Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Coronavirus prep

Replies

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 3,027 Member
    There’s too much divisiveness. It’s nice to see posts clarifying and explaining. I’m thankful for the internet. Can you imagine how much more stressful 2020 would have been without being able to connect with others this easily?

There was a song Jewel sang years ago. I often think about her words. “In the end, only kindness matters”.

Hoping for a safe, happy, and love filled Thanksgiving for all❤️ Here’s hoping for a better 2021🍷

All true
  • SModa61
    on another note,

https://nypost.com/2020/11/23/cuomo-floats-hosting-his-mom-for-thanksgiving-setting-off-an-uproar/

more recent articles imply he is now retracting his plans for his mother
  • SModa61
    I figure nothing is guaranteed in the next year anyway. I could get hit by a car while running and not survive until next Thanksgiving. That is true most years and I still stay home by myself (and my cat, Midnight) for most holidays... or use the day off to go hiking, running, etc. somewhere else, but still by myself. Maybe my perspective is very different than most, but I don't reserve holidays for extended family. I talk to my mom often when it isn't a holiday, and same with other relatives. But geography makes in person gatherings more difficult and not worthwhile most of the time. Holidays are no exception. Sorry to be a grinch (not really), but I just don't see what all the fuss is about.

I would find it much easier to say "no" to someone inviting me and it your situation I would likely do exactly the same. What I struggle with is that I have been the host for both T-day and Xmas as long I can remember. So the stress on me is disinviting people when I have no idea how they are feeling.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Ugh, my sympathies!