200+ Haulin' Off The Weight

Options

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Oh and Annett - if it ain't broke don't fix it...if you are still getting sore from level 1, stay with it until you don't any more. PS - any further thoughts of coming over to Paris for the day in two weeks?
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Amy - Thanks for the invite! :D

Lacey - I'm not much for foodgawker. Personally, I'm a tastespotting kinda girl. :) I do LOVE food though....

I'm struggling to stay awake today. I skipped breakfast because I forgot I had an appointment at 8 and woke up at 7:50, so then WAY overcompensated for lunch. So glad I get to go get real food tomorrow! I'm going to be baking this weekend, too, because even though it's still warm here, somehow my mind is convinced it's fall, and I just NEED to bake. Good thing I've got lots of people I can feed....
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Jessi - its funny how the way a website looks can affect whether you use it or not. Foodgawker - black background, tastespotting- white. Do you know if the posts are the same on both or different bloggers? I'd love to have a foodblog but So don't have time for one and also can't take food pics worth a crap, I've tried.

However, I did find this recipe that I will be using for the tritip in my fridge so we can eat it tomorrow:
    http://afoodcentriclife.com/flank-steak-with-ginger-balsamic-marinade/
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Lacey - I know that they sometimes have the same recipes, but they have separate owners. A lot of people like to submit to both which is understandable. When we get into a place with a kitchen I actually enjoy, it's likely I'll start a food blog - I particularly love food photography, and I do enjoy cooking and baking to the point where my ultimate goal is to have a bakery of my own one day. Right now I just blog quite opinionatedly about a lot of parenting and family issues, for the most part.

I'm trying to watch the documentary Ingredients, but I'm so sneezy and nauseated that I'm not really getting into it. I think it might just be nap time.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Check in for Thursday: 2567 calories burned/ 2152 calories eaten/ 415 calorie deficit. Those danged ginger chocolate scones got me yesterday - I could NOT stop eating them. So, while I was under my calories, I really didn't eat very well and was low on fiber yesterday. Today will be better.

Jessi: I wish I could take good pictures of food. I love cooking and sharing recipes but my photography skills kind of suck. And it IS Fall, dangit!! I've been making fall foods for a week now. I love pumpkin anything and I made a fabulous pumpkin cranberry risotto last night for dinner - so seriously YUM!

Lacey: Thanks for the hummus recipe! The Hubbs asked if it was the best idea for people trying to lose weight to do a "food tour" of Paris...I mostly just smacked him. Hells yes it's alright!

Victoria: Yay for getting your hair done!!

Hailie: I hope you are feeling better, it sounds like you had a crap day yesterday. :flowerforyou:

Annette: I'm with Lacey, stay at Level 1 until it's too easy for you. I guess I get my results whenever the college gets around to grading them...I'm hoping for Monday maybe.

Crystal: Hi there!!! It's good to have you back with us!!!!!

Katheryne: Wow! He ate Brussels sprouts for you...that's pretty major for a dude that doesn't like veggies. I don't know if I could get MY Hubbs to eat those things and he IS a vegetarian (well...mostly...until he's seduced by someone's BBQ) Those carrot pumpkin bars look RIGHT up my alley...yum!!!

I weighed in today but I'm gonna give myself a couple of days to see if the numbers look better. I've been below my calories all week but my scale is showing me UP and I don't even have PMS or anything to blame it on.

I got a bunch of my ideeli orders yesterday (yay! it was like freaking Christmas up in here). One of the things I got was this super-cute black and yellow dress that I got for $15 and ordered in a size 10 to make it my "goal dress". Just for *kitten* s and giggles I tried it on and I can ALMOST get it zipped!!! I like having a goal outfit, it gives me something tangible to shoot for.

Have a great Friday my lovelies!!!!!
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Good Friday Morning to you all. Have just taken The Dog to vets - temperature slightly back up - but this could be because we walked there. More blood tests taken to see if pancreatic enzymes back down and more anti-bs. He is soooo much happier (and naughty!!!) and very much enjoying home cooked food, ahlf my trolley yesterday was filled with items just for him!!!!! Waiting game now so fingers crossed.

