Raise the gates Runner Five! 🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️

They never do specify who they're speaking to when they command that the gates be raised. I'm certain they're not telling Runner Five to do that part of the job - I'm there to do the Running!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    @Avidkeo I’m glad you asked this question because I was wondering how many sets of kit most runners have!

I honestly don’t know how many long socks I have at the moment. My husband keeps stealing my socks, which are the same brand as his but in a smaller size. Then he complains that his socks have shrunk in the wash and don’t fit him. That’s because they are my socks! I also have a lot of stuff I bought when I was new to running which I could wear in an emergency but which doesn’t suit me. Most of my gear comes from trying to be comfortable in conditions which change wildly from day to day. The list of what I actually wear on a regular basis follows.

3 pairs winter socks
    3 pairs summer socks
    Trail shoes: Salomon speedcross 4, Altra Timps, Brooks cascadia GTX (hate these shoes but they are great in snow)
    Road shoes: 1 current pair plus several worn pairs of Brooks Adrenaline 18s, Saucony Guide ISOs (better for walking than running), 1 brand new pair of Brooks Adrenaline 20s (jury is still out)
    1 Nathan Spibelt
    1 water belt plus insulated water bottle
    1 insulated water bottle which has to be carried - for post run walks
    10+ pairs of running sunglasses - several races here have them as swag plus my husband keeps buying them for me
    1 merino buff
    1 summer weight buff uv headband
    1 thermal lined winter headband
    2 Sweaty Bands (velvet lined, quick dry) - one mostly green, the other red white and blue
    1 hat with visor
    1 balaclava (only gotten cold enough to need this once)

2 loose racerback shirts
    2 summer weight singlets
    2 short sleeved tech shirts (used to be just one - found a nice Reebok tech shirt for $3 at Ross last week!)
    4, I think? Long sleeved tech shirts. 3 are from races. The St Jude of 2018 is such a great shirt that everyone in this area can be seen wearing it. It’s windproof and has thumb holes.
    2 warm base layer shirts
    1 lightweight running jacket
    1 all weather jacket - this is my favorite thing ever, unfortunately some goof broke into my car and stole my running bag with the hood in it, so now it has no hood! Still the greatest jacket, full of vents, doesn’t get sticky on the inside.
    1 cold weather hoodie - thermally lined, I’ve worn this sucker down to -16 F and stayed warm
    1 puffer jacket for walking after cold weather runs
    Liner gloves
    Mid weight gloves
    Flip mitts

4 pairs loose shorts with compression liners - love these for summer, they keep my thighs from flopping around and hide my loose belly skin, plus they are cool. They were 2 bucks a pair at Walmart and are much better than more expensive brands I tried!
    3 pairs capris, varying weights
    1 pair long warm tights
    1 pair jogger pants for putting over tights when it’s really too cold to walk in tights after running
    3 bras
    I don’t have dedicated underwear - tried it, found it’s just another layer that gets soggy from sweat, now I just buy leggings that aren’t see through plus shorts with liners.

That looks like a lot, but it’s really not - in most weathers it’s only enough for three days before washing, in deep winter I only have one set of kit before I have to wash!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Random question
    (...snip n mix...)
    5 sock pairs,
    2 visors,
    5 different running tops,
    2 knee length leggings,
    2 full length,
    5 wrist sweat bands,
    4 running bras,
    rotating 2 pairs of shoes,
    And many pairs of dedicated underwearrrrrr...

So much gear! And I am always on the lookout for bargains...

So how much is too much? And should I get more socks? Haha
    Snip..

I heard the 12 days of Christmas in your list- a song in the making!

IMO you are short on shoes and socks. Unless you find a new bargain soon. In which case - maybe look for a running skirt? I love those! And some new leggings- saw one the other day with five pockets, and can oreser them in different inseam lengths... and even choose if the top zippered pocket goes in front or back!..

So... ya... never enough running gear 😆

Om love it!! Hahaha

I do have another new pair of leggings in the drawer that are slightly too small. Well they were a couple of week ago when they arrived in the post. I decided to keep them because I am one of the pickiest runners ever. I can't stand pockets, flapping, loose clothing, running belts etc. I hate feeling weighed down I guess. One reason I have the running watch I do, so I don't have to carry my phone. Even my headphones were chosen because they don't move and annoy me. Never tried a running skirt and admit I'm too afraid to. When I was much bigger that would lead to chaffe. I know, that's what body glide is for but I just can't bring myself to do it. It's amazing the hangups we get!

And yeah I ALWAYS want another pair of shoes. I'm going to try get another pair next week when I go to the city, giving me 3 pairs... That will keep me happy for about 6 months
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    The only way I look forward to a run is if
    1) I'm avoiding housework, or
    2) if Zombies, Run! has put out a new story I can listen to while I'm running in between the music, or if I save my favorite podcast to only listen to while I'm running, that kind of thing

But once I'm out there, like you, it's great. forgot to tag you @quilteryoyo!

Raise the gates Runner Five! 🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️

They never do specify who they're speaking to when they command that the gates be raised. I'm certain they're not telling Runner Five to do that part of the job - I'm there to do the Running!
    😆 ya. I thought of that too.
    Wait.
    Whaaat?!
    TWO of you fives are hanging in here?
    Omg. I KNEW this group was full of fantabulousness. ❤️
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    @SammyDee2015 YASSSS are you doing the detective virtual race this spring? I am so stoked.

Haven’t missed a one of theirs yet!
    I use the ZR5K app at least once every year for reminders on technique. That skipping tip helped me complete my first official HM ( Good job on your speed work. I am not fast- nor will I ever be - so my goals are to avoid DNF. So far so good. 😉)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Good Morning y'all, I am new in here and don't really know how this goes, but I am a runner and from reading the posts, this is definitely a runner's place. It is all positive and supportive, my kinda place! My wife and I are in perpetual training for half marathons and love running together. This Sunday is the Jekyll Island Half in Jekyll Island, Georgia, USA.

January
    1 - 0
    2 - 5K (3.1)
    3 - 0
    4 - 5k (3.1)
    5 - 21.92k (13.7)
    6 - 0
    7 - 0
    8 - 5k (3.1)
    9 - 3.2k (2.0)
    10 - 0
    11 - 5k (3.15)
    12 - 0
    13 - 10.1k (6.34)
    14 - 0
    Total: 55.23k (34.52m)
    Run Streak: 0 days
    Goal for Year: 2020k (1255.2m)
    Distance Remain: 1964.8k (1220.6m)

Have a cool day y'all!
    #kruegerhattrick #werunforaiden

Welcome to the group! I love Georgia. My son is in Savannah and I hate leaving there every time!. Beautiful, wonderful food and amazing people.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Well I have a running clinic booked tonight and still have a stiff back. I will go anyway to see what advice they can give.

exercise.png

Hugs, good luck