Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Gym Users in the Northeastern US: How safe do you feel going to the gym these days? My Planet Fitness (don't judge me ;) ) opened several weeks ago, but I still haven't gone after seeing most folks not wearing masks or incorrectly. Have there been gyms that have opened, but then had to close?
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Gym Users in the Northeastern US: How safe do you feel going to the gym these days? My Planet Fitness (don't judge me ;) ) opened several weeks ago, but I still haven't gone after seeing most folks not wearing masks or incorrectly. Have there been gyms that have opened, but then had to close?

Not in the northeast but in IL my gym had 45k check ins since reopening, IL Orange Theory Fitness over 100k and no issues (this was as of a couple weeks ago, but haven't heard problems since).
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? I got flagged for trying to make someone chuckle??
    Someone's a ******.

I thought it was rather funny. :)
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Are you kidding me? I got flagged for trying to make someone chuckle??
    Someone's a ******.
    I rolled my eyes when I saw that 🙄

ETA the flagging that is, not your original comment.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    I'm using this one for washing my masks.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsZhY94bFXFvjg8oVAQPD4umXxPgyRk6Ewfoj5PNATsQJMufipgQK_jjlCfLo1X3eCYgp77ZKT&usqp=CAY
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    I went to the Salvation Army this a.m. and good change from last time is everyone is wearing masks now, Thank You Gov. Scott!! I load up my arms with books and puzzles, get to the counter, set them down, and the clerk starts coughing, hacking and sneezing. Oy :( I told her to keep the change, hoping to keep contact to a minimum but she said she was required to give me the receipt. :/ I'm sure it was just a cold.

I hope.

Here it’s also mandatory to give the receipt. Most stores I’ve been to have reorganized the tills and turned the receipt printer towards the customer so they can just say ”your receipt is there” and customers can easily grab it if they want it. I really hope it stays this way even post-pandemic, so there’s no need for that awkward social interaction and less germ exchange for the clerk.

What's odd about someone handing another person a piece of paper (absent germ considerations)?
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I went to the Salvation Army this a.m. and good change from last time is everyone is wearing masks now, Thank You Gov. Scott!! I load up my arms with books and puzzles, get to the counter, set them down, and the clerk starts coughing, hacking and sneezing. Oy :( I told her to keep the change, hoping to keep contact to a minimum but she said she was required to give me the receipt. :/ I'm sure it was just a cold.

I hope.

Horrible!! And she didn't even understand your gentle hint.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »

I hope.

Here it’s also mandatory to give the receipt. Most stores I’ve been to have reorganized the tills and turned the receipt printer towards the customer so they can just say ”your receipt is there” and customers can easily grab it if they want it. I really hope it stays this way even post-pandemic, so there’s no need for that awkward social interaction and less germ exchange for the clerk.

Funny thing!! I was sitting in the restaurant drive through line while reading this. So I reach the pay window and the cashier no longer touches the card if we have Chip & Pin. She hands me the same credit card machine everyone else touched, I put my card in and touch the same pin pad everyone else used, and remove my card. She tears off the credit card slip and enters the Authorization number into her transaction on the cash register. Then she hands me the slip. I go to the pickup window, they hand me the food, and with the till receipt in hand she asks me if I want it or not. Guess I'd touched everything else already so that was just one more thing.