NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi again..just had online church, so thought I would get on here while I drink my coffee.

@trooworld & @TeresaW1020 Wow!! you guys are killing it!! Great job both of you!!

Re: the shot. Yes, we got Moderna so need a second dose. No, they didn't give us an appt for it. :/ supposed to try to schedule it the same way we did this one, but if we can't get in, then we call the pharmacy & they will make sure we get it. I also have an appt with the allergy dr about the same time, so I may see if they have it & get it there. You don't have to get it at the same place as first, just get the same kind.

I am not sure how much of a reaction I had. My arm is definitely sore, didn't get red like with shingles shot, and no temp. Kind of felt itchy in spots, but no hives, so maybe all in my head, lol. My asthma kind of kicked up for a while, and I am coughing a little more, but I wonder if it isn't more from acid reflux from the broasted chicken which was way greasier than anything I have eaten in the last year. I had wondered if my cough was from flavored fizzy water, so it has been 8 or 9 days since I had any & I noticed on Thurs I wasn't coughing at all. But last night & today I am some. Oh well, I have my Medicare Wellness check tomorrow, I'll see what she thinks. I don't think any of it was enough to not get the second dose.

Hope every has a great Sunday!!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,210 Member
    edited January 2021
    @cbabie Well, give itrackbites a try and see if it works for you. You can always go back and track your food for yesterday. I wonder if other families have double bdays like we do. Oh, I just thought of one. Our neighbors growing up. one of the daughter and the dad had same bday. I'd like to hear you and your sil sing. Childhood memories. :# If I end up like dad at the end I can eat ice cream and hershey bars and don't forget the diet coke.

@mswatson0777 So far so good on the f&v intake. More than last week. So you sound like you are putting some fun into your life to balance your stress with school/work. So how are you balancing your food/exercise? Maybe you posted to another thread. lol My hubby swore he sent me something today and found out later he had sent it to my daughter.

@retiredandlovingit I think it was the steak on top of the rolls. This is the first time bread has bothered me but it was extremely soft. Which is the best kind. One way to keep me from eating it. Pizza Ranch: That brings up memories of me going to see my son. lol I'm glad you were able to get the vaccine. There has to be a better way for distribution. I won't hit 65+ for a while. ;) Yaaay on your treadmill. So what food will you add to boost the fiber? Adding these f&v is not boosting it as much as I thought it would. This will take more tweaking than I thought.

@teresaw1020 The food swallowing problem causes chest pain, kind of like trapped air, then the burping and hiccuping may start, I love the new chair. The fiber plan is really more for health than weight loss. Because of the brain book I'm reading, I need more whole foods or my son will be taking care of me like I'm taking care of my mil. I don't want that. I'm hoping a side effect is weight loss. I have no problem "filling out my diaper" so I chose fiber because I thought it would be a good way to count and track something that would include whole foods. I can stay within my carb and calorie counts but still not eat alot of healthy food. That doesn't take care of my brain. I basically want to focus on that. I don't really have low carb days as my lowest had always been up to 100. So I will see what this 16 points get me on my red days. Obviously it will be alot of f&v. We'll see after this week what things I need to tweak. Good thing it got me to eat a red cabbage, romaine lettuce, apple, carrot slaw, with some walnuts thrown in. That beats the Rolos I was eating last week. You did so well with your no sugar month. Good for you. So what goal are you going to have for your FL trip?

@trooworld I got 25%. I think my plan is awful close to your plan. lol Aren't you following WW? Which color are you doing? I think the most important thing is your mindset change. You are a different person now. You had a great January. Now follow with a super February. I had a good start to January, a messy middle and then a good last week so I ended up with a 1.1 loss overall. Thank God for this last week well, last 2 days, I thought I was going to show a gain for January. I'm hoping for a better February. Plus it's my bday month so February is always a great month.

January goals:

Green-Went Over 31/30 :(
    Intentional Exercise-45 min walking o:)
    Water-25% :|
    Zone minutes ??? Fitbit isn't synching right now.
    Fiber: 24/14 o:)
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi, just saw slightedge message, so thought I would answer before I leave.

