WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,332 Member
    Getting my donation to the Salvation Army ready. I have these DVD's if anyone would like them for the cost of the postage (in the US typically around $3)

Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds Walk and Kick
    Rodney Yee's Daily Yoga
    Yoga & Pilates Total Body Toner
    Kathy Smith Power Walk for Weight Loss

PM me if you are interested.

Michele
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,680 Member
    Rita,one day at a time girl !!
    Watching TV then will go to sleep..
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,812 Member
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    :) Nothing to report but happy to be here with all of you.

<3 Barbie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,332 Member
    Anne DE – I hope your mom sticks with it, too

Kim CA – oh, no, a downed tree. Well, what else can you expect from 2020?

Got things inventoried for the Salvation Army so I can take it there tomorrow or the next day.

RV Rita – glad you check in. Come back in full force very soon

Evelyn – you are so creative! Loved loved loved all the pics

Ginny OH – the absolute best thing we did when we moved from PA to NC was to rent. I honestly thought I wanted to live in the area where we were renting. If we hadn’t rented first, I probably would have bought a house in that area and then been sorry that I did. So many Newcomers bought a house and then moved here and then were sorry, they wished they had rented first. The best way, I think, to know what area you want to live in is to actually live there. Like I said, I was convinced I wanted to live in the area where we rented but after living there I realized that I didn’t want to live there.

Michele NC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Lisa - nice to see you post.

Janet - I haven’t taken the batteries out of my scale, I step on it every morning and watch it continue to rise.

Tracey in Edmonton

Tracey

I also get on my scale every single day, sometimes I sabotage myself either way, If it goes up I'm irritated and think might as well eat that piece of fudge. If it goes down I think well see there, I can have that piece of fudge. You now see why I tell everyone I've lost 1500 pounds in my lifetime. I'm sure I have. :)

I'm so sorry that you lost your favorite resident. That must be horribly difficult to deal with. Biggest big hug, sweetie.

Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I had a productive day. I got my tires checked and filled, replenished my lime sparkling water supply & picked up medicine for DH. I also spent some time reading a new book by a favorite author. 😊
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    wmzi5b4etmhh.jpg
    One last photo, Christmas decoration from our son and daughter in law. I admit it took me a minute to figure it out but they knew right away when I realized what it said as I burst out laughing! This one will have a lasting place on the tree...
    Evelyn, grateful to live on high ground on rainy Vancouver Island
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Evening ladies
    Doing better by the day,today no naps and did small things,including my PT.. went and picked up groceries, thanks Trudy for helping..
    And got quite a bit of exercise walking the halls today...
    That's great that you are able to pick up groceries and walk a lot!
    kevrit wrote: »
    My mind hasn’t been in a good place lately so just checking in. Probably do that for a while until I get my head back on straight!

RvRita
    (((Rita))) I think it's ok to post here even if head is not totally straight. It could maybe help.
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Good evening all:

Pretty standard day. Got a few things accomplished for work (actually, more had necessary phone calls).

Had two more staff test positive for Covid. One of them is older and a bit frail so I hope it doesn't hit her too hard. Have 27 positive cases and a few more presumed since this all started. Luckily no staff have died.

Went to gym at 3 and got in work out including 45 minutes on treadmill. I can go there tomorrow and then they are closed until Monday. Need to make sure I exercise over long weekend. I didn't do much last week during Christmas time off and I think that added to the mild depression I fell in.

SIL had cataract surgery today, went well. Evidently hers was rather bad.

Talked with DIL a bit. We are checking out houses near them. Not planning on buying yet (need to stop working and sell this house), but I want to get an idea of areas and what I like/don't like.

