WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2020

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Machka - loved your imaging into the meditation!

Debbie - with a very furry dog, my place could use a vacuum everyday, if DH wants to come here to vacuum I'm fine with that!

Kim in N. California
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Machka - loved your imaging into the meditation!

Debbie - with a very furry dog, my place could use a vacuum everyday, if DH wants to come here to vacuum I'm fine with that!

Kim in N. California

we have one large furry dog and seven cats so I understand vacuuming every day but not as often as he does. He has done this even when we had one dog and one or two cats. He can't walk past the vacuum without using it-
    I don't mind that he vacuums but would be nice for him to not do it when I get on the phone to my mom.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did 30 Minutes to Fitness Plateau Buster DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Joyce Vidral’s Fat Burning Upper and Lower Body DVD

Kim
    – So glad for your mother. Thanks for the update on Lisa. Next time you’re talking to her, please tell her that I’m thinking of her and know that she’s getting A LOT of help, not only from Cory but Egg.

Fae
    – you’re bad (TV remote)

Well, this isn’t really about personal space. But I remember when I went to help MIL because FIL wasn’t doing well, I remember how (to me) she tip-toed around FIL. I swore I would never do that. Unfortunately, I find that more and more I’m doing this. However, I’m more independent. Like this landscaping stuff – I want it done so I got a part time job.

Speaking of the landscaping: the guy came here to plug and seed the front lawn. I don’t know why, but there are these BIG bushes in front of the house and for some reason Vince is very very adamant about not removing them. I asked him why he felt so strongly about it and he said it was the cost. I told him that I’d get the money for it. Even knowing that, he still got upset today when the guy was here, I had to talk to the guy, Vince wants nothing to do with it. To me, these bushes are so overgrown, they’re actually a safety hazard (or at least to me). I wonder if part of it is that Vince tends to like things BIG. Like he had to get an even bigger TV and put the 60” one on the porch. To me, this looks like overkill. But it’s really not something worth disagreeing about. We’re going to have a handrail installed in the front of the house and by the pool. The guys are here now, but they don’t think they’ll finish. That’s OK, as long as it gets done.

Vince loves Ice Road Truckers. I occasionally watch it and find it interesting

Vince is in a-fib right now so I’m not going to leave the house.

Michele NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    Really enjoyed not cooking tonight. We got a funghi (mushroom) pizza tonight and shared it. I made a dressed green salad. Heaven! :D
    Even I get fed up with cooking every night. This was a real treat. Glass of red wine.

Painter getting on well. The undercoat for the satin is on. Looking good so far. :)

Had my Zoom with my friends. Reminiscing about old times at school. How lucky we are!

5k run.

Good day.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Katla - understandable about cancelling the chair order. Every couple months I get excited about getting rid of the "dog chairs", then realize that with an old dog here, as long as the chairs are serviceable, better save the $$ and get by. One of these days, DH or I might need a "lift" recliner - so will make the move then and in the meantime, clean these as best I can.

Debbie - I understand your frustration. Perhaps you've mentioned - with your DH's vacuuming zeal, could this be an OCD type condition rather than just being insensitive? Any possibility of counseling? If not for the both of you, then at least you to help deal with the situation?

The gals on this list have helped me save my sanity at times by their illustrations of how they have "flipped" their reaction to things.... instead of "have to", flip it toward "get to", etc. Finding silver linings. Make sure to take care of yourself and get plenty of sleep. Time away helping your folks sounds good.

I think I'm a lot older than you - I'm 69, my DH is 74. It's taken a long time, but we have let go of resentment and hard feelings and try to put each other's needs in the forefront.

With the TV, my DH has ultra sensitive hearing, so he keeps the volume way down. My hearing isn't good, so all I hear is noise and cannot make out conversations, lip-read as best I can. I watch video's on the tablet with my earbuds in and/or close captioned so we can still spend time together. I know that's what several of us in this group do.

It's OK if he doesn't want to watch "my shows" lol. He LOVES Ice Road Trucker and all of those wilderness type programs. I do too.

Michele
    - keep us posted on Vince! Is he on meds for the a-fib?