My breakfast is steel cut oats, ground flaxseed, chia seed, walnuts, & blueberries it is 12 gms fiber. The oats, chia, & walnuts are fair for protein, too. Yes, I eat the same breakfast every day.
    Other things..Village Hearth bread is only 90 cal & 4 gms fiber for 2 slices (but not a whole food :/ )
    Sweet potatoes & baked potatoes both really good for fiber, Broccoli & peas. Pears are about the highest fiber fruit I have found & I love them. Then my chili, with all the beans I put in, a serving is 12gms. I definitely am not eating low carb, tho.

Some days I have gotten to 35 gms, but not so much lately. Need to get with it.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,852 Member
    @RetiredAndLovingIt Thank you! That's good you will check in with a doctor about your symptoms. They may want you to report them. That looks like a really healthy and delicious breakfast!

@theslightedgeforever I got about 75% yesterday, I was off my game lol. I am following WW, I am on the green plan. 1.1 lbs is great, at least you went down instead of up! What day is your birthday?

Hi all. I did a Leslie Sansone video in the morning yesterday but I wish I had done it at about 4:30, I am finding I sleep better when I work out later in the day, I wake up less often. I tried to make healthy chocolate cookies (with Splenda) yesterday but they were a total flop and I threw them away. We had chicken enchiladas for dinner and they were very good. I think I will work out twice today, once this morning and then again when I get off work.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld I love the new chair! It looks great in the room and it’s super comfy. I sat in last evening reading the Beck book. :) You did so amazing in January with your goals and changing your mindset! Super proud of you, my friend! <3 Bummer that the cookies didn’t turn out and had to be thrown out. Maybe see if you can find a different recipe? I always workout in the morning and I definitely sleep better on workout days than when I skip it.

@RetiredAndLovingIt I’m glad that the shot hasn’t been difficult for you. The second one might affect you more from what I’ve heard so just prepare yourself to feel yucky for a day or so. That is interesting that you think the flavored fizzy water could be causing your cough. :/

@theslightedgeforever I’m in total agreement that eating more whole foods than Rolos is a very good idea! My goal for Florida is to be a little relaxed with my eating but not treat it like it’s a free-for-all. I keep reminding myself of how good I feel right now and if I go eating a ton of garbage I will feel like garbage. Although, DH bringing home chocolate will be a test for sure. See below. ;)

Good morning! I woke up with a long list of things running through my mind of things I need to before leaving for Florida on Friday. I always worry that I will forget something vital so I’ve got my “packing and to-do-list” before me so I can keep adding to it. So, yesterday DH went to the store and came home with a 12-pack of Ferrero Rocher chocolate for me to take on my trip. What!! :o He said I should have 3 pieces a day and think of him. Very sweet of him, but also a real test for me to see if I can only eat 3 pieces and not the whole 12 in one sitting. At first, I thought of not taking them with me, but I actually want to see if I can do moderation with sugar. Hopefully, I will be bringing some home on Sunday to share with him and celebrate a victory for me. *fingers crossed*
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @trooworld Way to go on the super long walk! I never thought of eating jicama warm, I bet that did taste delicious since they're starchy. And 6.4lbs in a month is awesome!! I love the idea of doubling up movement to help with sleep.

@RetiredandLovingIt I'm so excited you've got your first covid shot, that is fantastic! A pizza night to celebrate sounds perfect! I hope the mild effects peter out soon

@TeresaW1020 Congrats on making it 31 days, that is a huge accomplishment and it's fantastic that the cravings have went away. Also, I love that chair (and it looks like your pup does too!). It's a super cute pattern. Also, I totally pack in advance too. We're doing a cabin weekend this weekend and my bag is already mostly packed(!)

@theslightedgeforever I'm balancing food and exercise okay. I realized that at this point in my life, I need to focus on maintenance instead of weight loss and that's okay. I've maintained this year within a 5lb range and I'm calling that a significant win. Once I'm back in person at work and honestly, once grad school is done is when I think I can really hit the ground running on getting the last 10lbs off. I'm so glad you're fruit and veggies intake has increased, that always makes such a difference for me!

Happy Monday! This week is a short weekend since we'll be leaving for the cabin Thursday. I already did the grocery shopping and my bag is mostly packed (can you tell I'm excited??). It is definitely not going to be a healthy eating weekend, but I'm hoping to make it at least manageable. I'm packing fruit and veggies to snack on and the drinks I packed are low calorie seltzers so I'm not planning on going completely hog wild. I have to remind myself I don't feel well when I overdo it! Now I just have to make it through the next three workdays, since the anticipation is killing me!!

