WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Okie hill country- I was on the chat with Homedepot when I purchased the Kohler toilet seat he said none with metal screws for the lids that he’s seen anymore. If it breaks again guess I’ll try someone else.

Amber Tx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    @sh0tzz99 Thank you. Will try.

Kylia
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    edited January 2020
    ☘️
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Heather: I have had great success making sourdough pancakes and waffles, but the bread I tried to make was heavy as a big rock and much too chewy. Bread in general is a challenge in our house. I can eat commercial bread and be happy. DH has to eat gluten free bread. Some gluten free bread is okay and some is not as good –sort of like the sourdough bread I tried to make back when. :ohwell:

Machka: You’ve been a world traveler and loved it from what you’ve said. It seems like you’re currently trapped in a beautiful place. I wonder why you are restricted from travelling. If it is connected with your DH’s health situation, will travel opportunities improve as his health improves? I hope you will eventually be able to enjoy adventures of your choice again. :flowerforyou:

A longtime friend of ours will be here tomorrow with his wife. I’m looking forward to seeing them. They’re coming to get sourdough starter from us. I have a nice batch waiting for them in the refrigerator.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: You’ve been a world traveler and loved it from what you’ve said. It seems like you’re currently trapped in a beautiful place. I wonder why you are restricted from travelling. If it is connected with your DH’s health situation, will travel opportunities improve as his health improves? I hope you will eventually be able to enjoy adventures of your choice again. :flowerforyou:

My husband's health is part of it, but a greater part of it is Workers Compensation law which insists that he is available for work in our state 24/7/365 even though he is unable to work. It's complicated and may not resolve for a long time.

Machka in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    Katla - my fear stems from a childhood dentist. I needed a tooth pulled and the dentist literally climbed on my lap to do it. I was young. He was the only dentist in the area. I was forced to go to him until I moved out. I didn’t see from age 17 to 23 when I had impacted wisdom teeth removed. They gave me a drug that knocked me out for that. I haven’t been back since until this past November. Fear and cost has been a great holdback.

Machka - WCB is great but such a long process for any serious injuries.

I survived the dentist, have two more appointments scheduled and then I think there will be two more after that to be scheduled. I am so grateful for the benefit plan I have now.
    I thought I was getting the post in today, but that was not the case. They did the filling and took the impression for the crown. I’m not sure exactly what else they did. Tuesday I go for 2 more fillings.

I came home and had a long nap and now am feeling a bit hungry. I think I’ll have a bath and then decide what I can eat.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited January 2020
    5fbd15hjdzwb.jpeg

Yummy tried my new 60cal shake protein powder in my 30cal Unsweetened Almond milk 🥛 says you can put in water also.
    It’s delicious in my opinion for first try. JR drank half through a straw!!! It’s his first straw attempt he actually drank from a straw!! He lived it. Clumsy but clumps are chocolaty . Said a blender solves that or strainer I used a straw same thing.

I’m so full from the macaroni was hoping to have the shake with some unsweetened apple pie 🥧 filling,but no room. Maybe after the macaroni gets used up.

Amber Tx

Had soup at lunch .
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym, rain- 8.36min, 136mhr, 10.9amph, 1.56mi= 61c
    apple watch- 62c
    ROPE PULL- 15min, midset, lvl4 out of 7, 98ahr, 112mhr, 1731ft= 45c
    apple watch- 99c
    ARM SPIN MACHINE- 15min, 26.3aw, 35arpm, 122mhr, 2.66mi= 65c
    apple watch- 107c
    bike ride gym 2 dome, rain- 5.51min, 143mhr, 15.4amph, 1.50mi= 50c
    apple watch- 55c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station, windy- 16.39min, 148mhr, 10.9amph, 3.03mi= 157c
    apple watch- 113c
    walk sta 2 wrk- 9.36min, 117mhr, 3.9ap, .62mi= 23c
    apple watch- 53c
    walk wrk 2 sta, windy- 8.14min, 3.6ap, 107mhr, .50mi= 24c
    apple watch- 53c
    bike ride dome 2 hm, windy- 23.22min, 6.6amph, 147mhr, 2.56mi= 205c
    apple watch- 152c
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    I guess having 3 cups a tea a day might not be such a great idea.. I'm up real late for me lol
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »

My husband's health is part of it, but a greater part of it is Workers Compensation law which insists that he is available for work in our state 24/7/365 even though he is unable to work. It's complicated and may not resolve for a long time.

Machka in Oz

I'll also add that his health is likely as good as it is going to get. The assumption is that at about the 2-year point after a severe traumatic brain injury, the person is not likely to make any further significant improvements. The assumption is also that people who have sustained a severe traumatic brain injury are likely to deteriorate sooner and faster as they age.

Severe traumatic brain injury is permanent ... and WC isn't set up for permanent injuries, unfortunately.

M in Oz