TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,144 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

[

Hey, here's a good thing. Last week I refilled my prescription for estrogen cream I use a few times a week on my lady parts. It was super expensive last year and hard to get - well over $100 for the tube.... I MADE it last, believe me. Well I finally couldn't squeeze another molecule out of the tube so my doc called in the refill. I checked online, the GoodRX price was like $42....better than $100. When I got there to pick it up, the pharmacist said $12.50.

I was floored. I'd heard that some law?? went through that was supposed to lower drug prices but not for a few months... what a pleasant surprise. I'd noticed when I refilled DH's prescriptions a few months ago, they were somewhat lower as well.

Wish the PUD and water company would follow suit. ;)

Cleaner is supposed to come tomorrow, the house is a little smokey so not sure if she wants to chance it or not, will leave it up to her. If she only wants to do a few things then jet, I'll give her that option. Mainly I want to load her up with more apples and tomatoes, lol.

OK better get going on supper. Make it a great week, ladies! <3

Lanette
    Smokey SW WA State

my husband noticed his meds cost less last time but thought it was because of change in his medical right now(they have lifted the limit on hours retirees can work so now that he is back full time, they are covering his medical so giving him back $300 every month- and that got lifted indeffinately)- He will be picking up my nebulizer meds tonight. Maybe it is the new law- what ever, we appreciate it.

Debbie
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,899 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    [Your description of the cafes is interesting. Totally different from what we have here.

Ginny in Ohio

What are your cafes like?

M in Oz

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    Everyone have a great night
    Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,557 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-
    Walk w/family- Apple Watch only, 154min, 3.2ap, = 726c
    Strava app= 1002c
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Machka – beef jerky is more my style too, toast is 2, coffee is D

Tracey – great picture!

Carol – peach --- you have a group of creative people here what are some of your favorite proteins and veggies… maybe one of us can share a recipe!

Thinking of your BnL do you bring it to the home? Or is it delivered by Instacart? If you bring it maybe you could “buy ahead” and then just deliver the items one at a time as he requests it.

Beth – maybe we can help – see what I said to Carol

Heather – I heard about the rule of 6 and wondered how that works, there is a family on my street that has 8 living together…mom, dad, 3 kids, 2 grandmas and 1 grandpa…. What happens to them? Do some have to move out? They bought here about 3 years ago and have always been a multi-generational home.

Allie – you read your SIL very well, so what I don’t understand is why she needed to be told you were going to the cottage? Could you have not told her you would watch Faith on Thursday but have a Friday – Sunday commitment?

Betsey – great news!

Debbie, you and I do meal planning exactly the same the garden and sales rule the planning.

Kim from N. California
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,745 Member
    Options
    Lanette - you are too kind. thank you.

Ginny - if you right click on the message and select rules you can mark as safe Amazon should go to your inbox.

Had a fairly decent day at work, my boss called me Sweetie and Sugar today. Very weird.

Tracey in Edmonton

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Dr. Katie: I’m so sorry about your fall and the hurt pinky finger. You’ve had some good advice about making a splint. I hope all goes well. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: I hope you wind up getting your cards cleared and no lost money. PS: We’re all self-absorbed now and then. You aren't the only one. I hope everything comes out okay. :heart:

Faye: Air quality is a little better here at 8:15 PM. I hope it is noticeably better for you by morning. Keeping my fingers crossed. :star:

Lanette: I’m happy your prescription refills were lower than anticipated. YAY!!! :bigsmile:

Tracy: Your boss has finally caught a clue about your excellent skills. It is past time. I hope she doesn’t forget again. (((hugs)))

Air quality is better now that it is dark outside. It has been full of smoke most of the day. I’m hoping tomorrow is better, but not counting on it.

Good news!!! The refrigerator repairman came and got things working in good order. Yay!!!

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Lunch Walk Today ...

Distance: 4.30km
    Moving Time: 44:49
    Pace: 10:25/km
    Elevation: 28m

I stopped at one of our local fresh fruit and veg (and a few other things) market on the way back to pick up fruit for my fruit bowl on my work desk, a packaged Indian meal we like, and leatherwood honey.

We have access to some of these:

98gcobyc98op.png
    http://www.maharajahschoice.com/product_ready_meals.php

Today I got the Dhal Makhani. If I can find it, I really like the Paneer Palak. We also go with the Dhal Tadka and sometimes the Paneer Tikka Masala. We do prefer the somewhat milder choices. :)

So if we decide to eat the Dhal Makhani tonight, we'll have it with rice and veg and maybe a bit of chicken. Plus I think we've got Naan bread we can have with it. :) Quick and easy!

