What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Hmm, was gonna counter with "what about dancers, gymnasts, etc..." But I imagine the same is true, if they stop their regular activity.

I wish I could like it, get the same "high" as with running or cycling, like I never want to stop.

...guess I also wish I was a morning person...truth - I'm a zombie 'till noon, and resistance training is a chore to me (I'd rather clean a toilet)

i was a dancer and a runner and had all the lean muscle. and now - not. so there's that. so if it's not consistent - you have to do weights. cardio isn't going to cut it. :s

Oh yes do I get this and worst of all I'm clueless to strength training ....i have started watching YouTube videos because I dont want to do anything wrong and I'm too intimidated to ask people at the gym .....i wish they had trainers or did classes for the clueless like me 😣

You dancers, so when you stopped dancing regularly you lost the body composition?
    Question is, why not dance again? Instead of weight training?
    ...Because dance is so *kitten* brutal?!

My memory of ballet classes was it was the hardest exercise I've ever done... (I did competitive gymnastics as a kid, way easier than ballet) ...I was so *kitten* sore after ballet I struggled to walk up a flight of stairs the next day...and worse than any weight training I've ever done as an adult (which I'm sure isn't whats considered intense)

I actually still dance not professionally or even in classes but I do my old routines that were burned into me over the many years of ballet .....I also dance any type and love it above all else however my knees have had it rough...ballet only looks light and airy lol....so I had to slow down and the running which supplemented it has to slow down too. I've been told strength training may help regain my knee strength and allow more dance so that's my real goal.....but the muscle loss is funny for me anyway ....my body has good muscle memory I guess you'd call it when I dance as before I seem to gain it back fast....but when I had to slow down I've noticed the muscle loss fast as well😒...yay....I apologize if this isn't making sense .....basically I need to strength train to get my dancing back and hopefully get the muscles I had from dancing .....🤷....I hope that made sense 🙈🤗
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Hmm, was gonna counter with "what about dancers, gymnasts, etc..." But I imagine the same is true, if they stop their regular activity.

I wish I could like it, get the same "high" as with running or cycling, like I never want to stop.

...guess I also wish I was a morning person...truth - I'm a zombie 'till noon, and resistance training is a chore to me (I'd rather clean a toilet)

i was a dancer and a runner and had all the lean muscle. and now - not. so there's that. so if it's not consistent - you have to do weights. cardio isn't going to cut it. :s

Oh yes do I get this and worst of all I'm clueless to strength training ....i have started watching YouTube videos because I dont want to do anything wrong and I'm too intimidated to ask people at the gym .....i wish they had trainers or did classes for the clueless like me 😣

You dancers, so when you stopped dancing regularly you lost the body composition?

My memory of ballet classes was it was the hardest exercise I've ever done... (I did competitive gymnastics as a kid, way easier than ballet) ...I was so *kitten* sore after ballet I struggled to walk up a flight of stairs the next day...and worse than any weight training I've ever done as an adult (which I'm sure isn't whats considered intense)

I actually still dance not professionally or even in classes but I do my old routines that were burned into me over the many years of ballet .....I also dance any type and love it above all else however my knees have had it rough...ballet only looks light and airy lol....so I had to slow down and the running which supplemented it has to slow down too. I've been told strength training may help regain my knee strength and allow more dance so that's my real goal.....but the muscle loss is funny for me anyway ....my body has good muscle memory I guess you'd call it when I dance as before I seem to gain it back fast....but when I had to slow down I've noticed the muscle loss fast as well😒...yay....I apologize if this isn't making sense .....basically I need to strength train to get my dancing back and hopefully get the muscles I had from dancing .....🤷....I hope that made sense 🙈🤗

love that you still dance!! I love ballet...it's brutal and beautiful!

I used to waltz into the wall in ballet classes! (didn't wear my glasses?!)

I think I get it, to some extent...dance is a good workout - you engage muscles in an un-static way (if that makes sense)

And yes, I notice not being able to run (weather, and I have mental problems with the gym apparently) it's harder to do it again when I have the option
  • Tinydancer106
    Options

love that you still dance!! I love ballet...it's brutal and beautiful!

I used to waltz into the wall in ballet classes! (didn't wear my glasses?!)

I think I get it, to some extent...dance is a good workout - you engage muscles in an un-static way (if that makes sense)

And yes, I notice not being able to run (weather, and I have mental problems with the gym apparently) it's harder to do it again when I have the option

Yes!!! And girl believe me I have a whole slew of mishaps I've done in ballet classes and on stage over the years lol simple things can sometimes mess you up so badly ....I used to have an issue with fifth position .....like I had to really focus an hitting it all the time and even when I was older dancing in the company I still had to really pay attention to it....and that was ballet 101 so....lol it happens!🤷🙈 I hypotheses both knees over the years and has miniscule tears in both knees so that is another reason but you got what I was trying to say perfect lol....thank you for being so sweet and I bet you kicked *kitten* at both gymnastics and ballet!!🤗💐💗
  • Amanda_mermaid
    Amanda_mermaid Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Time to step up and get smokin hot now that I’m getting divorced.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    I didn't get the greatest news yesterday concerning my health but I'm going to try to keep my head up today unlike yesterday. There's always at least 1 positive thing in every day and I'm going to try to hold on to that.

Hug your loved ones a little tighter every day, you never know what can happen.

💔
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Contemplating taking the morning off just so I can sit in my car and finish listening to my audibles. Just as I get into the beginnings of the climactic long battle ending..... I have to turn off the car and head into work.
    This is what PTO is for, right?
    I can’t think of a better way to spend it right now.

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,053 Member
    Options
    I didn't get the greatest news yesterday concerning my health but I'm going to try to keep my head up today unlike yesterday. There's always at least 1 positive thing in every day and I'm going to try to hold on to that.

Hug your loved ones a little tighter every day, you never know what can happen.

s4hd89f2jzyi.gif
  • Tinydancer106
    Options

for me -i've got osteoarthritis in both knees, plantar fasciitis in both feet - and also currently *lol* hamstring and quad issues. flamenco is a very percussive type of dance and is super hard on the feet and knees. i tried it last year one more time - but with three classes - i realized it's time to hang up the shoes and pretty skirts. there's a time and season for everything.

💗💃💐🌹🌹🌹🌹
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    tams_89 wrote: »
    Hoping I get an interview for the job I applied for 🤞

Interview tomorrow 😁
    🤞 I get the job

Good luck! 😊
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Hoping I get an interview for the job I applied for 🤞

Interview tomorrow 😁
    🤞 I get the job

Best of luck!💕
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I haven't really been out much in the last 6 months, mainly because I am protecting myself from catching something and getting sick. This to say : I went to the grocery store and at the pharmacy and I saw kids dancing at both places. I'm assuming they were doing TikToks (like my daughter does). What is this world coming to? 🤣🤣

Ah - Tik Tok - so stupid - but I have partaken in a couple of videos in an attempt to get my daughter some extra laughs 🤷‍♂️

Oh so did I 🤣 I'm on there somewhere 😅