The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,479 Member
    @donimfp I agree. The whole world has gone to $h*t and it is hard not to be depressed, throw up our hands and say, "What does it matter if I drink?" But as you wisely point out, all that will lead to is a racing heart and terrible anxiety later. I like that you point out that while we have great benefits from sober living, there are still going to be down times. That is just Life.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    @donimfp I can see and totally agree how difficult times and emotions are because of the state of the world. Can you imagine how much worse your dread and depression would be if you were drinking? Ten times worse. I cannot see any positive for drinking anymore- even the fleeting short moments of respite from the realities of life, is so not worth the rabbit hole drinking brings me down.

I do think many times a day about drinking still; I wonder when that will lessen. But so far it has been 28 days of sobriety for me and hopefully 29 tomorrow.

89 days - that is terrific~ :)

It's nice you turned to writing about your feelings at 12:30 a.m.; that is good therapy in itself. Wishing you a better week. <3
  • RubyRed427
    @JenT304 For sure, that racing heart and days of anxiety are just not worth it. Oh how we have suffered through those.
  • RubyRed427
    Happy birthday Beka and Aroze~~ Hope it was wonderful! <3
  • RubyRed427
    @donimfp Hooray 90 days!!! Yes, I do think a present is is order on day 100. I may buy a trinket when I get to 30.

I look forward to hearing what you will pick out. I am going to have to look into James Avery ring. I dont know what that is?

Thanks for the reminder about Curious Elixir drinks!! I will get on that right now and order some.
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    @Beka3695, I am totally with you on routine. I love my work routine and was so glad when we went back to school in early August. Being in a juvenile detention facility, our kids are gradually being released as usual but because of COVID no kids are coming in to replace them at this time. So we may be out of jobs for a while after December depending on what happens. It’s the thought of losing my comfortable routine that most concerns me. I’m not very good at winging it. Maybe that’s yet another skill to learn.

Great job on 216 days!! (Aka CCXVI)
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Well done, Ruby! I love your list of positives. Our brains are SO weird. I’ve journaled every day since June 15. Last night, day 90 AF, I started musing that once I’d passed the year mark on July 6 maybe I’ll allow myself one martini per year. What is THAT nonsense about??? Anyway, I’m finding the positives just keep building.

On the Curious Elixirs, like I said I’ve had good luck mixing them with tonic and/or Perrier and/ or grapefruit juice. That way I get 4-5 drinks rather than 2 per bottle. Plus I like them that way. I like that they allow you to customize your order if you prefer or don’t prefer a particular one of their 4 versions. I happen to like them all but find #2 quite weird. I hope you enjoy experimenting with them! Their shipping can be slow. That’s my only small complaint.