Lacey: thanks for hummus recipe - bought some tahini yesterday so will be trying both recipes in the near future - hopefully!! Really do need to crack this cooking thing. Hope your head ache eased - at times like that I find a warm, scented bath with candles, followed by bed with a hottie usually helps tremendously. Re Paris - when I spoke with the family degree of shock transmitted from both was almost palpable. Through discussions held, however, it became evident that Amy was seeing the situaTion very much as 'YOU INTEND TO MEET WITH PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW, WHOM YOU HAVE ONLY SPOKEN TO ON THE INTERNET?' With all the work we have done re keeping safe - including things not to do - it became impossible to find a way out. If it had just been the shock that this is not something 'Annette/Mummy does', I would have dealt with it. The fact that Amy is very black and white in her views curently I decided I need to give the best example. However, what this does means is that some point I will trip to America/Germany - or whereever any of you are if/when we see this thing through. I am very disappointed but sometimes this has to be.

Amy: Can't believe youi may get yuor results as quickly as Monday - here you would expect to wait months. Prayers are with you - have every belief you will have done well.

Amy/Lacey: thanks for comments re 30DS - having posted yesterday saying that I was still v sore, today, very sdddenly, I am not so perhaps that was more to do with circuits on Tuesday. Looks like I can't avoid it so level two, here I come...

Jessie: what a great goal to have in mind - cooking with photography and sharing it. Where do you post re parenting/family?

Victoria: am pleased, somohow, that the hair 'won'. Think it was the way you described it that indicated this was what you really wanted?

Kendal: well done for getting abck into the exercise - it is time to kick some butt!!

Hope - don't think I welcomed you back - hope you feeling better and 'welcome'.

Kristina and Sarah: WHERE ARE YOU?????

xx
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Annette: Sometimes it's hard to explain things like that to kids. I'd never think it was ok for The Kid to meet up with someone he met on the Interwebz but I have a bit more faith in my ability to keep myself safe in such situations. We'll miss meeting you, but I totally understand your decision.

So, I've made a return to the treadmill and my "running" playlist on my iPod. The Nickelback song: If Today Was Your Last Day popped up on my iPod today and I forgot how much I LOVE that song. It's my theme song, I think. If you don't know it, you should listen to it - it's pretty inspirational. Here's some of the lyrics that inspire me:

My best friend gave me the best advice
    He said each day's a gift and not a given right
    Leave no stone unturned, leave your fears behind
    And try to take the path less traveled by
    That first step you take is the longest stride

What's worth the prize is always worth the fight
    Every second counts 'cause there's no second try
    So live like you'll never live it twice
    Don't take the free ride in your own life

I really like the ENTIRE song, but I thought it would be a bit weird to post all the lyrics here (and it would take up A LOT of room).

Most of you guys know that I had a near-death experience in 2009 with blood clots and then again with a tumor in my chest (2009 was a BAD year for me). The whole thing REALLY changed my perspective on EVERYTHING. I could have left behind a 5 year old child who never really got to know me and only ever knew the fat and sick mom he had at the time. There's so many things I would have missed out on in life because I wasn't really living the life I had at the time. That all changed the second I was admitted into the hospital and the doctor told me, "You SHOULD be dead right now." No sugar coating, nothing...I should have died and I didn't. There was no way I was gonna continue my non-life. When I got out of the hospital, I started walking and making better choices with food and got a doctor who knew how to deal with my fibromyalgia without drugging me with carcinogens.

It's been about 2 years since I "should have been dead" and I really DO live every day as if it were my last. I love the hell out of my family (yeah, I'm pretty a embarrassing mom - whatevs, dood, The Kid almost didn't have a mom at all, he can deal with a hug or 10 in public!!!), I think nothing of dropping everything and going on an adventure and I spend a lot of time improving my health and fitness to make sure that today ISN'T my last day.

So that was my long and drawn out deep-thinking for the day. What song inspires you??
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Drive-by weigh-in this morning: 316.2

Amy, I love so many songs, I will really have to think on ONE that inspires me. Hopefully, I'll be able to narrow it down later.
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow....7 pages....I'll have to take tonight to catch up with everyone! I've been slacking! Eep!

