Coronavirus prep

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Dnarules wrote: »
    mockchoc wrote: »
    I do hope you all will be safe. Disagree whatever. I still think if you are fine spreading it around you deserve to be in jail.

I was the first person to disagree with your post about prison for those not complying. I don't believe that is the answer. So I disagree.

I social distance and wear a mask. I haven't been to a restaurant or inside a store since March. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are not doing the right thing. I don't know what the answer is, but it isn't prison.

Ditto.

If nothing else, prisons are generally great breeding grounds for contagious diseases. @mockchoc may think that's just karma, but this is a "no man is an island" situation -- you can't add to the pool of contagion and think you won't be untouched. In many places in the U.S., they were doing early paroles, release of nonviolent offenders, etc., to try to reduce prison crowding a few months back.

Prison wouldn't be a COVID19 problem if you put proper protocols in place for new entrants.

COVID test on entering, and 14 day confinement away from the other prisoners, followed by a second COVID test for confirmation.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,844 Member
    edited October 2020
    @Gisel2015 - here is one that was just recommended on a hometown facebook group. I'll be checking yours out.
    https://robinschoenthaler.medium.com/should-i-hold-thanksgiving-during-covid-e3393ac842c2
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member
    @Smoda61, thank you this is a good one and kind of funny too. I don't have an Aunt Petunia (I am too old to have any aunts running around even in wheelchairs...) to deal with, but husband and I are staying home on Thanksgiving 2020. Hard choices but necessary. Thank you for posting.
    G.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,844 Member
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    @Smoda61, thank you this is a good one and kind of funny too. I don't have an Aunt Petunia (I am too old to have any aunts running around even in wheelchairs...) to deal with, but husband and I are staying home on Thanksgiving 2020. Hard choices but necessary. Thank you for posting.
    G.

I spent a lot of the day talking with family members. It is likely going to be a small group ( 3 or 5 adults), yet to be determined.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    mamadon wrote: »
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    mockchoc wrote: »
    I do hope you all will be safe. Disagree whatever. I still think if you are fine spreading it around you deserve to be in jail.

I was the first person to disagree with your post about prison for those not complying. I don't believe that is the answer. So I disagree.

I social distance and wear a mask. I haven't been to a restaurant or inside a store since March. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are not doing the right thing. I don't know what the answer is, but it isn't prison.

Ditto.

If nothing else, prisons are generally great breeding grounds for contagious diseases. @mockchoc may think that's just karma, but this is a "no man is an island" situation -- you can't add to the pool of contagion and think you won't be untouched. In many places in the U.S., they were doing early paroles, release of nonviolent offenders, etc., to try to reduce prison crowding a few months back.

Prison wouldn't be a COVID19 problem if you put proper protocols in place for new entrants.

COVID test on entering, and 14 day confinement away from the other prisoners, followed by a second COVID test for confirmation.

I work in a jail and this is what is done. So far, two staff members have caught the virus and zero inmates.

Thanks for confirming. And I suppose those two staff members are off from work until recovery, also ALL other staff members tested for COVID, and active contact tracing executed in relation to the two who caught it. Here we would very quickly find out if any family members of those two staffers caught the virus.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    https://www.wkdzradio.com/2020/10/25/sunday-kentucky-covid-19-update/

From the news it sounds like Covid-19 number of cases are setting records in USA and Europe. The USA had some hot spots 6 months ago but now is wide spread with more nursing home involvement than ever in our region. Hope the talk of turning the corner in 2022 turns out to be correct.