NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,788 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Actually, I don't think my sleep is that much better but I'm giving it time. As for the 4 day weekend, on Friday, I am going to go through my closet and get rid of some clothing and attempt to go to Trader Joe's to get stuff for my charcuterie board that we are having Saturday. Saturday, we are celebrating Valentine's Day and I am putting together the board and plus I am making chocolate lava cakes. That's the extent of my plans! I'm glad you are feeling better and that the scale is down. You will get good exercise, cleaning that church! And you will have the satisfaction of doing it well.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @trooworld I love your new standing desk! I'm also a huge fan of cauliflower crust pizza. I think it's a great way to get extra veggies in and if it's done well I can't tell either

@TeresaW1020 I'm so glad you didn't let a number on the scale hold you back! Also, congrats on the scale already being down so fast with all that water weight! And congrats on the new gig, the extra money and extra movement are two bonuses!

Another day, another dollar!

This morning I woke up and my back pain is significantly less than yesterday which is good. I'm going to keep doing back stretches after work and talking my husband into giving me nightly massages until it's 100% better.

I was able to get some dissertation work in this morning which felt great. I hadn't looked at it in 5 days so it was definitely time to get back in! Luckily the edits she suggested weren't as extensive as I thought so I'm still on track to get her the next one after the 14th. I'm hoping the next step will be to get it to the committee, mostly because I desperately want the two week break from it while they read it through before the meeting.

Otherwise, food and activity are going well. I threw out the rest of the cake in the house (it's after my birthday and I don't need the leftovers). I made a big batch of butternut squash soup and Mexican beef bowls for meals this week and they are both delicious!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited February 2021
    @teresaw1020 Glad you enjoyed your trip. Lots of good fun calorie burning with dancing. I'm sure most of that 5 lbs is bloat. You'll go back to your all time lows soon. I thought the cake pic was a cheese omelet too. Emotional eating: a big bowl of broccoli just doesn't taste as good as other things that we eat. My opinion of course. Ah great news on 4 lbs disappearing. I always find I bloat up with long car trips. The extra job will burn calories too.

@cbabie That's good that you are tracking and keeping your why list. The mindset is the most important. Actors and TV shows have very strict protocols when they work. They get tested all the time and have very strict quarantine rules when they travel.

@gemwolf110 Sounds like you are making small changes that will lead to big things. Good for you.

@trooworld I love Snoop and martha together. I got 25%. Excellent idea on the work desk. It's so true. We all need to sit less.

@mswatson0777 So glad you got in a good leg workout. I love to dance too. I would be those ladies at the reception where it's 2 AM and the DJ is saying this is the LAST song and I'm still not done.) There are just some things I have energy for. Yaaay on the cake.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Afternoon...I can't believe I didn't post yesterday. I got busy, I know I read the post. LOL. Mon and Tues are usually crazy here. Baby girl had a great check up, no cavities and her teeth look great and she was great, did exactly as she was told by the dentist. YEA. She got a balloon and yea try keeping that from flying out a window while driving so we got a little toasty on the way home. LOL

@theslightedgeforever LOL I was actually talking about how they don't wear them on the job as much as I thought they might in the program...not that I worried about them all being together. I guess I am just so used to seeing everyone wear mask all the time..except while I walk. Even driving I see people in their car with them on...NOT ME..I hate how I feel I the mask. LOL. I tracked last night but was 250 calories over...a bowl of ice cream..LOL

@mswatson0777 Your soup and bowls sound good. LOL. Great job on throwing out the cake...I am not sure I would be that good.. LOL. Sounds like you are progressing good in school and food.

@trooworld Great job on being creative on your desk. I used to sell office furniture and that was a big (expensive) item a sit to stand desk. I hope your sleep gets better..

@TeresaW1020 You sound like me with the church stuff. I would have probably done the same. I got on FB yesterday and interestingly enough there was a section that said videos of you....oh my IT found videos of me trying to get people involved in Children's ministry. eerie seeing yourself come up when you weren't looking.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Thank you! Now, to get used to standing all the time. ;) I had never had cauliflower crust pizza OUT, I've made it but never got it to go. It was surprisingly good. I hope your back continues to hurt less. Back pain is the worst. Happy belated birthday, I didn't realize it was your day recently! It sounds like you are prepared for the rest of the week!

@theslightedgeforever Me too. I got 100% yesterday, first 100% in a while. I am not standing the whole time (yet), I need to get used to standing so much.