• theslightedgeforever
    edited February 2021
    @retiredandlovingit Thanks for the fiber advice. I could add some chia and flaxseed. I ran out and just never replaced them. I love pears too.

@trooworld I got 25% yesterday but I'm on track to get 100% today. Well so far so good for me on the blue plan since Thursday. lol We'll know soon how I did on my first week. It does cause me to choose better. That's good that you noticed you sleep better when you exercise later. Sleep is so important for our health. I haven't found any good "diet" recipes I like. So I'm committed to the real stuff but less of it.

@teresaw1020 I remember a couple of vacations I took where I would choose breakfast and lunch just like I would if I were at home but then dinner was free where I could indulge just a bit. That seemed to help me versus last couple of years I think I indulged all three meals plus snacks. If you can go a month without sugar surely you can do this. You have it in you. It's entirely possible to just eat 3. It's all in the mind.

@mswatson0777 A cabin weekend sounds great. I like to think of life like a stove. 4 burners. Sometimes we have to put something on the back burner on simmer. If we try to cook everything at once we are liable to burn it all. A 5lb range this past year is a definite win.

January goals:

Yellow-Went Over 26/23 :(
    Intentional Exercise-rest day
    Water-25% :|
    Zone minutes 2- 4 due to inactivity 4/8
    Fiber: 12/17 :|
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 That's awesome that your new chair is comfy, it's super cute! Thanks for your support! I think I will look for a different recipe. I always worry the same thing so I make a checklist, too. :) Oh dear, those chocolates are delicious and certainly a temptation. I wish you luck!

@mswatson0777 Yeah, I had to get it out of my head that it was jicama because when I think jicama, I think crunch and starchy taste but when they are cooked, they aren't like that. Thanks for your support! A trip to a cabin sounds fantastic. I'm so glad you are getting away!

@theslightedgeforever I got 95% yesterday. Did you get the 100% yesterday? My husband joined me on WW and is on the blue plan. That's good it causes you to choose better. It IS very important to sleep well. I don't necessarily want to work out twice a day but if I don't do it in the morning, I'm afraid I won't do it at all and if I do a workout in the morning, I feel like I have to work out at night so I sleep well. Eating less of the real thing is a great plan.

Hi all. Yesterday didn't turn out as I planned: I ended up on my feet at work from 1:15-4 pm and not really walking around, it was mostly just standing around in a meeting. I was so tired when I got home that I didn't work out a second time. I paid for it with my sleep: I got "FAIR" sleep according to my Fitbit. I have a headache this morning but I'm determined to work out.

• mswatson0777
    @theslightedgeforever I love that analogy, cause I'm not giving up but I also don't have the energy to accomplish it right now so I'm really just focused on keeping up habits so I don't come out of covid heavier than when I entered it

@trooworld I hope the workout helps your headache. I know walking always helps when I have one (especially if it's hangover induced)

Hi All! So I was insanely productive yesterday to try to distract myself from the cabin weekend coming up. I hope today I can keep myself similarly occupied. Goodness knows I always have enough on my plate to fill the time, it's just getting myself to do it. I've got some major catch up work in one of my grad classes that should hopefully help. I just want it to be Thursday morning!

I did have an oopsie moment. I had ordered cookies from Troop 6000 (they're comprised of girls from the New York City homeless shelter system), and I of course got into the box. I only had two servings which I'm calling a win...but STILL. They went right into the freezer so I can pull them out the next time we have guests.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited February 2021
    @trooworld I got my 100%, finally! My fitbit told me today when I get more fitbit points than my goal of 30 points I get 10 minutes more deep sleep? Did you workout?

@mswatson0777 I used to keep thin mints in the freezer every year. Only GS cookie I will eat. Well, I guess I would eat the other, lol, maybe. I didn't buy any this past year. Two servings is better than the whole box or sleeve as I call it. I can just tear open that foil and eat and then keep eating. Which is why they stay in the freezer. Although I found they are good frozen too. ;) Keep counting your wins. They are motivational.