Lanette B)
    SW WA State where the fog has finally lifted and the sun is out. Once the tomato vines dry a bit, I'll go on the attack. :p

• Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Rebecca Long Beach, Wa is a cool place. I was there for a softball tournament way back when.

Michele "I'm bad"... Hahaha! The remote trick is me being supportive and motivational.

Tina If old age changes brought about disrespect and disregard as I see in some old men, then they would be moving out quick and in a hurry.

Rita Looking good and official in that park outfit. It is tough going back to work after so much time off, but at least you are close to your job. I took a park ranger job out of high school and my first assignment was cleaning the restrooms where someone had thrown poo all over the walls. I quit. That was my shortest job ever. They asked in the interview if I could clean toilets, not poop smeared walls and overflowed (intentionally) toilets. I couldn't believe any human could do such a thing.

Fae in Or.

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: We are still planning on getting new chairs in the future, but not the elaborate ones we were looking at the local store. DH has decided he wants to go to another furniture store to look before we buy. Scan Design is one that comes to my mind. It is located in Beaverton, and we’re still avoiding that place because of Covid 19. Nothing is going to happen in the furniture category until the pandemic eases away and we trust our luck going to an area that currently has more worrisome Covid 19 cases than the situation here. :star:

Tracey: You are lucky to have family nearby. We have an adult niece in the general area but haven't been lucky enough to spend time with her since the Covid 19 epidemic came along. She works in a hospital in another county near Portland. :flowerforyou:

Cheri: Family dynamics can lead to peace or friction. You seem to have found the ideal way to avoid friction and enjoy your lives. WTG!!! :bigsmile:

Faetta: I agree that our firefighter/paramedics are excellent. :heart: They have saved DH at least three times within the past few years, including yesterday. On the subject of TV shows, I like to watch Ice Road Truckers because I love to see the problem solving they do to rescue those who are in need. :star:

RVRita: I love the photo of you in your park uniform. Nice mask! :flowerforyou:

Rebecca: Long Beach, WA is certainly closer to your son and grandson in Vancouver. Is OHSU available to people who live out of state? They worked miracles for your DH in the past. I’m confident that you’ll end up making good decisions. :heart:

(((Michele))): Sending good thoughts for Vince. I hope things work out well. :flowerforyou:

I am hoping for a total lack of worry and drama for at least a little while. I need a rest and maybe a good sized dollop of fun.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Lanette I didn't know you were 69 with bad hearing also. I will be 70 in a few weeks and deaf in one ear and about 50% in the other with times of hyperacusis.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Faye ~ I also have bad hearing. Hoping to get up the courage to get hearing aids at some point.

Katla ~ We bought two new recliners about a year or so ago. Our others had gotten to the point that the reclining part was in permanent out position. Now they sit in the basement waiting for Got Junk at some point. The new ones are OK for DH but because I am so short do not work for me. The tufted pillow section on the back is just uncomfortable for me. So, I am using an older one that I had bought many years ago and use a foot stool with it. They are all leather which we like.

Noise by the TV ~ I am also one of those who wants a back ground noise all the time. It really bothers my DH but I just don't even notice what is being said on the TV.

Carol in GA
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hi
    bygafa0z2pwc.png
    Debby in Va
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    [quote="SophieRosieMom;c
    Lanette B)
    SW WA State where the fog has finally lifted and the sun is out. Once the tomato vines dry a bit, I'll go on the attack. :p

[/quote]

Thank you!! I know I need to speak up, which I have never ever been good at- I say I am like Rex in Toy Story- I don't like confrontation. He is content with the way things are. If I don't speak up, he is happy to just keep going like we have been. I need to also focus on the good and not dwell on the bad(just some days it is very hard to find the good). I have learned to lower my expectations so not disappointed as badly that way.

Debbie
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💛💚💙💜🤎
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    All this talk about men.. you remember all the conversations i had about Tom..well glad we can be friends and living on my own with a dog is the best.. i no longer have to cook nightly,mow the lawn,hand over a whole paycheck and get treated like cra-.
    And I will say no I will never get married again much much happier the way i am..
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    so happy for you Allie!

Kim
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    Options
    Having one or two connection problems, so will try again in the morning. I have been able to read posts but not comment.

☘️ Terri
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Hi
    bygafa0z2pwc.png
    Debby in Va

PERFECT