@cbabie I'm so glad baby girl's dental checkup went well! That must be a relief. Thanks re: the desk. When desperate, you do creative things lol. I am so frustrated with my sleep. :(

Hello all. I had a call yesterday with a nurse from my insurance company and she asked if I had ever had a sleep study done, that I might have sleep apnea. So, I emailed my doctor and she's going to order one but doesn't think I have sleep apnea. My doctor seems like she doesn't want to refer me to the sleep clinic, I asked her for either a referral to the sleep clinic or a sleep study and that's when she told me that she didn't think I have sleep apnea and she wants me to follow up with my doctor that prescribes my mental health meds. I'll do it but I feel like the buck is getting passed around a bit.

• mswatson0777
    @theslightedgeforever SAME! I'm a terrible dancer but I always have so much fun I don't care! My SO calls it my white girl bop lol.

@trooworld Oh bummer. I'm sorry you have to jump through so many hoops to figure out the sleep thing. I hope you get answers soon

@cbabie I'm so glad the checkup went well! It does feel good to be back home and in the groove again

Hi Ladies! Quick check-in today since I'm interviewing for my job as a permanent position this morning. I'm definitely in zoom interview mode with a suit jacket and makeup up top (and slippers and yoga pants on bottom!). Hopefully I'll have good news to share soon!

Otherwise, I spent last night doing more stretch based yoga and went to bed early. It was glorious! I'm excited to have tomorrow off for another three day weekend! It's going to be hard adjusting to full weeks back at work after all this time off and fun we've been having.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @mswatson0777 Sending you good vibes for today’s interview! How is your back doing? Is hubby helping you out with the messages? :)

@trooworld Sheesh what is wrong with your doctor! You have been having issues with your sleep and she knows it. Maybe your other doctor will be able to help you. You just have to keep at them until you get the help you need. :/

@cbabie I think I forgot to post yesterday too. Glad baby girl had a good dental check-up. How old is she now? I miss my three-year-old great-niece Elena that I got to hang out with this past weekend. :)

@theslightedgeforever, I agree that a big bowl of broccoli wouldn’t satisfy my emotional eating needs either. Although I do think I would binge on some mashed cauliflower, which I’m making for dinner! :grin:

Hi everyone! Well, I told the staff that I was going to take over the cleaning job at the church and they are all thrilled. The guy we have been using was our worship pastor, but then he left to pastor his own small church and had two kids back-to-back and didn’t have any money. So, we kept him even though he has never done a very good job. I’m looking forward to all the deep cleaning I get to do starting next week. :grin: After work, I went to Aldis to buy stuff for meatloaf, mashed cauliflower, and roasted green beans. I’m excited!!
  • cbabie
    Afternoon all, I can't post today but wanted to drop in on you and let you know I got in 3walks today.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Thanks! I hope your interview went well! I would dress just like that lol I hope you have a great day off.

@TeresaW1020 I hope the other doctor can help me. :( That's good that everyone is excited for you to do the cleaning. Dinner sounds yummy!

@cbabie Wow, that's great you got 3 walks in! Come back whenever you can. Hugs.

Hi all. I am excited, I have today off! I'm going to start some bread I'm making, go to Trader Joe's for the ingredients for my charcuterie board, and do a couple of other errands. It's supposed to rain either today or tomorrow. I hope it doesn't.

• theslightedgeforever
    Yesterday was my no work/no rules day I take once a year AKA I turned 57. I enjoyed every minute of it. But I always do. I did track though because I made a tracking challenge to friends for a day not realizing what day it would be. But real life calls now and I'm headed later to a firepit night with my little group of friends. Half of us still wears our mask when sitting together cause I don't know where they've been. Then I just move away when I eat and take off my mask. I'll be glad when we don't have to do this anymore.

Tomorrow I will be back on my normal exercise routine since Fridays I rest. Although I may do a little dancing by the fire, we'll see.

Make good choices.
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I didn't track yesterday but didn't really eat either. I have tracked today and no walk yet. But soon. It's a little windy out

@trooworld what kind of bread are you making? Sounds like its a good day off lol

@theslightedgeforever good for you, glad you enjoyed YOUR day. I feel like we wil always be wearing mask. I ended up in the church parking lot and a couple asked if they could pray with me..I said yes..these people are way older than me..LOL no mask in my car window...horribly I prayed no contagious and I put sanitizer on my hands afterwards..he always wears a mask in Church..

