• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    mockchoc wrote: »
    SModa61 wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    New topic - who is going black friday shopping after quarantining for Thanksgiving? :P

Obviously, not me. I will be venturing into the very empty grocery store for like five key items.

I guess this was a topic in this morning's paper. Hubby was chatting with me about it. I guess the article was noting how there are lots of instructions regarding limiting holiday visitations, but comparatively little chat about not swamping the stores tomorrow.

Aren't stores limited in how many can go in? Ours are limited to 25% capacity.

I wonder if the capacity limits are a regional thing. That was the case here in Mass back in the Spring/Summer. I have not seen capacity counters in stores for a while. I personally am like @Kshama2001, I intentionally avoid black friday shopping and do not even recall ever shopping that day.

Do you ever read anyone's advice? I asked could you stay somewhere else so you didn't get Covid from your husband and also about travelling .. I give up. Sorry you didn't listen and got it though. I really am. Glad it's a minor case. Big hugs.

She and her husband don't have it. You may be confusing her with Reenie, whose husband likely got it from work, not traveling; Reenie hasn't mention traveling.

I'm confused?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    New topic - who is going black friday shopping after quarantining for Thanksgiving? :P

Obviously, not me. I will be venturing into the very empty grocery store for like five key items.

I guess this was a topic in this morning's paper. Hubby was chatting with me about it. I guess the article was noting how there are lots of instructions regarding limiting holiday visitations, but comparatively little chat about not swamping the stores tomorrow.

I wonder if the capacity limits are a regional thing. That was the case here in Mass back in the Spring/Summer. I have not seen capacity counters in stores for a while. I personally am like @Kshama2001, I intentionally avoid black friday shopping and do not even recall ever shopping that day.

Do you ever read anyone's advice? I asked could you stay somewhere else so you didn't get Covid from your husband and also about travelling .. I give up. Sorry you didn't listen and got it though. I really am. Glad it's a minor case. Big hugs.

This is the post ReenieHJ---I'm sure it was just some confusion.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

She and her husband don't have it. You may be confusing her with Reenie, whose husband likely got it from work, not traveling; Reenie hasn't mention traveling.

Hi there. I wasn't saying that to Rennie. It was for another person. Never mind. All good.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

I'm confused?

I think the poster confused a couple that was traveling (not you) with a couple who have COVID (perhaps you) and thought the traveling and covid people were one couple instead of two.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm at the laundromat and am the only person here in compliance with the county mask mandate. To be fair, half the people here can't figure out how to wear pants. Maybe masks are truly too much to ask.

Funniest thing I heard all day! But yeah get the masks on.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I am not going out shopping until next Thursday, when I will do the usual weekly shop. I stocked up for two weeks the last time I went out, so I don't have to go out over Thanksgiving.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Yep--and it isn't even Christmas yet. This is dividing friends and families and causing arguments. It makes me sad. Stay safe everyone. This thing is a monster, and it's worldwide. Even countries that have been careful are seeing their COVID numbers out of control.

Not every country. Us smaller countries have been careful and continue to see good results.

@TonyB0588
    do you mean "counties?" (no "r" between the t and the i) because me thinks that @snowflake954 was referring to world "countries." :p
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I remember when this thread was toilet paper and eating cat food 😂😜

And I still can't understand the toilet paper issue. Was never a problem where I live.