Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    Not gaining any weight. Haven't lost any either,
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Me too!

• Machka9
    Options
    Nice ride today but a little challenging in places because both of us have lost some fitness. However, I am very thankful that my husband and I are able to cycle together. :)

jdkd7isopqka.png

Machka in Oz
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

Thank you. He has been hearing this stuff all his life- like when he was about 13 that she didn't want him , that she found out too far into the pregnancy that she was pregnant so couldn't end it. Yeah, great thing to be told.
    She loved her first husband, the other son's father but he divorced her, leaving her alone with a 2 yr old in Tokyo. Husband's dad was a widower so out of feeling sorry for her, married her and brought them back to US- always said that was the biggest mistake of his life- she treated him just as bad if not worse than she does his son.
    Hard to show love/affection/compassion/etc to others when you have been shown none. Now our son and I have to live with that.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

I'm so sorry. There are many many people that were not planned or not good timing or wrong gender relative to the parents's wish something, especially back then when there was not much easy access to birth control, but that's not a reason for being mean. And people can change, even very late in life. My mom was argumentative but after going to a nursing home due to mobility issues, she started taking anti-depressants in her 70s, re-started counselling briefly, had some nice nurse's aids to interact regularly with that she related to, and also communication classes at the nursing home a few years later, and became so much easier to deal with.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,490 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: take BP, Tumble to Crissey Field,
    Bonus: Shadow stroll to Chetco Point with T
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call R, corrected roster to Cal-Or, index mutual aid files, watch STAS Day 19, submit grant pics and receipts, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, Monday call State Fire Marshall’s office re: reporting, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???,
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments, ask faucet question, if answer ok order. Monday: pickup library book.
    Do Good December
    27: Call a relative who is far away: Call R or S or J

Sleepy so just skimmin’ .

Terri and Tracey and Kim: missed you!
    Lanette no A1C yet, just fasting blood glucose up to 125 first thing in the morning. Joe just naturally somewhat IF’s 17:7, normally awakens around 3 am, breakfasts at 4, second breakfast around 11, then that’s it for the day, but loves his doughnuts and pies. After the chat he threw the Christmas doughnuts away and has taken a break from the brandy.
    Margaret thanks for your advice for dealing with bullies. Wish I’d had it years ago.
    Katla “watched together”? Sounds fun but how did your son do it? Zooming or skyping at the same time on phones while watching the movie on smart TVs? Or?
    Heather :love: the girls in their guinea pig pjs.
    Welcome @namaste2017 would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale? “feels good to be purposeful in support of my health and happiness” Well done!
    Rita love the boys’ smiles.
    JanetR so good to see your smiling face! :love: Santa Jaxx ;)
    Welcome @cynnamingirl ! 4 kidney stones? Owwww! Would you let us know what you’d like us to call you and your general locale?
    KJ :love: the Miguel and Joaquin pics. So with you about crying at movies helping to release some of the sadness I feel.
    Rebecca ((hugs))
    Heather 100 mph winds? :noway:

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    December: better than November.
    daily: sit with Joe: 26, weigh: 27, steps>5505=6452 vits=27 log=27 CI<CO=26 CI<250<CO=19 Tumble & Shadow 5=24 mfp=27 outside=18 up hill=18
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3 =0 rx=4 dance= clean 30 mins=6.5
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=1 20for20=0 bonus: AF=16 play=0 sew=0

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Woke up to a dusting of snow this morning, it’s melting away though now.

Stay safe

Kate UK ❤️
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Julie-I understand your feelings of “what’s the point.” I had a real bout of that earlier today. I slowly realized that the point is, this will end, so I just want to hold on and not use this darned virus as an excuse (at least in my case) for a huge skid. And by the way-you weigh about what I do and I’m 5’5”. That is not fat! Good luck with tooth.

Had a decent Christmas-facetime with youngest son and GF while we opened each other's gifts. FaceTime with Arizona group and watched kids open their presents. Later in day we did a three way family face time. Step son and wife stopped by with kids Christmas afternoon (stayed in garage), quickly opened gifts and visited for about 15 minutes. Zoom call with nephew in the evening.

