What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    That looks so yummy!
    Very easy to do. I blitzed together some tinned pineapple and a tin of coconut milk in the food processor, added rum and sugar to taste and froze in a metal tin in the freezer, scraping down large ice crystals with a fork every 30 minutes or so for about 3 hours. Transfer to a sealed tub once made. If the texture is too icy (not enough sugar or alcohol) you can loosen some up in the food processor before serving.

The macaroons were made by beating egg whites and a half and half mix of sugar and splenda, adding dessicated coconut and spooninhg onto a silicon paper lined cookie sheet and baked maybe 15 minutes.

Google recipes for exact quantities.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Slow cooked Beef Chuck with Spaghetti squash and Banana Peppers. I served it over brown rice.
    It was a tad too sour for the kids. Maybe less banana peppers next time.
  • Madison9776
    Madison9776 Posts: 52 Member
    wd9f0lnvwblt.jpeg
    Spinach and arugula pizza with red sauce, mozzarella, and goat cheese. After tonight’s piece, I have two lunches and two dinners pre prepped!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    a4xf5qd929w5.jpg
    Doguet's rice, jalapeno and black pepper chicken thighs, and veggie stir fry--all cooked with coconut oil.
  • weatherking2019
    Cauliflower steaks and Grilled cabbage! I made these sides for the BBQ on the weekend. It was a hit! Seasoned with Olive oil, Salt and Pepper. So simple, so good!!
  • caitlinbc87
    caitlinbc87 Posts: 58 Member
    edited July 2020
    Lean ground turkey burrito bowl with brown rice.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    pgqkogke0lu4.jpg
    Pesto Jack chicken, zoodles with ragu and mushrooms, broccoli with carrots
  • BackwoodsDarlin
    BackwoodsDarlin Posts: 109 Member
    Tonight's supper. ... I decided to cook Pan Seared Chipotle Mustard Quail Breasts with Parmesan Crusted Roasted Asparagus & Cherry T'maters.... Heaven on a plate! 😍

hh1rckkuprvt.jpg
  • weatherking2019
    Salad for lunch: Romaine, Red Cabbage, Cucumber, my garden Tomatoes, half of Avocado, Green olives, Smoked salmon, some cheese and sprinkled Hemp hearts dressed with Italian dressing.
    So delicious!
  • acpgee
    Happy to report I liked the Txuleton steak from retired dairy cow. Not tougher than regular rib eye as the mature meat was very well marbled. The taste of the older animal was stronger and gamier than normal beef, similar to venison. In the future, beef in this household will come from retired dairy cows..
    vvamavvn8kp5.jpeg

• applekandi
    applekandi Posts: 26 Member
    y2vg40cfcrhf.jpg

Chickpea pasta, pan seared chicken seasoned with garlic, thyme, rosemary, and basil, a white wine reduction sauce with cream, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, brussel sprouts, topped with fresh grated parmesean cheese. So yummy. Leftovers for dinner tomorrow :smiley:
  • _canadianbakin_
    _canadianbakin_ Posts: 413 Member
    No pic, but I made beef stroganoff with rice and yellow beans.
  • acpgee
    Dinner today was a bit geographically confused. A starter of ryvita and smoked mackerel pate I made and some creamed spinach the hubby made. Main was simplified peking duck breast, but served with all the trimmings.
    hyxg3ejg17r5.jpeg
    ieojmb5rf2uv.jpeg

• weatherking2019
    last night I made: Corned beef with veggies and madajura. It was so good :D
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Steak, egg and mushrooms
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Farro with roasted carrots- SO good, healthy, low cal and vegetarian: https://cookieandkate.com/roasted-carrots-recipe-with-farro-chickpeas/
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Breakfast tacos