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    edited February 2021
    @theslightedgeforever Happy Birthday to you!!! So glad that you had a wonderful time and dancing by the fire sounds fun. :grin:

@cbabie I agree with you that we will probably always have to wear masks. I finally bought some of those surgical ones in black and they are the best I’ve found at keeping my glasses from fogging up. Fortunately, I don’t wear one very often except when I’m in stores that require it. ;)

@trooworld Girl, you are making me want to go to Trader Joe's and make me a charcuterie board! Is it for Valentine’s Day? I’m making enchiladas with actually carb-laden tortillas. :D Then I'm having wine and chocolate with my sweetie. It’s cold and rainy here. Most annoying! :s

Hi everyone! Well, I ended up with a 1.7 lb gain this week. Should have been down more but it is what it is. I’m going to really work this week to get it off and then some. I’m still rebelling against calorie counting but I have decided to at least write down what I eat every day in my little daily planner. The Beck book talks about pre-planning so I’m writing down what I will eat each night for the next day. It’s in pencil so I can adjust as needed. B)
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D I'm glad you enjoyed your special day. I'll be glad when we don't have to wear masks, either. I am now doubling up my mask and wearing a face shield as there have been all kinds of variants of this stuff found in Southern California. I love the idea of you dancing by the fire!

@cbabie Why didn't you eat? Are you upset? I am making a "No-Knead Rustic Artisan Style Loaf": https://www.cookingclassy.com/crusty-rustic-bread-its-no-knead/ We'll see how it turns out, I'm skeptical as I'm not good with working with yeast!

@TeresaW1020 LOL DO IT! Yes, we are celebrating Valentine's Day today (Saturday). Enchiladas sound good too. Wine and chocolate--- perfect! It's cold here, too, it rained yesterday a little bit. Sorry about the gain. You'll get it off this week! I think it's a good idea to write down what you are eating so you can face it on paper

Hi all. Well, yesterday I made a caramel sauce out of goat's milk called Cajeta Casera that will go in my homemade Creamy Cajeta ice cream. It took 1 1/2 hours to make that caramel sauce! But it will be really good. I'm waiting for my dutch oven to heat up and then I will put my dough for my "No-Knead Rustic Artisan Style Loaf" in the oven. My sister-in-law loves my charcuterie boards so she asked us to make one for my MIL for Valentine's day. No problem, I bought enough stuff I can easily make 2 boards! LOL My dog has to go to the vet today to get his teeth cleaned. I hate putting him under anesthesia, it scares me, but he needs to get his teeth cleaned so it's happening. Have a great Saturday, everyone!

• theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie Looks like your tracking is becoming more and more of a habit

@teresaw1020 Are you enjoying the Beck book?

@trooworld Caramel sauce and goat's milk should NOT be in the same sentence. lol I had goat cheese once and it has ruined anything similar to me. How did your bread turn out? I made something similar once in my dutch oven. I did find out I'm not an artesian bread lover.
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever I am enjoying the Beck book. I’m on day 16 and so far, it’s helping me to stay more mindful of some of my problem areas. Such as being a fast eater and eating everything on my plate. I made a response card to go on my table that says, slow the FORK down, watch for signs of fullness, and leave at least one bite on the plate. I’m also keeping a food journal where I write down what I plan to eat the day before. I’m not counting calories or macros but I do like having it written down so I can have a reference for when I struggle. :)

@trooworld Sooo I had to go Google Cajeta ice cream and now I WANT it!! You are so fancy!! :grin: I hope everything went well with your dog’s teeth cleaning. I would be worried too.

Good morning and happy Valentine’s Day!! I woke up to gifts on my desk from my sweet hubby. A new 18” silver chain for the cross-diamond necklace he gave me several years ago. The other chain was too long, and I wanted a shorter one. I also received my favorite Lindt dark chocolate with chili bar. I will be sharing that with him later with a bottle of red wine. <3 Then tomorrow I have to get back to eating strict Keto and get my weight to start moving back in the right direction. It’s going to be spring here before I know it and want to clean out my closet and buy some new clothes in a smaller size. :)
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever LOL! Just for that, I feel like I have to post a picture of it to entice you! ;) See below. I love goat cheese! It does have a strong flavor though. My bread turned out really well, we ate some of it with the charcuterie board. I made the bread in my dutch oven. Why didn't you like the bread you made?

