WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Tracey – out of the mouths of babes!!! So cute

Oh, I have my Christmas cards bought. Not written out yet, but bought.

OK, ladies – what in the world is this???

62t95xb2xvo4.jpg

Michele NC

How long is it? Could be a meat tenderizer or for turning big pieces of meat like a roast or turkey. I’ve see the long ones used to toast marshmallows on a fire, could also be part of a bbq spit.

RvRita
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Well hot diggity dog im going to N.H. tomorrow am
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    We have clouds & wet pavement. There is currently no visible smoke in the air we are breathing. 😁😍

Yea!!!! Send the rain this way!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Hooray, Katla! :D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Fayetta,

The weather vanes on the boats in the marina are all pointed towards the east. I hope they’ll bring a some quality air your way but the air here isn’t wonderful. It is a little better. For one example, I can see buildings & the outlines of trees over on the Washington side of the river.
    One day at a time . . .
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Cool and damp here today, air seems better. We may get some rain later. DD is getting a tattoo today after work. It is to commemorate her dad who died last year. He was an avid chess player and teacher so she is getting a knight chess piece tattoo. It seems appropriate as she is into horses.

She will be late coming home so mom and I are going to have a salad for supper. DD is bringing home Godiva chocolate cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory for dessert. I have done extra exercise but doubt it will make up for all of those calories.

Katla - glad your air is clearing a bit. How is Arrow Doing? Will you have an opportunity to ride again before too long?

Pip - congrats on all the new things in your life. How is Yogi doing with all the changes?
    Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    AQI 148!!! This is BETTER!!! (AQI=Air Quality Index) We are west of Portland. Our weather forecast says possible thunder and lightning at about 1pm. That might be exciting. :star:

Barbara: I’d not only carry the gun, but I’d practice with it before walking the dog. It has been a while since we used our guns, so I am definitely out of practice. Your safety is at risk. Back when the cougar was roaming here, It too some dogs right off the leash while their owners were walking them. :heart:

(((Bananas))): I hope you feel better. :flowerforyou:

Machka: Six ways to wake a human is hilarious. :bigsmile:

Pip: I’m curious about your pup’s head gear.:star:

I am frustrated with the Vet’s office staff. I called in for an appointment yesterday & was told to be there at a set time today. I was there with the dog. The staff said that Dr. F wouldn’t be in until later and I should come back tomorrow at 11am and wait for a turn. :ohwell:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

That’s and pic of Bullwinkle when she was alive, she probably had a rash
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Cool and damp here today, air seems better. We may get some rain later. DD is getting a tattoo today after work. It is to commemorate her dad who died last year. He was an avid chess player and teacher so she is getting a knight chess piece tattoo. It seems appropriate as she is into horses.

She will be late coming home so mom and I are going to have a salad for supper. DD is bringing home Godiva chocolate cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory for dessert. I have done extra exercise but doubt it will make up for all of those calories.

Katla - glad your air is clearing a bit. How is Arrow Doing? Will you have an opportunity to ride again before too long?

Pip - congrats on all the new things in your life. How is Yogi doing with all the changes?
    Everyone take care Sue in WA

Yogi is a stud, he hasn’t skipped a beat
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    Julie - those are the same symptoms we can’t go to work with, but ours is worded as “a worsening” or “change in” coughs, tiredness, etc. We have had one staff member with allergies be off 3 times now with a Covid year each time because his allergies have been worse this summer than normal and not responding to his usual meds. He has been negative every time.

Machka- I feel I would walk a lot more if I had your scenery. City streets just don’t cut it.

We’re getting some hazy skies from the smoke you all have been experiencing today.

I live just outside of Edmonton in a small city with a population of 33000. We have not had to wear masks here as we haven’t had more than 3 cases at once and mostly have only had 1. A few weeks ago Edmonton mandates masks in all public spaces, a lot of Edmonton people have started coming out here to shop. I have strong opinions about this that I’ll keep to myself but you can probably imagine. Anyway, today we now have 6 active cases. Very frustrating.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    10 days in bad air and no-mow and my lawn was getting out of control. With a wet cloth mask, I got the front edged and mowed. It normally takes 45 minutes tops and it took 3 hours. I am OK with a bit of heaviness in my chest that is improving. Nasal passage feels very irritated. I had all my compression wear on, bra, high waist bottoms, arm - elbow sleeves, knee braces, and compression socks, but still way sore with a mild back twinge. I must start walking as soon as I get the back edged and mowed. The wet cloth mask helps. 10 days without walking is doing me more harm than the unhealthy smoke. I could actually see the sun today, but it was really masked.

Mentally I feel better and that is half of it. I saw one of the neighbor guys out walking the block for the first time in 10 days and he said his lack of walking and his diabetes was going to kill him before the smoke would. Hoping for a good night's sleep and finishing my back yard tomorrow. Also, I did a thorough house cleaning today. Laundry tomorrow.

My new compression bralette finally made it here today. It has traveled back and forth over the country for over a week. It is good except cheap quality straps that aren't very stretchy. The search goes on for a better quality bra and for an acceptable sleep short. I am considering cotton mini skirts. All I need is a buffer so I don't have to change sheets for the slightest mishap.

Faye still bearing smokey.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I went for a walk at lunch today ...

v2r7vpqjg4l8.png

Machka in Oz

tulips are beautiful!!! Only see them in spring here.

Yes they are! The Botanical Gardens has a different tulip display every spring. It's one of the reasons I wanted to walk up there yesterday ... to see what colours they had on display.

Plus it was such a gorgeous spring day with the leaves on trees just coming out. :)

In a couple weeks those tulips will be gone and they'll have more summery flowers out.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Julie - those are the same symptoms we can’t go to work with, but ours is worded as “a worsening” or “change in” coughs, tiredness, etc. We have had one staff member with allergies be off 3 times now with a Covid year each time because his allergies have been worse this summer than normal and not responding to his usual meds. He has been negative every time.

Machka- I feel I would walk a lot more if I had your scenery. City streets just don’t cut it.

Tracey in Edmonton

I keep thinking I should get tested because I've got more springtime allergy symptoms going on which have similar symptoms to C-19. I'm seeing my surgeon for follow-up on my nose surgery and I might ask her what she thinks. I suspect it is just a combination of spring and nose surgery.

When I lived in Edmonton and went to the uni there (mid-2000s), I used to walk along the river. But you're south where it's mostly farm land around ... good cycling country! :)

M in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🙋