Carbs and Fats are cheap. Here's a Guide to getting your PROTEIN's worth. Fiber also...

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Bumpity bump bump.
  • kawasakininja13
    kawasakininja13 Posts: 20 Member
    Great work, thanks for sharing -
  • vasanakeokham
    vasanakeokham Posts: 3 Member
    Great suggestions!
  • marygoldbold
    marygoldbold Posts: 1 Member
    Thank -this is so helpful. What a lot of work there!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,972 Member
    BumpieBump: So many protein questions lately! :neutral:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    BumpieBump: So many protein questions lately! :neutral:

I think we need a "how much protein do I need?" infographic...
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Thank you so much for this.
  • zimborunner
    zimborunner Posts: 527 Member
    Bookmarking - thank-you for taking the time to give us all this information.
  • AnnPT77
    How many times have I linked this thread lately? Sooooo many times. Time to bump it back onto page 1, methinks.
  • alteredsteve175
    Bumping this back to the top. This thread should be in the stickies at the top of page 1.
  • Truly303
    Truly303 Posts: 37 Member
    Thank You! Love having information! I can print it out and put it in my recipe/food binder!!
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Oh wow, I can see my spredsheet is still helping people. So happy to see that. I haven't updated it in a while, if you have any suggestions for foods to add, please let me know.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,101 Member
    andrikosDE wrote: »
    Oh wow, I can see my spredsheet is still helping people. So happy to see that. I haven't updated it in a while, if you have any suggestions for foods to add, please let me know.

I don't see whelks in there, if I'm not mistaken? They're a good source of protein, I buy (boiled) whelks quite often for a high-protein snack:
    https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/finfish-and-shellfish-products/4199/2
    https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/finfish-and-shellfish-products/4200/2
  • AnnPT77
    andrikosDE wrote: »

I'm still urging it on people, every chance I get, @andrikosDE. So good to see you here, however briefly (longer would be good ;) ) . . . and not solely because it reduces my worry that the spreadsheets will disappear into the tech ether at some point. ;)

Thank you for creating this!
  • dylanblakeley
    dylanblakeley Posts: 2 Member
    So, because I am a bit of a newb, if I just stick to the top ten or so in every category, I'd be on the right track for a balanced diet? :)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    So, because I am a bit of a newb, if I just stick to the top ten or so in every category, I'd be on the right track for a balanced diet? :)

I think a better approach is to eat the way you like, don't change it too much, then see what you're low on and supplement with foods you like that are high in the nutrient you're having trouble with. Changing too much too soon unnecessarily is the worst thing a newb can do.
  • AnnPT77

I think a better approach is to eat the way you like, don't change it too much, then see what you're low on and supplement with foods you like that are high in the nutrient you're having trouble with. Changing too much too soon unnecessarily is the worst thing a newb can do.

QFT.

This thread describes an approach (process) you can consider, to do that:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Bumpity-bump!

Thanks so much for this thread. :)
  • AnnPT77
    Bumping again because sooo many protein questions lately, seems like.
  • alteredsteve175
    Bumpity bump!