WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Margaret- Yeah seems scary how they even have people not sick running out of food but won’t allow food in out of fear.

Amber Tx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Margaret Me too. Not sure what my days would be like without you all.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Karen- Agree 100%! You guys get me through the lowest days .

https://youtu.be/luztqxUBvZo A day in Wuhan quarantine zone Guy not Chinese citizen so guess he’s allowed to film.

Amber Tx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    <3 lots to think about and respond to. Will try to do that tonight. At work now.
    <3
    Kylua in ohio where the sun is on strike
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    Pg 84 done. I’ll catch up while doing laundromat in a bit.

RV Rita
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    Welcome back Lin. :D I'm an old timer. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    edited January 2020
    Allie - I think the walk to work will do him good. He might realize that he needs a full time job or another part time! This might be the push he needs.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Carol

Sorry your husband is such a pill. c0703.gif

(((Hugs)))

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Our skies are gray here. Despite my stress I do not consider myself in a gray place. I am enjoying a great cup of coffee and enjoying looking at some yellow mums I bought last week.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    LisaInAR-What are you longing for?

I have been longing for the same thing for many, many years. Not to sound like William Wallace or MLK, Jr; but I am longing for freedom. This doesn't mean freedom from my work, or my husband (god love him). I just long for the freedom to plan, do, go as I please. Most decisions I make I do have to run by my hubby and we are a very yin and yang type couple. He is my own personal devil's advocate and sometimes dark cloud. The things that make me feel exhilarated and excited (like the thought of going skydiving) send him into a pit of despair. The other glitch in my bid for freedom is the financial part of it. I am still working on being financially free to plan, do, and go. So hard to have wings on your soul and an anchor on your self. I will get there. It is just going to take a couple more years.

You sound B like a mirror of my life! I gave up longing for this type of freedom and just work a little at a time towards my wish. Made it a long term goal.

I long for my children to come visit me instead of the other way around. And for my step-daughters (2) to talk to their father again.

RV Rita

Ps. Was sick most of January. Better now. Went for yearly checkup. Great report! Low carb, no grains or sugar paying off! We use stevia for sweetener in everything. My DH is the chef and uses it in tomato sauce too. Works for us!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Did Kathy Smith’s Build Muscle Shrink Fat DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD for the bosu

Volunteered at the Green Room then went to Food Lion. Didn’t realize that it was the small box of Cheerios that were on sale. Not much of a sale. Then home.

This morning I opened the package of Bubba vege burgers. I didn’t realize they weren’t precooked so I tried cooking them in the microwave. They never did cook. Unfortunately, I put them on for 5 minutes and it burned. Plus, it melted the food cover that I had. When will I learn to take the cover out of the microwave before using it? Now the house is smokey. I opened the porch door but Vince wanted me to close it. Wound up cooking them on the stovetop. Which reminds me that I have to clean it

M – great job on that race! You are so right…thank goodness for online menus

Lisa AR – the doc thinks your weight has something to do with it? But you aren’t THAT heavy, not at all.

Lin – so great to see you!

Pick – welcome! At the end of this month, Barbie will post a link for posts for the next month. We go on and on and on and on. Just be sure to bookmark this site so you can come back

Longing – how I wish I could see PJ! Even skyping would be fine.

Rita – I’m so sorry you were sick but glad you’re better now

Michele NC
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 929 Member
    Heather - I am with you on the partners and food. I love to cook and my mister eats whatever I put in front of him. I have a friend who has the palate of a 5 year old...chicken strips, cheese pizza, mac & cheese, bread...He would drive me nuts.

Allie - I think he should walk to work. 2ish miles each way is good exercise for him!

Headed out for a run on this Santa Ana day. Will have to get used to it. Our only car went out of service in a big way yesterday.

Tina in CA

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,553 Member
    Karen Thank you for your input on assisted suicide. I grew up with my Dad being bipolar (and my first abuser). He threatened suicide from the time I was 10. I have also struggled with depression and anxiety over the years, but suicidal thoughts stopped when I had my children. I could never do that to them! My friend apparently stepped in front of a train...such a tragic ending. That is why I wish she could have had medication to end things peacefully! 😭 Still interested in everyone else's feelings on this subject!

On a happier note, I am taking care of my DG today...5 1/2 weeks old now. My how she changes from week to week!! She is such a happy baby!

Luci (still struggling a bit) in WNC

I am sorry for your loss, Luci. That is horrible -- a very difficult thing to deal with.

Re: Assisted Suicide: I do believe people should be allowed to die with dignity. My husband and I just dealt with some of this with his mother. She was on hospice at the end, and all they were doing is making her feel comfortable. None of her regular medicines were administered in the last week. She couldn't eat or drink. He said she did seem peaceful. But some of his family (aunt and niece) are a little miffed because we didn't have her on life support. They couldn't understand why she wasn't on IVs or oxygen or or or. Now my husband is struggling with that, too. "If we had had her in a regular nursing home, she could have had life support," is what he is struggling with. But I believe it is much better this way. She would never have wanted to commit suicide, she wanted to cling to every shred of life -- and I don't mean in a good way -- but I do think her body was ready to go, even if she still wanted everyone to do everything possible to keep her here. Her body was done. I believe she had a dignified death. She followed a natural course.

So I guess I believe people should be able to choose their exit. I don't see myself choosing that route, but just because I wouldn't doesn't mean that I believe others shouldn't have the opportunity if they want. Does that make sense?

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon