The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    OMG I just discovered a completely alcohol free vodka. At Beyond Spirits. It’s not cheap! But I ordered a bottle to try it. A truly AF. martini as a splurge would be so nice (If it tastes good). And their drinks are truly 0%, not .5 or something.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,479 Member
    @rubyRed427 That is really sad about your cousin and I feel for his wife too. It must be so hard watching this slow motion train wreck.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    edited January 2021
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    https://people.com/books/chrissy-teigen-talks-about-the-book-that-inspired-her-sobriety/

HEre's a book I have not heard of: Quit like a woman by Holly Whitaker
    Chrissy Tiegen discusses her four weeks of sobriety.

I am reading this and liking it. I think what I get out of it is that you have to change what is making you drink.

Trying out a dry January. First day back to work and not sure I can do it. I hate my job. I was so zen this morning then crap started piling up. I so want to go buy something. I have one can in the fridge. I was going to throw it out but I had wasting stuff. I will get past tonight but not sure I can do more than that.

What makes most of us drink is avoiding/numbing uncomfortable feelings/pain, stress etc You are on the right track by reading about other people's experiences and by coming to this group. Getting past last night is a great start and if that is all you can do right now, that's ok...Just keep coming back to this group and keep checking in. :D
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    I bought a bottle of Fre, non alcoholic chardonnay, yesterday. I opened it and had a glass and it just tasted like white grape juice. The thing is, I felt compelled to keep filling my glass. I drank the whole bottle in an hour. It just made me think, there is no way I will ever be able to drink in moderation. I'm glad I didn't feel compelled to buy the real thing as I was and still am pretty upset about what went down at the Capitol yesterday. We live in the DC metro area and it was deeply unsettling. I'm glad we survived this coup attempt but our democracy is certainly fragile.

I find that too. I do that with my NA beer, drink it fast. Just like I would drink my alcohol fast. Thank God for both of us it was just juice.