BUT....it's been to play with my Wii Fit Plus at night! Hee hee! Lots of fun! And it's doing me some good! It showed me 220 when we brought it home on Monday....this morning...216.3!! And my boys & even the hubby have made profiles & are playing the games...so this winter, maybe we won't all gain 10 lbs! (not that it would hurt the boys at ALL!) Melodie wanted to play, but I just don't trust her not to jump on the balance board, so it's been a challenge to dodge her while playing. :o)

And work...yeah, well, I think my boss has some kind of Dr Jekyll/My Hyde syndrome. So I've not had a chance to get on here at work. We moved desks, and the responsibilities with the desk I'm at are much larger. We rotate every 3-4 months, so nobody gets burned out doing more/dealing with the public/etc. But, now I won't have as much time to be on here, esp as in less than 2 mo, we have one girl going on maternity...and we don't get a temp b/c the city manager makes Scrooge look like someone who wastes money!

House paperwork is going slow, but I'm packing what I can when I can, so that when it's time to work on the house, I won't have to worry about packing! :o) Hopefully we'll get to close earlier than 9/22, but for some reason, I doubt it. *sigh* (In fact, packing last weekend is what made me lose my log-in streak on here...I was too tired to do it!)

Mellie was completely healed...then the miralax kicked in. We're keeping the fun of that at bay, but the Dr can kiss my hiney, I'm only giving her that stuff every other day. She's going, and she'll keep going & going & going...but at least the cream they gave us keeps her from getting too bad. Not like before. But enough that she's not happy when she goes. *sigh*

OK, I PROMISE, I will make myself stay up & read & respond to all of you WONDERFUL ladies tonight! Really! *hugs* B/C you're all so awesome!
  • hkallembach
    Options
    Annette: This was from Wednesday re 'boys problems'......Last night was the first night of lessons. First off, I freakin' love my job. I get paided almost $11/hour and also when the kids come up to me to give me hugs in the summer while life guarding to tell me I am one of their favorite teachers it makes me smile and makes me know I 'rock' at what I do if they remember me. Second off, (venting now) I was a newbie last school year but now I know what the heck to do. NOBODY on staff like Parent/Child classes (Mommy-N-Me) because it is H E L L having the parents in the water at the exact freakin' time as their kids while you are teaching. Well, the new guy realized he got PC class and he THREW A FIT! WTF you're 16...grow up! He just started, therefore, it goes by seniority and since he is the newbie get gets the PC class. We have a schedule with all the classes. It is an excel type of sheet with the classes then our names above the sections. Each night we all have 3-5 classes 30-45 minutes long. So my boss gives up a "section" and sometimes she will "flip" the classes on the schedule. Meaning, the two instructors teach the other class going on instead of the one they were schedule with. (when parents sign up they don't know what instructor they are getting.) so, my boss drew a <----> between the PC class and other preschool class going on at the same time. The 16 year old THREW A FIT because he thought I drew the arrow. (he knows we all HATE the PC class.) Suck it up idiot. Gosh, and he complains how much he hates the place, shut up and quit. I am sorry mommy and daddy pay everything for you.

Amy said it best, he is a tool.

Kendal: Exactly how I feel in terms of a job.

Hosanna: Epic poem!

Pam: I got my book, but I haven't the digital proofs yet to put on here, facebook, etc. because they only allow you to have four out of 60 in the book of proofs. boo.

Jessi: I do not like teenage guys in general. :smile:

Kerry: Don't die with too much work! :flowerforyou:
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    My new cut is sassy and short. I like but DH hates it. He likes long hair - I told him to grow his long. I can't wait to play with it today.

Annette - I met 2 people last year Kristina and a lady from another thread. Debra's teenage daughter was sure I was going to murder her. We are all glad we got the chance to meet and run. Kristina and I ran 2 races together. I can understand setting an example for kids is a good reason not to go.

