WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2020

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im up here with Faith,she has had her breakfast and is in her room organizing her bed.. keeps her out of trouble.. in my mind I was brought into Toms life to be there for his parents ,especially his dad.. I have no regrets taking care of either of them.. my dad either.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    H
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Kelly You are a natural beauty! The boys are just way too cute! That dairy farm photo took me back 16 years ago when I kept my besties, two young grandsons, once a week to give her a break until her daughter recovered from an illness. One time I took them to a goat farm where kids could interact with the small goats and play king of the hill with them. The boys played for hours. At lunch (sandwiches made at the farm), they ate without any fuss and drank the chocolate goat milk like it was liquid candy. Finally, I was able to load them up and get home where I put on their favorite movie "Hoodwinked" and they fell asleep after the goat played the banjo. Miguel and Joaquin might also enjoy it. Disclaimer: Once you watch and listen, you may never get this out of your head. I have been trying for 16 years without success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOJY3ygcAtg

Fae lost in the past in the hills of the gorge
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Rebecca: I hope things all work out to your benefit. Your DH deserves the kind of care he gets at OHSU. Whether you’re north of the Columbia River or south of it, I hope it all works to your DH’s best advantage. :heart:

Michele: I’m sorry that Vince isn’t doing okay. A-fib is something I don’t know much about, and that makes me worry. I hope all turns out well for Vince and flor you. :flowerforyou:

Allie: I am glad that you are happy. Canines are loyal and trustworthy friends. :heart: Tom was neither loyal nor trustworthy. :noway:

Tracy: I love Forged in Fire. DH thinks I’m nuts. My dad was a Mason and always had a sword. I grew up with it in my home. When dad passed away his sword went to his lodge. I wished it was mine, but that is not what he wanted. :ohwell:

Lanette: My dad also had a stratolounger. It was huge and had a horrible pea green color. We have a couch with recliners at each end and two chairs that rock and recline. None of them seem as huge or ugly as my dad’s old stratolounger. :noway: I have not been to yoga since the pandemic began. I miss yoga and the other students. :sad: DH is afraid I’ll bring home the virus. I ride my exercise tryke in the garage and take long walks. I haven’t had a chance to ride Arrow in weeks. :ohwell: The air quality is improving and that will be a huge help.

KJ: I love the photos, especially the last one. :star:

Machka: “You just never know what life will give you.” The choices we have are to run away and hide or make the best of the situation. Hiding doesn’t help in my experience, although taking time to plan a positive change does help. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: Thinking of you. I hope things are improving. :heart:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    Michele: Any news. We are worried about you.
  • stopthat35
    stopthat35 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Goals:

Get back on track with weight loss.

adding friends on Myfitnesspal to help me stay on track (and vice cersa)

pre-plan meals

start measuring body to assist with progress logging
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Michele Sending hugs! Those hospital waits are so long and finding a comfortable place to rest is difficult especially in these times. I sure hope Vince improves today and you both can get back home. Take good care of yourself and keep us informed.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    Kim: Sending good thoughts and healing energy for Lisa.

Also for Michele Vince.

• pipcd34
    Options
    Z
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies B)

Finally, I have a lightweight dishcloth that suits me, plus these guys are really absorbent so they can be used like towels. The Amazon blurb says don't use bleach - I have used them in the sink with Clorox cleanup spray to get out stains, no problem. Not supposed to wash them with other fabrics, so I put launder them in a little washtub by themselves and squeeze out the water, hang to dry. I'd say I've cut down paper towel usage by at least 2/3 so far.

Question for you yoga buffs - how are you faring now that your classes have been shut down for a while? Are you continuing with stretches and poses on your own? Following something online?

I noticed yesterday as I was out in the garden attacking the dead tomato vines, how inflexible I was despite doing a few morning stretches, especially the old hamstrings, so need to add dedicated stretches that to the routine.

OK ladies, dogs are giving me the look.

Make it a fabulous day! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Several years ago, I bought a big package of microfiber cloths for cleaning. I love them. Once I do the cleaning, I toss all the rags in the washer and they're ready for the next one.

Yoga- I miss it dearly, but I cannot get into the Zoom classes. I tried. I hated it. I like in person because the instructor corrects my poses, gives me personal attention when needed, and it was one of the very few social outings I enjoyed. So, I stretch on my own, but I don't necessarily do a yoga session. Waiting to find an outdoor one that suits me.

Tina in CA
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((Lisa)))
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Lisa- you have given us all the love and encouragement, now its our turn to reciprocate..love you girl.. and heal quickly xoxox
    Michelle- my dad had A-Fib abd Congestive Heart Failure, the later i had no idea about.. but he was hospitalized a few times because of it,stubborn as a mule and would go off meds when he wasnt supposed to. Here is hoping Vince is on the mend quickly. Fed Faith her lunch and its nap time so will relax ans watch the birds...
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kim, Thanks so much for update on Lisa. Sending so much love.