I made some brocolli, cauliflower, carrot soup for lunch in my crockpot. then I'll blend it all up for some creamy goodness. Cruciferous veggie, (check)

I went to put some chia seeds on my pear today and found out I'm all out of chia seeds. So I will add that to the shopping list this week.

February goals:

Red-Stayed OP 15/16 o:)
    Intentional Exercise-30 min walking 30 min PT exercises o:)
    Water-100% o:)
    Zone minutes 57- 3 due to inactivity 5/8 o:)
    Fiber: 17/14 o:)
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,559 Member
    Afternoon all, I have been in hiding. I had a breakdown this week and had to hide from social media. I turned my phone on and even took baby girl for a drive...my DH tried to call me but my phone was off...I got the what for when i got back home. I just had to step away...my oldest daughter was sending me stuff she was finding on a company she loved, but is now sick over, etc...the political atmosphere in our nation, well meaning people who give their opinion...a little of family drama..so I decided to "pull the shade" for a bit. I won't try to catch up. I found myself not mentally in a good place..so had to break from it. I like the itrack..I did well until the shade pulled..LOL. I am tracking today again...went for a couple of LONG walks with baby girl.

I am sorry I went MIA, but felt for my own sanity I had to. You guys are a great support and I wasn't pulling the shade on on you per say..but didn't want to open my computer, nothing..So I am slowing taking some things in and walking away from others.

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    @mswatson0777 I can feel your excitement about going to the cabin! I’m reminding myself about not overdoing for the same reason you are. We want to feel good and overeating doesn’t so we shouldn’t! Good idea to put those cookies in the freezer! :)

@theslightedgeforever Yup, it’s all in the mind. I’m learning that from Beck as well. Being mindful and planning what I will eat and how much of it before going free-for-all will help me for sure. Plus, I have to report back to y’all so I better behave. :grin:

@trooworld that is great that your husband joined you on WW! When did that happen? Just standing is very hard on the body so I would call that an endurance workout and give yourself credit for it. But hopefully, you will get better sleep tonight. :)

@cbabie Hey, you have to take care of yourself and that sweet little girl first and foremost!! I’m just glad you came and checked in with us. Be kind to yourself! <3

Hi everyone! Today was a busy day with me getting my hair cut and colored, going to Khols, and then to Walmart. I fasted all day until I got home and was starving but only ate my little Keto dinner, so I’m happy with myself. The scale was at another all-time low this morning, so that is keeping me motivated. Plus, leaving on Friday for Florida and wanting to look nice in the pantsuit I bought for the wedding is keeping me on track. OK, I have to leave in 30 minutes for Bible study and it’s soooo cold and windy out there. I’m going to make a big cup of green tea to take with me. :)
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Thanks. It didn't, unfortunately. Thursday is almost here! Hang in there! That is great that you only had 2 servings of the cookies, that isn't easy to do! And smart to put them in the freezer. ;)

@theslightedgeforever Yay!!! I got 80% yesterday. I worked out twice yesterday, once in the morning and once at about 5:00 p.m. Your soup sounds good and healthy.

@cbabie Aw, I'm so sorry you had this happen. <3<3<3 I'm glad you took time off from being connected, sometimes that is the healthiest thing to do. No need to apologize, you were taking care of yourself, which is the most important thing to do! ((( HUGS ))) to you, my dear.

@TeresaW1020 He joined about 1 1/2 weeks ago. He said he'd only do it for a month to "learn" how to eat well but I think he likes it and is going to stay on it. ;) Thanks for pointing out that about the standing. I agree, it was hard on my body. How wonderful to have such a great day and then be rewarded at the scale! Woo hoo! Stay warm.

Hi all. I did end up working out twice yesterday (morning and night), see below for my heart rate ranges. I think I did pretty well. The workouts I do with Leslie, aren't just walking--- there is a HIIT component to most of them and sometimes resistance bands or weights. My headache got worse and I ended up taking sick time from work and resting. It's better today. Last night for dinner, I made fettuccine with meat sauce. I used lower carb/high fiber noodles (see the other picture below). It was so delicious and you get a nice sized portion. I got the noodles on Amazon.

vpt30kfeqrs7.jpg

614g9vqus79b.jpg
  • mswatson0777
    @theslightedgeforever That soup sounds fantastic, how did it turn out? I LOVE thin mints in the freezer so that would not slow me down lol. I purposefully got my husband's favorites (shortbread and samoas) instead of mine to reduce the damage I can do!