@TeresaW1020 Hahahaha! I'm a food lover. I like to try new things, too! My pup did fine yesterday, thanks! Awww your husband is so sweet!

HI all. Happy Valentine's Day! Our celebration yesterday was great. I bought a nice bottle of red wine to have with it and it was delicious. I have to make my MIL's charcuterie board in a little bit, I wish I wouldn't have agreed to do it lol I'm tired! I also have a headache. Below is a picture of the creamy cajeta ice cream and chocolate lava cake, the charcuterie board, and the tiniest bottle of Nutella in the world! LOL

tcd3dih0kpoa.jpg
  • mswatson0777
    @TeresaW1020 Aldi is my favorite place to shop! I hope the meatloaf was great! I'm excited for you to get to buy some smaller sizes for spring and summer clothes! And I wouldn't worry too much about the gain. You are being so accountable that it'll be off in no time

@trooworld That charcuterie board looks fantastic! What a fun valentine's idea

@theslightedgeforever Happy Birthday!!! I hope you had an amazing time celebrating and taking the day for you! Did you get to dance around the fire?

@cbabie Thinking of you and hoping you had a healthy weekend (both mentally and physically)

Hi Everyone! My two vacation weekends are officially done and now I'm back to the grind. I'm feeling a little post-vacation morose. It's a good think that vacation is over because I need to get back to my healthy habits, but the endless string of days without a big thing to look forward to is going to wear on me.

I did cook some healthy meals for the week ahead that I'm looking forward to. Yesterday my spouse joined me for a BeachBody workout (AAA Day 5 if anyone is wondering)! He was DYING towards the end, which made me realize how fit I have become doing them 5 days a week!
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 I love the phrase, slow the FORK down. That's so cute.

@trooworld I got 25% At least tomorrow I could do 26, right? I don't like breads that are crusty if that makes sense. I don't like crispy pizza or bacon, I think it's a texture thing. Although now with my swallowing problem, soft breads probably aren't a good fit for me either anymore. I love your board. I could just eat that. Although now that I'm eating "blue" these things aren't as free for me anymore. Maybe I should try a f&v board. I love Nutella.

@mswatson0777 There was no dancing around the fire. We were all in a talkative mood and only put on light background music this time. That's great that you are planning ahead and are ready for back to work normal. Plus isn't it great to see you are more fit than your spouse? I've been walking but have not been doing my weights so i need to start adding that back in.

• DonnasWay0805
    DonnasWay0805 Posts: 37 Member
    I’m new here on this feed. I have started tracking calories for a few months coming from WW for many years. Could never get my calories and points to add up.. out of points but still low calories every time. I just saw this feed and thought it was interesting to read and wanted to join in... lol.. I love being able to have some almonds and avocado and not feel like I’m being punished 😂
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld your charcuterie board looks soooo good!! As does that bowl of ice cream and lava cake! Now that is the size Nutella I need! If I get a jar in my hand it is GONE! :grin:

@mswatson0777 There is NO way my DH could do a Beachbody workout and keep up with me. He used to be so much more fitter than me, but not anymore. Today I did AAA day 31 and my booty is sore! And that is on top of my quads which are already killing me from leg day. Tomorrow, I’m taking a break and just doing a treadmill walk. :grin:

@theslightedgeforever I found a graphic that said, “slow the fork down” and adopted it as my new saying. :)

@DonnasWay0805 Welcome! You will find that we do all different forms of eating plans in this group. When I was doing WW I would often double track and was always amazed that there could be a 200 to 400 difference with calories for the same amount of points. :)

Hello everyone! It’s a cold and rainy day and tomorrow doesn’t look much better. Which sucks because of that grocery shopping and Bible study day. My weight was down a tiny bit this morning which I found hilarious since DH and I shared a bottle of red and a dark chili candy bar. This evening we are opening the bottle of white that I put in the fridge because I have decided to observe Lent, which starts on Wednesday. I’m for sure giving up sugar and wine and I’m also thinking of going OMAD (one meal a day) with my eating. I would use lunchtime for Bible study and if I am super hungry, I can have a Keto coffee, which is a little bit of grass-fed butter and MCT oil blended in hot coffee. One cup of that and I will be good to go until dinner. Anyway, I’m thinking as I work on my spiritual side of life, I can also work on getting the scale to drop at a more rapid rate than it has been since the start of this year. I AM reaching my goal weight this year!! ;)