Amy - Butterfly Kisses moves me the most. My dad made the Butterfly Kisses motion to me when he woke with respirator in his mouth after his heart transplant. He loved the song and always played it for me. Now it reminds me of him - I can't believe he's been gone 5 years now. It's a country song by Bob Carlisle about a fathers love for his daughter. As for running - Life is a Highway gets me going.

Kendal - I like your idea of peppering Kristina... I miss her.

Welcome back Crystal.

Rikki - I like what you've learned. And your goal is realistic.

TGIF!!! I'm ready for the weekend.
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i'm glad i'm not the only one with TGIF on the brain!

Even with the holiday, my scale moved in the downward direction. Weight in is 206. just 7 more lonely pounds and i'll be in one-derland!
  • hkallembach
    Options
    I forgot about my inspirational song(s)! First, I love Nickelback: If Today was Your Last Day! I :heart: it tooooo!!! Also, Gotta Be Somebody by Nickelback is kind of a 'pick me up sort of song'. Annnnnndddd ANY SONG by Rascal Flatts pretty much rocks. (Yes, I kind of am cool enough to enjoy country music without my ears bleeding!) Especially stand, skin, or these days. Ohhhh goodness all these songs mean the world to me it is TOO HARD TO PICK JUST ONE SONG!!!!!! AHHHHH!! Sorry for caps lock! :laugh:

Anyways I have class in 30ish minutes! Whhoooo hooooo!

TGIF!

Yayyyyyy!

Sorry for the up beat sort of post today! :smile:
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    KRISTINA- YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO POST SOMETHING OTHER THAN THE WEIGH IN CALL OUT BEFORE WE BOMBARD YOU. (or at least before *I* bombard you)

Megan- I'm so excited for you to be close to ONEderland

Victoria- Where a pic of the new 'do? I wanna see. I've been thinking of getting mine seriously cut. I love it long, but it's been long for a REALLY LONG time. I'm about ready for something new.

Karen- YAY for the Wii!! I let Mr. Reunion's girls play my Wii Fit when they came over Saturday and they jumped on the board some. They are tiny little girls but it didn't mess up the board. I think if a bigger kid jumped on it (say around +60lb), then it might cause a problem. It's cool that your office rotates job functions so no one burns out. If they aren't going to get a temp while the lady is out on maternity leave and everyone is going to have to split up her job duties, are they going to split up her paycheck to all of you???? :wink: (yeah, I know that'll never happen)

Hallie- I like country music too. :smile: It's draws on my happy side. And why are you apologizing for an up beat post?!?!? lol you are too funny!

Amy- now I have to go home and find that song. I already emailed it to myself so I'll remember.

As for the song that inspires me, I have no clue. Songs that really get me grooving while working out, that's different. Lately, it's been anything by The Script. "You Won't Feel a Thing," "Science & Faith," "Walk Away" and "This=Love" are my current favs by them. All Time Low has some good songs.

Mr. Reunion and I went for a walk last night. I encouraged and finally convinced him to take off running around the block (he didn't want to leave me and Lexi alone). Dude can run. No clue how far he really went cause his Nike+ sensor only counted .7 mile for the whole run when I went 2.3 and he did all but about .2-.3 with me. Hopefully one day I will be able to run with him. :smile: He inspires me.

So far, the scale is showing a maintain this week, but I noticed it dropped each morning if I worked out the day before so I will keep that up. I need to start keeping track of my workouts on my calendar so I can SEE it. As a matter of fact, I just wrote this week's exercise on the calendar.

Wish I had more time to go through my playlist and find a song that really INSPIRES me, but I have way too many songs on my ipod to do that cause I need to work.

ETA: FOUND A SONG!!! Good Charlotte- "Motivate Me" ....here's the chorus:
    Motivate me,
    I wanna get myself out of this bed.
    Captivate me,
    I want good thoughts inside of my head.
    If I fall down,
    would you come around,
    and pick me right up off the ground?
    If I fall down,
    would you come around,
    and pick me right up off the ground?
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    Hey gals. Things are so crazy here in my neck of the woods. Most of my area is in a state of emergency. We have severe flooding in some neighborhoods and are still waiting to see if the levees and dikes hold to protect others. We have a new flood wall that protects to 41 feet, the river crested overnight at 38.8 but the wall was gushing water into the streets this morning. We haven't seen a flood like this since 1972 and the generation above me thought they'd never see a flood of this magnitude in their lifetimes. The destruction is devastation. As of 4pm yesterday, we were under mandatory evacuation. That isn't expected to be lifted until tomorrow or Sunday. Fortunately, my home is on a hill, but I'm basically trapped. More than 200 roads are closed, there isn't much to do.

