Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

The most polarizing food: where do you stand?

1333435363739»

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ^whatever these things are (including candy corn and those pumpkins too) - they are just disgusting imo...regular jelly beans too (not the gourmet ones though...)
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    ^whatever these things are (including candy corn and those pumpkins too) - they are just disgusting imo...regular jelly beans too (not the gourmet ones though...)

Jelly beans in general are pretty gross... the only thing that makes jelly belly jelly beans good is the unique flavors
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    They are called panned eggs - marshmallowish filling with candy coating. Ok when really fresh, nasty as they age - they turn into a lump of sugar.
  • pancakerunner
    de46m1lcjuky.png
    thoughts on these?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    I thought the ghost cookie was a person sticking their tongue out and why was that included in a halloween themed package. :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    de46m1lcjuky.png
    thoughts on these?

LOVE them. I bake them until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I hate when people underbake them. They taste like childhood to me and I crave them every. so often.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    I thought the ghost cookie was a person sticking their tongue out and why was that included in a halloween themed package. :)

I knew it was a ghost and still thought it was just a ghost sticking his tongue out until I read your post and realized it wasn't. :D
  • glassyo
    glassyo wrote: »

I knew it was a ghost and still thought it was just a ghost sticking his tongue out until I read your post and realized it wasn't. :D

That ghost is still sticking his/her tongue out!

I wonder if there's some psychological reason why I saw a person and you saw the actual ghost (other than I'm weird :) )
  • pancakerunner
    de46m1lcjuky.png
    thoughts on these?

LOVE them. I bake them until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I hate when people underbake them. They taste like childhood to me and I crave them every. so often.

With a glass of milk! yess
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Overly sweet and a dry texture means I shouldn't bother.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Oh, when I saw the pic I that this was going to be a debate on pancakes versus waffles.
  • glassyo
    I was just thinking about this thread.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    There are many foods that others seem to enjoy that I just can’t stand either because they are too sweet or because I find them gross. I can’t do most traditional cakes and cookies as I find them way too sweet. I hate fondant and buttercream frosting. Whipped cream is delicious though. Oreos, sugar cookies like in the OP, Twinkies….yuck.

Pork is another one I find absolutely disgusting and I know from studying Parasitology and from working in the medical field that modern refrigeration and cooking techniques are NOT enough to kill parasites as I have patients coming in with infestations. Raw meat or fish of any kind or any organ meat also turns my stomach.

I do love all vegetables and fruits and any grain though. I also will try any type of cuisine as long as the dish doesn’t contain one of the items mentioned above.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,321 Member
    Cream 🤮🤮🤮 it’s disgusting in any form. And I don’t even like semi skimmed milk as it’s too creamy - have to have skimmed. If I’m ever served trifle or a desert with cream, I pass it to my OH who eats all the cream for me then hands it back 🤣
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Pork is another one I find absolutely disgusting and I know from studying Parasitology and from working in the medical field that modern refrigeration and cooking techniques are NOT enough to kill parasites as I have patients coming in with infestations. Raw meat or fish of any kind or any organ meat also turns my stomach.

Interesting. I think part of the reason I went off pork as a youngster (like age 7 or 8) was my father telling me about pork parasites. TMI for an impressionable child, dad. Although the texture of pork was another big factor.

I almost wish he'd have come up with something equally unsavoury about sugar because there is almost nothing that I would ever describe as "too sweet" and I eat waaaay too much sugar. As for the original Lofthouse cookies, I occasionally buy them but I wish they didn't come as such a big pack because one or two are about all my conscience will let me eat and my coworkers get the rest.