Coronavirus prep

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    amtyrell wrote: »
    If it is a nice day where you are can I encourage you all to get outside even if just to your yard or local park. I am not sure and the evidence is not in for covid-19 but Vitamin D in normal get some sun every day levels been shown to help immune system fight off other viruses. Also a bit of fresh air and exercise helps with anxiety, depression. So yeah get outside if at all possible at least 20 minutes a day.
    I ran out of vitamin d. Didn’t even think about stocking up on vitamins. Now the question is: stay home alone, or go out and take a chance to get the very vitamins that might save me. Guess I need to go find some dice to roll.

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    I found this link in Facebook. It has simulations on how the virus spreads under certain situations. It really illustrates how social distancing works. If it has been posted in here already, I apologize. I'm not sure I even did the link correctly :). It should be free because it is coronavirus related.

https://washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/?utm_source=pocket-newtab
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    I had a talk yesterday with a friend who is originally from Aleppo, in Syria. He has been in the States for 20 years but his family still lives in Syria. His dad is currently in a refugee camp because his town was being shelled. He has seen some stuff! We were talking about the Coronavirus and how Americans aren’t used to facing disasters, and how difficult it was getting to find supplies, and he said something wise.

He said, “While you’re getting all these things in case you have to quarantine, don’t forget the one most important thing to have on hand in an emergency!”

I said, “What’s that?”

He said, “Remember love. Take a moment and look around at the people with you and just appreciate that you are alive right now and every moment is precious. Don’t forget to bring love!”

This is the best thing I have read. Ever.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,974 Member
    at this stage (latest info I had anyway) Australia has not decided on closing schools- and i can seethe PM's point on this - children need to be looked after somewhere and are probably safer and less germ spreading machines at school than all over the place.

and less disruption to parents and community if they are at school.