@trooworld Thanks for the tip on the noodles. My SO will love those! And I'm glad you were able to take some time and feel better now. I also took an hour off work yesterday partially due to a headache. It felt good to get out of the house and take a long walk. And Leslie's videos are no joke, I love that she incorporates a lot of different movements in.

@TeresaW1020 Great job making a healthy dinner choice when you were super hungry, I always struggle with that! And I love green tea on a cold day as well. It's so warming and comforting!

@cbabie Good for you for stepping away and taking yourself for a drive instead of engaging. I used the unfollow button liberally this year so my facebook is almost entirely baby photos, dog photos, and memes (I highly recommend doing the same to triggering content).

Happy Wednesday All! I just have to make it through today and I'm off to cabin weekend!

I had a bit of a stress breakdown last night. I've got two papers for class I need to get started on, my advisor got me my dissertation draft back and of course it needs more edits before it's committee ready, AND I've got to get a lot of work stuff done before I can leave after today. I had wanted this weekend to be a work-free space, but with everything that needs to be done, I might have to allow myself to do at least 1-2 hours a day so I don't completely drown when I get back. I'm honestly super bummed about it, but I entered into this year knowing it was going to be challenging and that I was going to have to work harder than I ever have to achieve all of my goals and this is just an example of it. Oh well, at least it's only a few hours a day instead of 8 work hours, plus committee volunteer hours, plus class hours, PLUS dissertation hours.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie I'm glad you are doing itracks and like it. We all feel the need to step away a bit.

@teresaw1020 What color is your hair? ;) Yaaay on another all time low

@trooworld I got 100%. Your pasta looked good. You are still doing very well.

@mswatson0777 I enjoyed the soup. It was a thicker soup good for the winter. So it this cabin weekend? I thought so but then saw you had to some work so if it's cabin weekend, then get you a good ambience going at the cabin somewhere so you can enjoy that while working that 1-2 hours. One day this will all be behind you.

February goals:

Green-Stayed OP 27/30 o:)
    Intentional Exercise-61 min walking, 27 min strength training, 28 min PT exercises o:)
    Water-100% o:)
    Zone minutes 69- 1 due to inactivity 7/8 o:)
    Fiber: 16/21 :|
  • cbabie
    Afternoon all, it's cloudy here and most likely will not be going for my walk. I am trying to make some choices in life for me and it's hard. LOL. 2021 has been a year already. LOL

@theslightedgeforever lots of halo's lol

@TeresaW1020 Yea on the loss, you are so going to be lookin GOOD in that pant suit.

@trooworld Sorry you got another headache. Those really stink..thanks for the pictures...keeps you moving don't they!! LOL Love Amazon...it's kind of like the saying. Give it to Mikey he will eat anything...go to Amazon they have everything..LOL

@mswatsono077 You are focused and determined. You know what your goals are and are going for them. It will be like a conversation my youngest said to me today....I don't know how I did it with my kids being so close... (2 years). I said...tell me again how far apart are you and your sister? She became quiet. LOL. you will look back and with a smile on your face!! Try not to let it all get you and relax...cause you know the work will still be there when you get back. LOL

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld That is great that you have DH on board with you and that he is willing to learn to eat what you need to eat. Does he have much weight to lose? Great job on getting your heart rate up in your workouts. I’ve been having fun watching my heart rate on my apple watch while I work out. I’m not sure what it’s supposed to be but I seem to be doing good! :D

@mswatson0777 Uggghhh you make me tired just reading all you have to get done! I hope that even having to do some work this weekend you will still get lots of rest and have fun. :)

@theslightedgeforever My hair looks pretty much just like it does in my profile pic. Red with highlights and short. I think my natural hair color is brown but I’ve been dying it red for 30 years. I have a lot of natural redheads in my family and it’s always annoyed the heck out of me that I wasn’t blessed like they were. So I pay for it! :D You're goals are looking good, but what’s up with the fiber?