Hit a pit of depression this afternoon. Tested Az kids that I was pretty sick and tired of the isolation, etc. They face timed. Each of the kids needed to update on the past two days-the chat helped pick me up!

Ginny in Ohio

Good for you that you are recognising and able to keep perspective.
    Long ago a friend-acquaintance spoke about a friend of his who said something like, "he lets himself hit bottom, and then come back, but the friend I was talking to found it a loss of energy." I don't think I had such a notion but it's a conversation that remained in my memory, so I guess it had some meaning.

This weekend I really felt that inertia, especially yesterday. It was so stormy it was difficult to go out really, and one only has the choice between home, shopping and walking outside pretty much these days. I'm not a major shopper.

Ginny, but I am 5'2"! That's a big difference from 5'55 the same weight. Your BMI would be about 23 and mine about 25! For the past 20+ years I'd been at about 19-20 BMI, without much effort really. Now I'm close to 25 BMI. Of course it could be worse. I am not comparing myself to other people but to myself. I've gained about 15 lbs in the past 3 years or so, that I hadn't had for decades. People have different comfort zones. It could be worse, but I'm not thrilled with seeing belly, and had to buy new jeans, etc.

All the women in my immediate family struggle with weight. 3 of the 4 others have had long bouts being morbidly obese, and have spend most of their lives well over 25 BMI.
    I was spared from this struggle for 20 years! I guess I can be grateful for that!!!! I naturally lost weight without trying at all, when I was 33 and in a nice regular relationship with a guy who ate healthily. (and who didn't ask me to lose weight at all. He liked me as I was both before and after losing weight)... and then I just stayed within a certain reasonably comfortable range, for a couple of decades till 2 years post menopause.

Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    As we're getting closer to the end of 2020, I'll ask this question ...

What are some of your highlights of 2020?
    Good things. Happy things. Accomplishments.

Some of my highlights include:
    - finishing my degree
    - working from home for 4 months
    - Rhody
    - having my deviated septum surgery
    - distancing and the focus on cleanliness and hygiene
    - quiet holidays
    - fewer hassles and less stress for my husband
    - discovering ABC Classic FM
    - organised several successful cycling events

M in Oz

Awesome @Machka9 !

• bananasandoranges
    Options
    DH and I have had some health problems this year, which rocked the boat a bit, but in general we have had a very good year

We have so much appreciated each other's support and encouragement during lockdown. I feel blessed by our partnership.

We have both made very good progress with our writing. We settle down to a session every morning after exercise and I am getting nearer to finishing a very long book covering my teenage years. My teenage self has been an interesting companion through her diaries.

Updating the living room and dining room with sanded floors and a paint job. Gives us pleasure every day.

Making huge progress with German and discovering all the "Easy..." language videos on YouTube.

Feeling supported by my son, DDIL and grandchildren. They have done so much to keep our spirits up with videos, photos, Zooms and garden visits. We still feel in touch with their lives.

Not gaining any weight. Haven't lost any either, but we've kept up with our rigorous exercise regime through bouts of less than perfect health,so we are proud of ourselves.

Eating lovely, delicious food every day.

Enjoying the community I live in. The local shops are a joy. The sea is always new.

Zooming my old school friends once a week. I've seen more of them this year than ever! We have known each other 57 years.

Many more wonderful things!

I'm looking forward to even more progress on my book. Starting today!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
    Sounds wonderful!
  • bananasandoranges
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Cancelled hairdresser's today, (no appointment till next Tuesday evening). Had to go to dentist. He says I need 1 inlay/onlay, 2 crowns and 1 implant. I was expecting 2 crowns, but not the implant and the 3rd tooth.

I had some tooth issues in mid summer when almost all dentists are away, and then during beginning of 1st lockdown, when all non-urgent (extremely painful) dental issues were not legal. since it's in back molars and not really visible, or very visible I had a protective or temp filling, and somehow left on the back burning during this complicated year.

That is going to cost 3-4 thousand euros to do the 3.

Way more than the furniture.
    Way more than the modest summer trips...

On the way back I stopped in at Uniqlo and got a couple of flannel shirts and a couple of pairs of undies. I almost never wear flannel shirts as they don't look best on me, but they are very cozy, and fine for staying at home in the winter...