Glad everyone seems to be doing pretty well today. Counting down to 2020 being over!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
    I'm so sorry about your colleagues. I'm so surprised the gym is open. Here all gyms have been closed except fro a few months, from around late June to early October.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,680 Member
    Morning ladies
    Woke up and can't sleep so stopping in to say hi,my bestie from N.C. is up this week with her hubby to see grandkids and is coming over and bringing lunch tomorrow.. will be wonderful to see her.
    Going to try and go back to sleep
  • bananasandoranges
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: Congrats on your bike ride. 26.5 km is a significant achievement. :star:

Katla in chilly NW Oregon

Thanks!

The achievement wasn't so much the 26.5 km ride because we do that relatively regularly ... it was the two 2-km mini time trials I did in the middle!

There is a particular road here that is 2 km long and gravel. It's a segment on Strava and a segment is a section of road that people go out and ride fast in order to get a good placement. There are segments all over the world and they vary in length and difficulty.

At one time I held the first place spot on this particular 2 km gravel segment and then others discovered it and they were faster than me ... and I dropped to the bottom of the heap.

Today, we arrived at one end of this segment and temptation overcame me and I had to give it a go.

I did a lot better than I thought I was going to ... but only good enough to move me up to 7th place.

Maybe with more regular exercise and a few less kg, I might be able to nudge my way up a bit on my next try, whenever that will be. It might provide me with motivation!

53 years old and still enjoying the competition!

M in Oz

Awesome! I have almost never done competitive sports or competition, but the one time, a few years ago, I did I did okay found the training for it very helpful and motivating health-wise.
    Lisa - nice to see you post.

Michele - I think not wearing the boot is hurting yourself more than anyone else. I hope you don’t more damage than necessary to your foot.

Katla - I have watched Season 1 in of Virgin River, I will have to look for the book series.
    I don’t normally like movies or shows based on books, maybe I’ll try the other way around.

Janet - I haven’t taken the batteries out of my scale, I step on it every morning and watch it continue to rise.

Kim - luckily you were able to rescue your tree. I hope you didn’t lose many ornaments.

Rebecca - that sounds like a perfect date to me. We haven’t been to a restaurant since Jan 11th, we went out for Rodger’s birthday.

Allie - I bet you’ll heal up quicker being at home.

Evelyn - your grandchildren are cuties. I just realized as I read your post that I didn’t buy anyone an ornament this year. I buy one for stockings each year. I may have to buy for the Grandchildren at least and write 2020 on them. Some of our Grandson’s ornaments hang on our tree as that is where he has decided to leave them.

I have to make 6 dolls mattresses and blankets before Sunday for the bunk bed sets which is Michaela’s birthday present.

Machka - Congratulations on your achievement today.

It was a tough day at work, my favourite resident passed away on Christmas Day. This Covid makes no sense we have residents that have recovered that are more ill overall than some that have passed. It’s been a tough 6 weeks and I hope it ends soon, but I’m fearful it won’t.

Tracey in Edmonton

@Michele and Tracey, I was thinking the same thing about the boot.

@Tracey
    -I used to weigh daily, when weekly or monthly was advised, then more recently (in past years) I have read many times that daily is actually helpful for weight loss. I've started doing that again these past days.
    -I read the previous post about sewing 6 mattresses for 6 babies by this weekend and didn't quite get it. Doll's mattresses makes more sense!
    - I am so sorry about your favorite resident. (((hug)))

• bananasandoranges
    exermom wrote: »

Ginny OH – the absolute best thing we did when we moved from PA to NC was to rent. I honestly thought I wanted to live in the area where we were renting. If we hadn’t rented first, I probably would have bought a house in that area and then been sorry that I did. So many Newcomers bought a house and then moved here and then were sorry, they wished they had rented first. The best way, I think, to know what area you want to live in is to actually live there. Like I said, I was convinced I wanted to live in the area where we rented but after living there I realized that I didn’t want to live there.

Michele NC
    @Ginny, I was thinking the same thing. I have never done this, but I know a British guy who moved from Hong Kong to the south west of France and he recommended I rent for a year before buying. I absolutely didn't have the money to do so, at the time, but I think that's wise advice, if one can.