@cbabie Making choices that are in our best interest can be really tough. I’ve had to do that in my life and while it’s never been easy, it has been the best. You will make the right choices. Just keep praying and seeking His will for you. <3

Hello! It’s been a good day with lots of things getting done. I worked out really hard this morning and manage to tweak my knee. I’m taking off until next Monday and by then I will be ready to get back to it. I did some housework, laundry, and packed up a lot of things I will need for the trip to Florida. I always feel like I’m going to forget something vital. DH reminded me that Walmart is down the street and I can always buy what I leave behind. My man is full of wisdom. :grin: Ohhh I asked him what he was going to eat when I’m gone. Fast food and apple pie was his reply. I told him to have fun! :D
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Yeah they were really good. I'm sorry you had a headache, too. I found distracting myself by tidying up helped for a bit. Yeah some people might think that Leslie's videos are just straight walking since that is what they are called but they vary in difficulty and can be a good workout. By now, you are at the cabin...that sounds so fun! I hope you enjoy the break. I'm sorry you have to do dissertation work while there but you are probably better off doing it.

@theslightedgeforever Yay!!! I got 100% too. :) Yes, that pasta was excellent. Thank you!

@cbabie I'm glad you are making choices for yourself...you can't take care of anyone else if you don't take care of yourself first. Yeah, my headaches suck lol. Those videos do keep you moving! That is totally true about Amazon lol!

@TeresaW1020 He has about 30-50 lbs to lose. It is good that he's on WW. It's the first time he's consistently tracked since we've been together. Usually, he starts tracking in MFP and gives up after a few days because he doesn't know how to track our home cooking. ;) I figure if my heart rate is in the orange and red zones, I'm doing good lol. I don't really know, either! I'm sorry you hurt your knee. :( It's good you are taking time off. Fast food and apple pie...LOL!

Hi all. Well, my experiment with working out at night and sleep is not going well: some days, it helps my sleep. Other days, not so much. I read a story in Reader's Digest that someone with anxiety and insomnia started taking a CBD tincture and it helped her sleep. I might experiment with that and see if it helps. I do see my new doctor today, so I will ask her about it. I switched my weigh-in days to Friday at my husband's request (that's his day) and I think I will do a bit better.

• mswatson0777
    @theslightedgeforever It is cabin weekend, and sadly yes I am bringing work with me. 2021 is the year of hustle for both my husband and I so we can hopefully enjoy the fruits of our labor in 2022! I'm glad the soup turned out well. I love thick soups for winter too

@trooworld That's awesome that you and your husband have the same weigh in day to stay accountable to one another! I hope the CBD helps, I know a lot of people swear by it!

@TeresaW1020 My husband always says the same thing! I respond that I hate buying things that I already have just because I forgot them. I also got a kick out of him eating fast food and apple pie. He's definitely in staycation mode

@cbabie Thank you for the pep talk, I needed it! And I'm proud of you for carving out space for yourself. You can't give from an empty cup and you deserve it!

Today is the day! I am so excited to be taking off for a long weekend. I got a lot of packing done last night so this morning I mostly just have to load the car. I also got a workout in before I left so I'm feeling good going into the weekend. My SO is driving so I've got the three hours in the car to hopefully get some additional work done before we get there.

After my breakdown yesterday I took a 90 minute walk and called my Grandma. It really helped to center me and put me into a better headspace going into this weekend. I've got 5 days of no work and it's an opportunity to relax and get my goals done in my time.
  • cbabie
    Afternoon, I am going for a walk here soon, it's nice here today. Put dinner in the crockpot and going to sit down and read. I miss reading.

@TeresaW1020 LOL my hubby would say your forgot it too bad..you didn't need it. LOL. So you don't shave for 2 days...it won't kill you. LOL. I hope you enjoy your trip...so glad you are getting to go.

@trooworld Yea I always like Sat WI days then I could eat what I wanted on the weekends and make up for it during my work week. LOL. Glad he is on the journey with you.

@mswatson0777 Yea you are going!!! Thank you for calling your grandma. It's really important for you and for her. I have a friend who is in a nursing home and I hate that sometimes he sounds down. His SO died 4 months ago. I am going to send a card and trying to think of something I can send that will bring a smile to his face. I would love to send chocolate...he loves it...but afraid it will not be in one piece or melted..LOL.

Have a great day
    Cbabie