Calorie Counter

Message Boards Debate: Health and Fitness
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The most polarizing food: where do you stand?

1333435363739»

Replies

• AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 17,054 Member Member, Premium Posts: 17,054 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Class name for this type of candy (candy corn, the pumpkins, Christmas shapes of similar stuff): Mellowcremes. Often contain shellac (from insect cocoons) and carnauba wax. Also generally not vegetarian (gelatin).

Weird little food, mellowcremes. (I've eaten them, I'm not dissing them.)

One thing I cannot stand are mellowcreme jelly bean things... not sure the exact word

47ay6p23z02q.png
    these

I don't think those are technically mellowcremes, are they? Those look marshmallow or creme-ish filled. Mellowcremes are like candy corn or the little flat-bottom pumpkins with thick green stems on top, all solid candy of the same type all the way through, IMU, maybe a shiny coating on the outside.

Interview with Brach's, whose parent company that owns the "mellowcreme" trademark:

https://www.allrecipes.com/article/difference-between-mellowcreme-pumpkins-and-candy-corn/
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 7,827 Member Member Posts: 7,827 Member
    ^whatever these things are (including candy corn and those pumpkins too) - they are just disgusting imo...regular jelly beans too (not the gourmet ones though...)
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 4,638 Member Member Posts: 4,638 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    ^whatever these things are (including candy corn and those pumpkins too) - they are just disgusting imo...regular jelly beans too (not the gourmet ones though...)

Jelly beans in general are pretty gross... the only thing that makes jelly belly jelly beans good is the unique flavors
  • JelaanJelaan Member Posts: 735 Member Member Posts: 735 Member
    They are called panned eggs - marshmallowish filling with candy coating. Ok when really fresh, nasty as they age - they turn into a lump of sugar.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 4,638 Member Member Posts: 4,638 Member
    de46m1lcjuky.png
    thoughts on these?
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 4,877 Member Member Posts: 4,877 Member
    I thought the ghost cookie was a person sticking their tongue out and why was that included in a halloween themed package. :)
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 5,765 Member Member Posts: 5,765 Member
    de46m1lcjuky.png
    thoughts on these?

LOVE them. I bake them until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I hate when people underbake them. They taste like childhood to me and I crave them every. so often.
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 5,765 Member Member Posts: 5,765 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    I thought the ghost cookie was a person sticking their tongue out and why was that included in a halloween themed package. :)

I knew it was a ghost and still thought it was just a ghost sticking his tongue out until I read your post and realized it wasn't. :D
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 4,877 Member Member Posts: 4,877 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

I knew it was a ghost and still thought it was just a ghost sticking his tongue out until I read your post and realized it wasn't. :D

That ghost is still sticking his/her tongue out!

I wonder if there's some psychological reason why I saw a person and you saw the actual ghost (other than I'm weird :) )
    de46m1lcjuky.png
    thoughts on these?

LOVE them. I bake them until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I hate when people underbake them. They taste like childhood to me and I crave them every. so often.

With a glass of milk! yess
  • SilkysausageSilkysausage Member Posts: 539 Member Member Posts: 539 Member
    Overly sweet and a dry texture means I shouldn't bother.