What's on your mind?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Do forums ever bring about the worst in anyone else?

Last few weeks I've been feeling awful after coming here, when I used to have so much fun here. Can't explain all the emotions really. Just "down, sad, ragey and jealous"

Just keeps wrecking my day - so I abstained (for 2 days🙁) *WoW what a commitment* a couple of times these past few weeks.

...anyhow I think its a "me" problem, so I shouldn't avoid the "source" of my 'problem'?
    Just work on me and stuff?

realize? desensitize? and try to come to peace with?

I'm sorry you feel these things , but I don't see them in you on the forums "ragey" never. 🤗
    You're a sweet, wonderful, lovely lady and I thoroughly enjoy your often thought provoking posts.

I take nothing seriously on here and whilst as someone mentioned there is a lot of behind the scenes happenings and dramas between some that leaks in here a little, it doesn't affect me or the fun times on the silly threads.

I'm here for a laugh, full stop. The day I stop being amused is the day I'll leave I guess. Fortunately I find amusement in pretty much everything so I'm never leaving 😂

wait.

you're Aussie, right?

you said "whilst" .

... is "whilst" commonly used in Oz ??

I thought only our cousins across the little pond said "whilst"
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited August 2020
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Last few weeks I've been feeling awful after coming here, when I used to have so much fun here. Can't explain all the emotions really. Just "down, sad, ragey and jealous"

Just keeps wrecking my day - so I abstained (for 2 days🙁) *WoW what a commitment* a couple of times these past few weeks.

...anyhow I think its a "me" problem, so I shouldn't avoid the "source" of my 'problem'?

I'm sorry you feel these things , but I don't see them in you on the forums "ragey" never. 🤗
    You're a sweet, wonderful, lovely lady and I thoroughly enjoy your often thought provoking posts.

I take nothing seriously on here and whilst as someone mentioned there is a lot of behind the scenes happenings and dramas between some that leaks in here a little, it doesn't affect me or the fun times on the silly threads.

I'm here for a laugh, full stop. The day I stop being amused is the day I'll leave I guess. Fortunately I find amusement in pretty much everything so I'm never leaving 😂

wait.

you're Aussie, right?

you said "whilst" .

I am Aussie, therefore I make up my own rules for everything 😆
    Yeah, we say whilst, no surprise as most of our ancestors were originally from across the pond 😂
  • KLoGetsHealthy
    KLoGetsHealthy Posts: 272 Member
    When is it acceptable to start hurricane drinking? Should I pre nap?
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member

The real question is, when is it acceptable to stop?
  • Motorsheen

wait.

you're Aussie, right?

you said "whilst" .

I am Aussie, therefore I make up my own in rules 😆
    Yeah, we say whilst, no surprise as most of our ancestors were originally from across the pond 😂

I just have some Aussie friends and I've never heard that from them.

Yeah, it seems like all roads lead to London...... so to speak.
  • KLoGetsHealthy
    KLoGetsHealthy Posts: 272 Member
    hrichts wrote: »

The real question is, when is it acceptable to stop?

I know that answer already. 😂
    When the rain stops.
  • slimgirljo15
    edited August 2020

wait.

you're Aussie, right?

you said "whilst" .

Yeah, it seems like all roads lead to London...... so to speak.

It's probably not as common in spoken word as it is written. I can't remember saying it but do write it 🤷‍♀️
    I don't write as I would speak, none of you would understand me 😂

Nobody murders the English language like an Aussie 🤣
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member

wait.

you're Aussie, right?

you said "whilst" .

Yeah, it seems like all roads lead to the queen...... so to speak.

Fify
  • Motorsheen
    hrichts wrote: »

wait.

you're Aussie, right?

you said "whilst" .

Yeah, it seems like all roads lead to the queen...... so to speak.

Fify

The Queen's cool....

That being said, her little sister, Margaret, would have been the one for the party.
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    lliwzucb6q7z.jpg

I made a small test batch of homemade marinara sauce. I smoked some tomatoes this weekend so I used what was left over. Those tomatoes gave this sauce a twist. Not bad for my first try making marinara sauce🙂

Awesome! 😊
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member

I feel that way often after being on the forums.
    One must develop some pretty serious “thick skin”.
    I try to remember, it really doesn’t matter but it still affects me. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’ve decided for me,
    if it isn’t fun, why do it!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    edited August 2020
    I have to say goodbye to the only good friend I made in the last three years. But at least we are planning a trip to Prague soon.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    I have to say goodbye to the only good friend I made in the last three years. But at least we are planning a trip to Prague soon.

I'm sorry. Hugs.

Thank you so much. Appreciate it🤗🤗
  • slimgirljo15
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I like it here. A lot. But I'm not a seasoned MFP-er like some of you are. Sometimes(make it many times) I feel out of whatever loop is going around but I find myself highly entertained and laughing anyways. Since I need entertaining and laughter I think I'll stay for awhile. :)

I wish everybody felt comfortable, accepted, happy here. :smile: Comfort, acceptance and happiness can be quite rare at times yet we all need it.

Certain things used to bother me; not on the chit chat part but on other threads. I try to keep my mouth shut now and mind my own business. :/ But the chit chat is my favorite part. :) Maybe I'm just easily amused. :blush:

I hope everyone has a wonderful night, morning, afternoon, wherever you are. <3

It's been nice reading your posts so I'm glad to see you are staying 🤗
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I like it here. A lot. But I'm not a seasoned MFP-er like some of you are. Sometimes(make it many times) I feel out of whatever loop is going around but I find myself highly entertained and laughing anyways. Since I need entertaining and laughter I think I'll stay for awhile. :)

I wish everybody felt comfortable, accepted, happy here. :smile: Comfort, acceptance and happiness can be quite rare at times yet we all need it.

Certain things used to bother me; not on the chit chat part but on other threads. I try to keep my mouth shut now and mind my own business. :/ But the chit chat is my favorite part. :) Maybe I'm just easily amused. :blush:

It's been nice reading your posts so I'm glad to see you are staying 🤗

Aww you made me happy, thanks :)
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member

You are a breath of fresh air here ❤ I'm also glad you're here.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

You are a breath of fresh air here ❤ I'm also glad you're here.

You all are so sweet. <3
  • Motorsheen

I read this as: A trip to Plague

and thought, well... you won't have far to travel.