Anyway, I'm safe, and obviously home from work today. Hubs had to work, but continued UP the mountain to do so, so he should be safe.

In better news, I made the most delicious pot of chicken noodle soup last night. I logged nothing yesterday, though. I've been pretty lax about it all week. I think (as weird as it sounds) I'm sort of mentally exhausted from tracking everything so I've stopped for a few days. I'm still keeping portions small and making the best choices I can.I already have a pot roast in the crockpot for tonight. Yum. I don't like the meat, but I love the way the carrots cook down all soft. Mmmm. Hubby likes his with egg noodles, I'll probably cook some brown rice for me and Brody.

OH. I have to tell you girls this story. Yesterday when I was sent home from work due to the flooding I had to go to the foodstore because I had some family that was evacuated coming to stay with me. The store was mobbed. The line to check out wrapped around the store twice. The milk case was empty and there was hardly any bread. Here in the northeast, the joke is that when the weather gets bad, everyone eats french toast, because stores sell out of milk, bread and eggs. Anyway, I digress. People were coming in the store and saw how long the deli line was. When I got there they were serving number 23 and I was 43. I suggested to the one woman that she pick her number and then do her shopping and go back to the deli, as that is what I did. Well, this other woman, farther ahead in line, yelled, "Actually, it would be better if you didn't shove processed meats down your family's throats, I wouldn't waste my time in that line" Umm...psycho much? First of all, this woman was severely overweight and had a a cart full of garbage. I spotted a tray of iced brownies and a few boxes of donuts right off the bat. I was like, seriously lady, seriously. And then, this woman cut in line becuase she "only needed a pack of cigarettes." My patience had worn thin at that point...

Anyhow. my processed turkey was delicious for lunch on a flat out wrap. In the midst of evacuations and all, I didn't have much time to cook haha. I just couldn't believe she went nuts on half of the grocery store over deli meat.

OH ALSO, my gym has been closed and the rain makes it impossible to run outside. I'm feeling miserable about my lack of exerciing but hoping that all of this running around, cleaning, etc has made up for some of it.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    rain: Holy cow!! I hope the floods go down. Where do you live?

Kendal: I love Good Charlotte! I'm glad that Mr. Reunion inspires you...that's awesome!!

Hailie: Never apologize for being upbeat, silly girl!!!

Megan: Yay for getting so close to One-derland!!!

Victoria: I love your story about Butterfly Kisses and your dad. I'm sorry he's gone but it sounds like he really loved you. That's awesome!!

Karen: I hope Mellie's tush heals up so you can all be less stressed out about it!

The Kid has a double header tomorrow for soccer so I am baking up some black bean brownies to bring as a snack for the team. They're yummy AND healthier than regular brownies... <insert evil laugh here> the team will never know what hit them!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Rain, I totally feel for you. Up north, it's like we're prepared for everything EXCEPT water. What's snow, sleet, and hail??? We can handle that, but water? Now, down south...we have a state of emergency for 10 snowflakes. Schools closed for 3 days, and everyone here is making french toast 3 days ahead of the "storm".
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Rain - glad you're safe. Hugs and positive thoughts coming your way.

I'll try to get someone to snap a pic of my new do. The back is really short - she cut a goo 10" off. It only took 5 min to fluff it out this morning:)

Weigh-in today 194.5 up from 193 two weeks ago...
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Bobbie- with you talking about North/South differences, I looked at your profile to see where you live. I FREAKING LIVE IN WINSTON-SALEM TOO!!! :bigsmile: that's just cool
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    Amy- I live in Pennsylvania. Things seem to be calming this morning, but I know a lot of people have a long road ahead of them as far as cleaning, repairing, rebuilding homes and businesses.