• pipcd34
    Options
    O
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    G'morning y'all!😁
    Where my middle sister lives used to be our grandparents house. My grandfather built our house then bought some of our property and built his home. It was nice having my "Mimi & Pumpa" ( their nicknames when we were young) next door, but they never came up unannounced. Sometimes my grandpa would sneak a peek of our garden but that was just because there was a walking path thru a pasture our dog Katie had made.💖

Favorite memories were when we'd all be gone at school and work, my grandma would drive her cute little baby blue Dodge Dart up to our house, take our biggest pot and then spend all day making soup and a loaf of homemade bread. Then she would carefully drive it all back up and we'd come home to warm bread and soup scents throughout our place! Maybe that's why I love soup so much.💖

When they started to have some health issues my Mom told them to turn the outside light on and before they went to bed, turn it off, a signal that everything was fine. A couple of times when they were under the weather my Mom would know, cuz the back yard light was still on.

On a spooky tone, my sister says that sometimes the metal outdoor chairs ( like Pip bought), will be in one position, then my sister will look again later in the day and they have moved following the sun. Its my grandpa sitting in the sun! Other times she has felt someone stroke her hair, she assumed it was her husband ( when she had a husband she's divorced now), but it wasn't!
    So my grandma being grandma.

Today we might go to the old town part of Oak Harbor, husband wants an early lunch at the diner there. He asked, "is it when your eating window is still open"? Yes! He is learning, my little Padawan. Hopefully we can get son to come too, today is his day off.

Everyone have a good day!
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

Rebecca's Quite of the day:

"YOU CAN'T POUR FROM AN EMPTY CUP. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF FIRST.💖"
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Faetta wrote: »
    Rebecca Long Beach, Wa is a cool place. I was there for a softball tournament way back when.

Michele "I'm bad"... Hahaha! The remote trick is me being supportive and motivational.

Tina If old age changes brought about disrespect and disregard as I see in some old men, then they would be moving out quick and in a hurry.

Rita Looking good and official in that park outfit. It is tough going back to work after so much time off, but at least you are close to your job. I took a park ranger job out of high school and my first assignment was cleaning the restrooms where someone had thrown poo all over the walls. I quit. That was my shortest job ever. They asked in the interview if I could clean toilets, not poop smeared walls and overflowed (intentionally) toilets. I couldn't believe any human could do such a thing.

Fae in Or.

Yes isn't Long Beach just a hope skip from the bridge over to Oregon by Astoria? We still want to do most our shopping at the Freddies there. Plus we could to the long haul to Portland for his yearly appts. I need to be by the ocean!💖
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Lanette: We are still planning on getting new chairs in the future, but not the elaborate ones we were looking at the local store. DH has decided he wants to go to another furniture store to look before we buy. Scan Design is one that comes to my mind. It is located in Beaverton, and we’re still avoiding that place because of Covid 19. Nothing is going to happen in the furniture category until the pandemic eases away and we trust our luck going to an area that currently has more worrisome Covid 19 cases than the situation here. :star:

Tracey: You are lucky to have family nearby. We have an adult niece in the general area but haven't been lucky enough to spend time with her since the Covid 19 epidemic came along. She works in a hospital in another county near Portland. :flowerforyou:

Cheri: Family dynamics can lead to peace or friction. You seem to have found the ideal way to avoid friction and enjoy your lives. WTG!!! :bigsmile:

Faetta: I agree that our firefighter/paramedics are excellent. :heart: They have saved DH at least three times within the past few years, including yesterday. On the subject of TV shows, I like to watch Ice Road Truckers because I love to see the problem solving they do to rescue those who are in need. :star:

RVRita: I love the photo of you in your park uniform. Nice mask! :flowerforyou:

Rebecca: Long Beach, WA is certainly closer to your son and grandson in Vancouver. Is OHSU available to people who live out of state? They worked miracles for your DH in the past. I’m confident that you’ll end up making good decisions. :heart:

(((Michele))): Sending good thoughts for Vince. I hope things work out well. :flowerforyou:

I am hoping for a total lack of worry and drama for at least a little while. I need a rest and maybe a good sized dollop of fun.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

I think so, its just a matter of changing hospitals. I don't think state residency has any bearing, least I hope not.
    💖Rebecca
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Machka--I would like to fly away in the basket, but afraid of heights.

We enjoy watching "Ice Road truckers" also. I just know I could never do that job or ride along. We also watch "Deadlieless Catch" Good money but I could never or ever have done either one. Other wise we mostly watch cooking shows for the season. Like Halloween wars and Christmas baking. DH does watch some car building shows which most the time I find interesting. We don't watch news or much other TV.

Kelly--Thanks for sharing the pictures. Glad the visit is going well and looks like lots of cuddles.

Katla--We also watch forged in fire. I find it interesting what they can make out of things I would never think of. I admit I am surprised at how young some of them are and they are good.

Kim--Thanks for the update on Lisa. Sending prayers and hugs.

Michele--sending prayers and hugs for you and DH.

Got a robot call from church last evening telling us 2 families in church tested positive for Covid. One family was in church last Sunday. So this week we are to wear mask.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3