Machka in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,494 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: rx, pooches down drive, progress weeding flowerbed.
    Bonus: roasted and pickled beets, mat raking Tumble continues.
    Get to do: recycling, Post Office, BiMart, Freddie’s, take pics of car, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, Pilot tech support 5034447924 to link subscription and fix login, measure potential greenhouse space and distance to outlet, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishbes and sow; weed drive again, finish weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, Tuesday: call Progressive adjuster,
    Self Care September
    14: talk kindly to yourself as if to someone you love:

Still smoky this morning so we both didn’t feel up to the beach.

Katla glad your mask is working for both.
    Heather happy for Johnny that he gets to be with a friend and view cricket. Really happy for you that you got some alone time in your home to enjoy your newly redone floors. ;)
    KJ too bad your DH and son don’t share your enthusiasms. They don’t know what they’re missing.
    Allie “drum circle”?
    Lisa so glad the VA doc ordered your labs and you were (finally) able to produce. Such a sudden and complete fatigue is worrisome. Fingers X’d for some answers or at least “next steps” from the GI clinic tomorrow afternoon.
    Terri and Margaret, I too need to be more consistent with my knee exercises… they tell me when I’m not, but then it takes too long to get back to where I was. ;(
    Faye will your warrioress maskneck top be the same color as in the pic, or???
    Julie will you be able to meet with the friendly and interesting people at the new school? Either in person or via Zoom?
    Debbie in Napa :love: the cats!
    Kay owww!
    Michele are the bowlers masked? Hard to imagine there being enough room for teams to keep social distance.
    Machka have you started on that last assignment? I’m so excited for you!

Just stepped outside with Joe and the dogs. Cooler, fresher air and look! We can see stars!

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    August: better than July.
    daily: sit with Joe: 15, weigh: 14, steps>5491=5533 vits=13.5 log=13 CI<CO=9 CI<250<CO=6 Tumble & Shadow 5=14 mfp=14 outside=12 up hill=13
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3= rx=2 dance= clean 30 mins=3.5
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant= 20for20=
    bonus: AF=8 play= sew=
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Hi all, drive by posting, I'm caught up reading, but it's getting near bedtime!
    Kim, I think the rule of 6 is when all involved don't already live together. Your family of 8 have been cohabitating for some time now, so they would be fine. I'm not sure how it would work to have outsiders involved tho....
    Here, we have our "bubbles", when the pandemic first started, the bubble was your immediate household, so just hubby and I, then we were allowed to let a few others in. We immediately set up a time with our son, daughter in law and grandkids! That's also when my friend and I started walking on Sunday mornings again and when our "group" of ladies started getting together in the backyard, still socially distant and outside, so playing it safe. Our cases have been climbing steadily, it's a bit frightening really. I think too many people have just become complacent and perhaps a bit careless. I'm trying to keep contact to a minimum and wearing a mask. A mask still isn't required at work, altho many customers are wearing them, we can stay far enough away from others, but I do see a time in the not so distant future where they may become mandatory and that is my project for Wed afternoon, making some masks, modifying a pattern that I like for the most part, but I'm not happy with the ties, so need to see what I can figure out for them.
    Betsey, so happy to hear of your sister's good news!
    Lisa, also so very happy to hear that you have gotten some time with various medical personnel and truly hope that you/they can get to the "bottom" (sorry!) of the problem.
    That's all the personal stuff I can remember now, sorry!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to any newbies that might be lurking!
    Evelyn, on smoky Vancouver Island, where it actually rained for a few minutes this afternoon!
  • marycilec
    marycilec Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Please add me to your group, I do not know how to do it. I am 53.5 years old and 212.5 pounds and 5 feet tall. I am looking for new women friends only. I need to lose 60-75 pounds and have been trying for 30 years. I have been with myfitnesspal for over one year and consistently meet my eating goals, but have trouble exercising. I have crohns and have trouble bending, cannot run or ride a bike. My exercise goal is one hour daily but I rarely meet it. My eating goal is between 1000 and 1300 calories.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,223 Member
    Options
    Kim - Evelyn is right! :D
    It's all a bit complicated and confusing though, but numbers are going up at a great rate. :s Even in Hove. Still lower, but rising FAST.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Machka9
    Options
    marycilec wrote: »
    Please add me to your group, I do not know how to do it. I am 53.5 years old and 212.5 pounds and 5 feet tall. I am looking for new women friends only. I need to lose 60-75 pounds and have been trying for 30 years. I have been with myfitnesspal for over one year and consistently meet my eating goals, but have trouble exercising. I have crohns and have trouble bending, cannot run or ride a bike. My exercise goal is one hour daily but I rarely meet it. My eating goal is between 1000 and 1300 calories.