Heating up the last of the chicken (guinea fowl) broth soup.

tracking 3rd day in a row.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Hello everyone.

Yesterday was a productive day. My 2021 goals are almost complete and all of the Christmas decorations, with the exception of the lights in the windows and the Nativity scene, are all packed up and stowed away. The Nativity and lights will be put up after the Epiphany.

While compiling my 2021 goals I reviewed 2020. For goals met and not met I added notes next to each. Comments included why it felt good to complete the goal or the reason why I may not have met one. After a complete review of 2020 I started compiling my 2021 goals. Next to each goal I wrote out why I want to hit the goal or some commentary such as, “Hey girl, this one was carried over from 2020 – do you really want another year to pass and not hit this goal?” 😊

Michelle – The long and short of Charlie’s hairline foot fracture is – he ended up developing a blood clot because of how he was walking. He ended up in the hospital for a week on intravenous blood thinners. This was after 2 separate x-ray appointments and then finally the MRI.

Heather – So glad you were able to catch up with your brother and SIL. I want a pair of guinea pig pjs! The grands look adorable.

Allie – So glad you are home and on the mend. Keep up the great work!

Debbie – Big hug to you. You have the patience of a saint. I would not have put up with the type of treatment from your MIL for 30 years. It is time to put yourself first. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you spending time with your family for the holidays while your husband spends time with his mother. You can plan a separate family celebration at your home. Remember girlfriend, no one is going to treat you better than you treat yourself (this is one of my mantras). I have read a little further on and Put YOURSELF first – it is not selfish – it’s survival. I am very proud of you standing up and putting your jacket on. And, although it took him some time your husband did tell her he had to go and he did (small win my dear).

Karen – Could you imagine the US putting the same tactics in place as Australia? There would be a revolt! I posted something to this fact and attitudes around the world in our covid section.

Katla – Hope the car just needs a tire rotation and it’s nothing serious.

Tracey – So glad to see your post. Life takes us away sometimes. Your husband’s woodwork is beautiful. I love the jewelry box and stockings, and, of course, the treasured card from your mom.

RVRita – I think we are both in-sync. I was getting tired of the negative running through my brain. Glad to hear the pain is lessening and hope you get a call from the darn urologist.

JanetR – You’re so cute playing out in the snow. It is good hearing from you. Love little Santa – he is precious!

Cynnamingirl – Welcome.

KJ – The grands are getting so big! Cuteness overload. Enjoy the rest of your time off – it sounds like you’re getting the much-deserved rest you need.

Machka – Oh, a glass top. I never attempted to repair mine. They are a little more complex. I see Ginny has provided a suggestion regarding glass top repair. Already mentioned the 2020 positives in a previous post. 😊

Ginny – You are on handy-woman! 😊 Happy the Facetime was a balm to your soul.

Loved Ones Who Are Gone/Died/Missed – I speak to each and every one. Some more than others. When I am quiet I can sometimes hear their voices or catch a whiff of their scent (may be reflex memory) and know they stop in from time to time. Even if it is only in my mind it provides a comfort to me. Shortly after Charlie passed I went to a Sylvia Brown show (don’t fault me – I got free tickets and thought it would be interesting). She said one thing about those who have passed that touched me. She stated souls have cut their physical ties and do not carry over pain or regret. They are having a grand time and want us to do the same. She stated this much more eloquently than I have done, but the meaning is the same.

Geez how the morning has flown by! I was up at 3:30, stayed in bed until 4:00, and have been puttering. It is time to get on the “get ready for work” train. 😊 It will be a busy week – lots to do. We need to make our numbers for this quarter so I imagine it will get a crazy week. I am also down 1 in the department due to vacation. Looking forward to it being a busy short week! Only 4 days and then another long weekend. Yeah!

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
    SuziQ – SFL

Great that you are moving on positively with your goals!
  • Machka9
    Options
    40axapug64bt.png

Machka in Oz
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Carol in GA Thank you, sweetie. I bet your grandchildren are getting big. I'm glad you are doing well.

Janetr OKC