The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    I want to drink tonight. My 3 month AF anniversary eve. I actually want to drink now, but work interferes with everything! I think I want to drink because I want so exert control over SOMETHING. I've been not drinking for 3 months and it doesn't feel like I'm controlling anything. OK, well here is hangover control. And blackout control. But if I just have 2 glasses, I won't have either of those.
  • mainelylisa
    @beka3695 Ya, for me on this 3 month anniversary which I almost ruined last night (but went to bed at 8 instead), I feel like I'm at the 7-year itch in an AF marriage. I'm getting restless, the sex is boooooring, and there is no fun on the horizon, dammit! And what about the edginess? I think there could be fun an edginess in my photography or in my memoir writing or in online poker (for real money muhahahaha), but all those take some effort to learn and build those new habits. I think I just need a coach to kick my butt.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    @lorrainequiche59 Congratulations!!!!!
  • Doxmum
    Doxmum Posts: 127 Member
    @FoolishJoy: Welcome! You should be proud. You've accomplished a LOT in 2 years. BTW, I love that age in kids, 21 months. They are sooo busy - LOL. It's why we have our babies when we're young.

Namaste
  • mainelylisa
    @FeelinFooFoo I'm so glad you're part of this community (and Less Alcohol). You're like sunshine. Or the daughter I never had. Can I adopt you? :)