Welcome here!

This is just a thread in a subforum of a forum on MFP so all you need to do is post here as much or as little as you like.

M in Oz
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    :|
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,223 Member
    Options
    Loads of replies to my pots. :D

It looks like DH is going to cancel the fridge order. They said they would refund the money. Supply problems etc, but we don't have any confidence in the quality or transparency of service. Hope the money comes back OK. :/

Now to look for another one.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @ginny, I have found cleaning people not great of late. often they don't like to clean up tough mess, like a thing on floor that needs a bit of a scrub. I can do it so it's manageable, but what about people who are simply to invalid to do so! This one actually said : "it's not housework, it's a cleaning" = meaning it's more spring cleaning than weekly housework. From my experience housework = weekly work plus occasional touch ups on monthly, seasonal, yearly cleaning.

@Barbara mostly we can NOT meet at this school. they just decided last week that SOME of us will have 100% distance classes so the others can have 100% present classes. It stinks. its like SOME of us remain confined.
    Some prefer the distance but not most.

@Heather, bummer about cancelling the nice black fridge! I'm sure you'll find something. I find there are way more delays than usual these days. for big things here a few weeks delay is not unusual at all.

When I ordered my bed a few years ago at the shop it took about 3 weeks minimum for delivery.

its supposed to be 90 today and is already 80, but doesn't feel hot at all so far at home.
    I dragged myself out for an early walk to avoid the big heat: only 60s at 7:30 am.
    Went to café, read the paper, I ordered a Tea: surprise, at this café, tea at the bar is 2.60 and not 4.50 or so at a table. Usually it's just espresso which is cheaper at the bar. Nice surprise. Ran into the district/arrondissment mayor and her cultural assistant outside at the café. I know them a bit but didn't talk much as they seemed to be in a meeting and didn't want to bother them. They were friendly. the mayor who usually looks very peppy (very modern-looking woman in her 40s, friendly sociable, left-wing modern communicative, active w sense of humour and seems pretty kind and gentle for a politician ), looked a bit haggard relatively speaking (usually always looks so chipper) and was smoking. she must not be much of a morning person. or maybe they had a complex or disheartening situation to deal with.

Walked to the cemetery to sit. I go there rather than the park of late: less people, quiet.
    Then back home and some emails.

Today:
    1) pick up floor, especially papers.
    2) order bookshelves

3) Afternoon: class about distance classes. was going to go in person but with the heatwave (90°) I'm gonna follow it online. Masks for 3h in a room with others (surely at a distance) at 90° is pretty rough. I probably wouldn't be able to bear 3h. I find it hard to breath with a mask when It gets really hot.

not doing great. this post-confinement, possibly pre-confinement is not great for the moral for a person living alone in an apartment with a balcony but no yard.

everything is complicated !
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    COVID in France
    It's been 100% masks in Paris everywhere inside and outside for a few weeks. wearing them outside is of questionable value. so if you sit on a park bench you have to wear one, but if you are eating or drinking or sitting in a café (even if you finished eating an hour before), you don't. cyclers, joggers, and smokers are able to go mask free.

many people wear them around the neck. it's really hard to wear 100% masks.
    not easy to recognise people either.

5,4% of people tested in 7 days in France have COVID.

https://fr.statista.com/infographie/21970/covid-19-coronavirus-part-des-tests-de-depistage-positifs-en-europe/

it's higher in spain and Ukraine.
    my school director says the rate of positivity is 8% for students. I don't see any proof of that but it is now said that the main people who have Covid is people aged 15-40.

average age of hospitalisation is 71 years old.

there's a fear of reconfinement.
    I consider buying the cheapest possible new car and leaving town.
    now I understand why camping cars and RVs have been attractive; for city people who can't bear being closed in and masked. I have a couple of people in my larger circle of less-close friends who were living in vans for some months, due to confinement, or post-confinement at least one coming from Paris. apparently 100,000 people left Paris after deconfinement.
    people who lived in homes with yards and in a nice family or couple seemed to really enjoy the confinement in many cases. I don't know if that's the case much for people living alone in a city apartment.
    [spoiler/b]